Traded Adam Cooney to Essendon for pick 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmmm from a club who have dragged out an ordinary inxs song. How long till the breakfast host and the 80s song lose their novelty. You shall embrace the tarps over empty seats once more! Enjoy your ride for now!
Mate: James Hird will be a premiership coach before tarps are needed at another Port home game!!!!

Mate are you sponsored by samboys because you have a massive chip on your shoulder?
I would have thought you would be concerned with being better than hawthorn or Sydney who whacked you rather than focusing on essendon.
Small club mentality, get over it billyboy!
Sorry I missed the hawks whack. I will take small over a laughing stock.

Of course Cooney was keen, probably the only club (and North lol) that didn't feel his knees were done as a dusted dinner. the other two sure, but it is not as if there were a million clubs lining up. There were better blokes available and they rightly stayed away in the current climate. To be fair your club did the right thing and got some picks. You will come out of it okay.

Do you read the crap you post before hitting 'Post Reply'? It is cringeworthy.

Not sure where to put this but a friend was speaking to Adam’s wife over the weekend.
Cooney never wanted to go anywhere other than Essendon, wanted to play for a big club, on the big stage and was amazed at the training facility. He also built an immediate rapport with Hird who sold the club and Cooney’s potential role very well.
She also mentioned that Cooney was offered notably more monetary wise from North Melbourne and also a 3rd year on his contract. However, his heart was never truly in going to North which he considered ‘comparable and commensurate’ to the Bulldogs.

Not sure where to put this but a friend was speaking to Adam’s wife over the weekend.
Cooney never wanted to go anywhere other than Essendon, wanted to play for a big club, on the big stage and was amazed at the training facility. He also built an immediate rapport with Hird who sold the club and Cooney’s potential role very well.
She also mentioned that Cooney was offered notably more monetary wise from North Melbourne and also a 3rd year on his contract. However, his heart was never truly in going to North which he considered ‘comparable and commensurate’ to the Bulldogs.
I also had a mate that spoke to Adams next door neighbours sister in law and they said your post is miles off the truth. Interesting.

"just the opportunity to play for such a big club"

"the opportunity to play at a big club, in front of big crowds and, hopefully have some success"

"I was pretty impressed with the place" (re the Tullamarine High Performance Centre)

reporter "did the fact that he (McCartney) left factor in you reconsidering your decision?"
Cooney "no, not at all, I was always leaving"

reporter "did you have any concerns about uncertainties surround Essendon?"
Cooney "no, i wouldn't have picked Essendon otherwise"

"I haven't missed a game for my knee in 2 years"

reporter "did you consider North Melbourne?"
Cooney "no, Essendon was always the club I wanted to get to"

Just thought Wild Bill could read this seeing as though he knows more than Adam Cooney himself

Adam Cooney says so himself in that video that they both see the same for his football and for the teams success.

"just the opportunity to play for such a big club"

"the opportunity to play at a big club, in front of big crowds and, hopefully have some success"

"I was pretty impressed with the place" (re the Tullamarine High Performance Centre)

reporter "did the fact that he (McCartney) left factor in you reconsidering your decision?"
Cooney "no, not at all, I was always leaving"

reporter "did you have any concerns about uncertainties surround Essendon?"
Cooney "no, i wouldn't have picked Essendon otherwise"

"I haven't missed a game for my knee in 2 years"

reporter "did you consider North Melbourne?"
Cooney "no, Essendon was always the club I wanted to get to"

Just thought Wild Bill could read this seeing as though he knows more than Adam Cooney himself

Adam Cooney says so himself in that video that they both see the same for his football and for the teams success.

More money at the Roos? Roos are like the dogs?? Extra year??

And just Adam Cooney talking himself about why he came to Essendon

Seems you were right Heppellicious, coney even says himself that "matched up well, James and I built up a great rapport"

Hird was a big factor along with his desire to play at a big club on the big stage.

His wife said that he didn't feel north could offer that and he saw them as a similar type of club in terms of size, support and resources to the dogs.

