Adam Cooney joins Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

So Tutt,Jones, Cooney, Higgins and Griffen all want(ed) out...

And only Griffen is the pariah, despite him leaving for supposedly less money...

Cooney was pushed out, Jones and Tutt had fulfilled their contrats and have looked elsewhere. Higgins was a RFA and we decided not to match the offer. The other was the captain of the club and walked out whilst still within contract.

You tell me which one stands out to you.

Cooney was pushed out, Jones and Tutt had fulfilled their contrats and have looked elsewhere. Higgins was a RFA and we decided not to match the offer. The other was the captain of the club and walked out whilst still within contract.

You tell me which one stands out to you.

All still wanted out from the club... something must have been going down

5 in a year is more than a blimp on the radar

Got to say Adrian Dodoro is a genius.

He's been able to get a decent deal for Ryder.

He's managed to get decent ruck cover in Giles.

He's added to Essendon's midfield depth with Cooney.

Deserves a payrise.

Wouldn't say genius, but to turn possible Ryder court case into pick 17 and Cooney is a fantastic effort, and Giles will be capable of 1st ruck (no harm being pushed out by big Shane Mumford) with Bellchambers still there.

Fantastic trade period for the Dons considering the reports that added up to losing all of Ryder, Winderlich, Kavanagh and Hardingham for pick 17 and steak knives overall.

Would have liked to get Cooney ourselves, well worth taking a risk on. Salary wouldn't be huge and a knee-affected Cooney will likely still have better output than a 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it just me or is Cooney s**t?

Would have kept pick 30 something if i were essendon.
He can have excellent games, but also games where he just doesn't look like he's getting around the park very well, and he does nothing.

Love to know what evidence that:

a. Cooney is a cripple. He actually had a fine season this year.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d-him-sincw-2008/story-e6frf9jf-1226095964548

"I'm in pain pretty much most of the time. It's just always there," Cooney said. "It takes about 15 or 20 minutes to warm up and it's got that sharp pain when you run, but I suppose you get used to it after a while.

He had an average season , He would play well now and then, Then he would have some woeful patches and give up

Don't get this trade at all. Cooney is 29, has bad knees. Hasn't played more than 20 games in the past 5 seasons. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Obviously Essendon think they're a chance to contend over the next 2-3 years, otherwise logic says they'd have kept the pick.

Cooney would definitely get a game at Collingwood and Giles would be your best ruckman. Considering we could've lost Ryder for nothing, its an okay result.
For what you got, I think it would been better to make a statement that you won't get pushed around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back