Adam Goodes and the media

mattt

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2014
Brunswick, VIC.
AFL Club
Richmond
As he didn't get away with it and/or there wasn't a goal as a result... I'd say no.

Looks like he's about to launch into a backwards flip :)

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Another Adam Goodes thread:rolleyes:

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://i.imgur.com/G17fAUt.gif

Will Adam Goodes cop the same amount of media for his action as Bartel ? Adam is a great player but he has brought this "acting" into his game that seems to be glossed over by the media where as Jimmy Bartel got attacked.

Do you think Adam will receive the same treatment ?

Is this racist? I'm not sure

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Another Adam Goodes thread:rolleyes:

Maybe its needed. Adam is a dead set champion of the game, no disputing that but in the last two years he has brought this acting into his game and seems to get away with it. Worth discussing IMO in light of Jimmy Bartels criticism from last week. Will it compare or again be ignored ?

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
Wouldn't mind seeing a shot from the opposite angle. The one here shows nothing really, certainly not the point of contact. At first look I thought he'd copped a hand straight in the face, but as the umpire didn't pay a free, I guess not. :rolleyes:

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
People throw their head back all the time. Happens often.

That said he stayed down! That should be what he gets done for. It's acting as if he is hurt and the umpire has missed an obvious free. Very poor indeed.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
He won't cop a thing despite the laughable nature of him throwing his head back. If he had won a free kick might be a different story.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
People throw their head back all the time. Happens often.

That said he stayed down! That should be what he gets done for. It's acting as if he is hurt and the umpire has missed an obvious free. Very poor indeed.

Was the reason i posted it. Acting in part is ok but you saw Goodes stay down. I would hate a guy to be reported, miss a final for not doing anything.

Last edited:

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been my biggest annoyance with the MRP for sometime.

You can basically punch someone in the face and if they stand and take it, it's considered insufficient force. If they drop, well you're gone.

Goodes staying down really was a bad look and dare I say it, un-Australian!

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would have been more believeable if he'd grabbed his dick. Nowhere near his head. Nearly managed a back flip though which is impressive at his age.

Crowley got fined for this type of crap 2 years ago and that stays on his rap sheet now, along with the pinchy pinchy that was never proven.

Crowley is seen as a dog, but he gets the best out of his ability and does a job.

Goodes gets awards and hugs instead of also having crap like this on his rap sheet. Goodes is seen as a champion.

Joke.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Crowley got fined for this type of crap 2 years ago and that stays on his rap sheet now, along with the pinchy pinchy that was never proven.

Crowley is seen as a dog, but he gets the best out of his ability and does a job.

Goodes gets awards and hugs instead of also having crap like this on his rap sheet. Goodes is seen as a champion.

Joke.
I like Crowley. There, I said it. :p

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Crowley. There, I said it. :p

It's just frustrating the perception one can get.

Fyfe would also be seen as an unfair player as he has now been suspended 3 times in 2 years, but the only one suspendable was his hit on Lewis.

Goodes got off for his bump earlier in the year.

I mean if what Goodes did isn't staging then they need to scrap the rule. Not make examples when they introduce it and then relax it again.

Back