She also said it would have been more lucrative financially for him to go to north.

Hird was a big factor along with his desire to play at a big club on the big stage.

His wife said that he didn't feel north could offer that and he saw them as a similar type of club in terms of size, support and resources to the dogs.

She also said it would have been more lucrative financially for him to go to north.
His wife said due to the notices he is a greater chance to get more game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wives say the strangest things.

frankly, what Heppellicious has said is more believable than the dribble your coming up with.

If your posting history (re Essendon) was more believable, more people may actually believe you but the dribble you post is all they think now no matter what you believe, think, make up, whatever.

frankly, what Heppellicious has said is more believable than the dribble your coming up with.

If your posting history (re Essendon) was more believable, more people may actually believe you but the dribble you post is all they think now no matter what you believe, think, make up, whatever.
Of course it's more believable - it favours the team you support. No quote - Chinese whispers yet you want to believe.

Of course it's more believable - it favours the team you support. No quote - Chinese whispers yet you want to believe.

lol - maybe you should be an 'Essendon' supporter in that thread you have on the NM board where we say the strangest things because you make up more vitriol than all of us Essendon supporters say together. lol

If you were so informative, maybe you should come over to the Essendon board, you know, since we are so uninformed and all?

Ill happily start tagging you in things we would like to know about.

Same as last year - huffed and puffed and wanted more for Crameri - ended up taking what was offered early. Same thing happened with Ryder this year. Ryder for 17 and Cooney is a terrible result.

I read the Ryder thread, you were saying we would be lucky to get a second round pick for Ryder at first...

Now we got first and second rounder for him and having pick 4 offered by GWS,

Do you think you have a habit of forgetting what you write, because it's getting embarrassing watching you do backflips...

Anyway, your opinion is clearly yours, not your clubs, you do look quite the dill.

Many times I have seen you say why the hell would anyone want to go to Essendon, with long rants, well guess what..It's time for a reality check...

Your club offered pick 36 and Harper for Cooney, wanted him bad,

We offered 37,

Cooney decided he wanted the chance to play for a BIG club in front of BIG crowds,

He decided he wanted to train at the best facilities in the land,

Then he had a chat to Hirdy and it was a done deal,

This whole trade deal was so yummy, the fact that North wanted him and outbid us,

there is not enough egg some people around here could apply to their own faces..

Your quote above is incorrect also, Last year we had to cop the offer of 26 as Crameri was out of contract,

This year, the first offer was #17, then we negotiated and got a pick that enabled us to get Cooney, a player your club offered more for, your tears are yummy..

Look at the time of the trades for Crameri and Ryder. Cooney got held up because of the huff and puff. Essendon were played in the same way twice. "We want more" Dordoro never gets his more.

Pretty sure pick 37 was more, the fact North were into Cooney makes your posts funnier...thanks for the LULZ.

To be fair, what option do they have? Not as if players will voluntarily want to be traded to Essendon. That said to be fair I feel the club did well this period.

I'll bet you more players get traded to Essendon next year than Sydney....:cry:

Your username doesn't suit, please change it to Swansno2...

Then toodle off to the Buddy forum, you're a fish out of water here...

I'll bet you more players get traded to Essendon next year than Sydney....:cry:

Your username doesn't suit, please change it to Swansno2...

Then toodle off to the Buddy forum, you're a fish out of water here...

Yet we will have Heeney, Mills and Dunkley even without trades. Any club would take that, and I'm sure we will. Not as if it is THAT big a deal. It is disappointing sure but we are in a window, we can deal with the lack of trades. I will be changing the User thing soon, just haven't had a moment lately.

Yet we will have Heeney, Mills and Dunkley even without trades. Any club would take that, and I'm sure we will. Not as if it is THAT big a deal. It is disappointing sure but we are in a window, we can deal with the lack of trades. I will be changing the User thing soon, just haven't had a moment lately.
Take it to the Sydney board as well...Swans#2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back