Academy Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Nick Jackson getting a run in the Lions ressies this week! Apparently you can stream NEAFL games from the website so i'll have to have a look.

Great to see Nick Jackson getting a run in the Lions ressies this week! Apparently you can stream NEAFL games from the website so i'll have to have a look.

Good to see, I noticed that Keays and Uebergang are playing for Redlands this week, looks like Fletch is sticking to his word about getting all the state boys to play against the experienced bodies.

Good to see, I noticed that Keays and Uebergang are playing for Redlands this week, looks like Fletch is sticking to his word about getting all the state boys to play against the experienced bodies.

Any idea on jacksons form after the recent leg injury and the hit to the head in the state game?

Read on one of the other forums that Hammelman kicked 4 today but I can't find anything anywhere. Can anyone clarify if possible please.

Read on one of the other forums that Hammelman kicked 4 today but I can't find anything anywhere. Can anyone clarify if possible please.
Not according to this (he played for the Lions reserves):
BRISBANE LIONS
Goal Kickers: J. Paine 5, J. Lisle 4, J. Crisp 2, J. Freeman 2, H. Andrews , N. Robertson , Z. O''Brien
Best Players: N. Hayes, Z. O''Brien, J. Paine, J. Crisp, N. Robertson, J. Bourke

Saw that post, the guy misread the columns. Hammelman played for the ressies and got 4 posessions, not 4 goals.

Good video highlights of a number of the Academy boys who are draft prospects here.

If you click the link to watch it on youtube there are links to the other guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett has reported on the Footy Show that the worth of father/sons and academy players will be decided by a panel, rule to take effect now (farcical) and will affect this year's academy players. Eddie and co win again.

:rolleyes:

Seriously what's the difference. If an opposing club nominates said player, the club with the F/S or academy player will pay their worth, otherwise if a panel decides the player's worth and you aren't prepared to pay it, you still may acquire the player in an open draft at a later pick than the panel deemed their worth.

My tolerance and love of the game just continues to diminish with the constant bullshit and austerity that clubs such as the Lions are faced with.

Barrett has reported on the Footy Show that the worth of father/sons and academy players will be decided by a panel, rule to take effect now (farcical) and will affect this year's academy players. Eddie and co win again.

Don't see how this process could possibly be any better than the current bidding system.

Is there any more to it? ie if they determine that two players are worth round 1 picks does the club have to choose one...or...? *scratches head*

Otherwise I don't really see the difference...

MB poster (so salt, grain, etc)

"Barrett was just saying that if "the panel" (which does not yet exist) deems Heeney to be worth more than our first pick (could be #18) , that we might have to give up our second pick as well."

o_O

MB poster (so salt, grain, etc)

"Barrett was just saying that if "the panel" (which does not yet exist) deems Heeney to be worth more than our first pick (could be #18) , that we might have to give up our second pick as well."

o_O
If true, I'm not sure they've thought this through....

If true, I'm not sure they've thought this through....

When do they ever...the AFL is renowned for making decisions in haste, rarely for the right and/or equitable reasons.

If Heeney is worth the Swans two first round picks, then surely Darcy Moore is too...bet the latter doesn't happen though.

Why should frontier clubs have to fund the running of academies if there is no clear benefit?

The heartland clubs benefit from young talent in their states being developed by strong existing pathways such as the TAC Cup and Colts competitions.

Yet we are somehow expected to fund the pathways in Queensland ourselves and then on top of that have to hope some nebulously appointed panel (no doubt dripping with conflict of interest) doesn't make us pay over market value for the players that come out of our region?

What a ******* joke. "Equalisation" heh.

May as well shelve the academies. No point. Eddie and his nonsensical rhetoric wins again. Gillon McLachlan is a simpering wimp.

If you don't have the bottle to support a feeder club, it's probably time to walk away - and who would blame you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back