Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

I was gonna mention Cole but I thought it too obscure. Anyways, Cole never won a browlow, so...

youre also forgetting Ben Doolan, that was 76 games of explosive speed and brilliant skill right there.

Those teeth (lack of)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't believe you just straight up zantucked him. U realise you only get one zantuck right?
I wasn't saying Cooney will be as bad as Zantuck, I was saying Zantuck was the shittest recruit ever.

I wasn't saying Cooney will be as bad as Zantuck, I was saying Zantuck was the shittest recruit ever.
I wasn't under the impression you were comparing the two. Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully cooney will be a good acquisition

I must have accepted him as one of us already because I had to change my password at work and I changed it to CoonDog.

So are we going to continue the "Coon" tradition every time he gets the ball?

I will be, but as aforementioned in this thread, Dreamtime at the G could be interesting :drunk:

Would you believe one of the main streets in my town is Coon St?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just comparing Cooneys stats with Colyers for 2014. Very similar across the board with a few more possessions and handballs for Cooney that would indicate his inside role. We laud Colyers season as a vital role that changed the dynamic of the team while Cooney seems to have been considered to have had a very poor season. Was that just because Cooney is considered to be so much more than that, or was it more that Cooney was ineffective in some way?

Just comparing Cooneys stats with Colyers for 2014. Very similar across the board with a few more possessions and handballs for Cooney that would indicate his inside role. We laud Colyers season as a vital role that changed the dynamic of the team while Cooney seems to have been considered to have had a very poor season. Was that just because Cooney is considered to be so much more than that, or was it more that Cooney was ineffective in some way?

It is a good point, it probably has more to do with the fact that he is a Brownlow winner and anything he produces below that will be seen as him going backwards as a player, which I guess technically he is but for someone like that, 70% of his best is still better than a lot of players 100%.

It is a good point, it probably has more to do with the fact that he is a Brownlow winner and anything he produces below that will be seen as him going backwards as a player, which I guess technically he is but for someone like that, 70% of his best is still better than a lot of players 100%.

This is even more reason we should look at Cooney as pick 37 in the draft when considering his value and worth to the club, rather than trying to quantify the number 1 draft pick we didn't use on him nor the Brownlow he didn't win whilst with us.

how many games did both play?
Colyer was bloody good at opening teams up in the 2nd half of the season. Can only see him going on in leaps and bounds now that he feels like he is part of the team rather than trying to win his wings every game.

If you wanted defensive running, Cooney was a very poor pick-up.
He is a front-runner and a win-more type of player. When your team is on top, he will help you to win more. When you are behind, he will not likely be part of the solution to turn things around.

He played burst football in 2014, several very good quarters but I don't recall ever getting a 4-quarter performance. You should expect that to continue I would expect, some good highlights but they will be interspersed with missing-in-action periods also.
Interesting to see how we make use of Cooney if this is the case? Having another half forward being invisible for half a game wont be unfamiliar :rolleyes:

Look guys , he hasn't played in a good team for quite a few years now and we all know losing ain't fun and brings u down , just wait till a fit Cooney slots in amongst a team that is winning and he's happy to be playing . I think he will fire !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back