Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod notice 27/7/15:

A reminder that this thread is for discussing anything to do with Adam Goodes and how he is perceived. We are happy for posters to engage in a robust debate on this topic, however this does not include troll posts or posts that cover old ground, such as "why aren't other indigenous players booed" or "Goodes is booed because he acts like a flog". We reserve the right to delete posts and/or take further actions as we see fit, without explanation.

Thank you

The Swans board mod team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...o-andrew-ireland/story-fndv8ujy-1227397205909

Last edited by a moderator:
“Oh look, if we keep acknowledging it week in and week out then people are going to keep doing it,” Goodes told ABC radio.

Main problem here. Not to mention that some were pushing incorrect facts which got the haters riled up even more.

The media keep bringing it up as the majority of australians love to indulge in bastardy most times, so the media keeps feeding this sort of behavior and the crowd then reward the media which profits from it all.

The problem with Adam Goodes is he called out a country that is still too immature to deal with its own problems, have a proper conversation and move forward. Lot of dumb Australians would rather it not be there at all. But luckily for the rest of us these morons will have to deal with people like Adam challenging our pitfalls for a long time to come. Its no coincidence that the biggest critics of Adam have been ordinary stupid people while those who have defended him and the accolades he receives are from people with more than a yr 10 education.

Last night the ch 7 dickwads tried to push the booing issue, especially Same Lane during the coaches conference. Horse gave a good reply. A few minutes later she then tried to broach the topic in a more stern manner, demanding Horse give her something and he gave a similar reply. If I was horse I would have just asked for the next question.

Then Ralph tried to claim that Goodes was taunting the crowd late in the game.

Poor Adam, it's not his fault 3/4 of football fans are deadshit morons and that we have a very low brow fourth estate that feeds s**t sandwiches to the stupid masses.

Also McGuire Media is behind a lot of the negativity towards Adam.

Another thing, I am so tired of the AFL public lauding acts like Ziebells blatant knee in hanners back or laughing off at fuuuuuuritos blatant cheap shot at buddy yet spending so much energy booing a champion person and player like Goodes.

He doesnt even stage, at all. The last time was mid last year.

Yet a tip rat player like "boomer" Harvey and his cheating slimey ways is considered cheeky from the same people and the same media.

Its a sad tragedy that a s**t person like "Boomer" harvey will most likely break a games record, sad because it wont be broken for a long time and it will be (his record) repeated for years to come. I hope he breaks down and it he doesnt get there, i dont think a player like "booooomer" harvey deserves such accolades.

A few of you have asked for it, and given that commercial media outlets are the ones who keep bringing it up, I feel it is best that we give this topic its own thread.

The media keep bringing it up as the majority of australians love to indulge in bastardy most times, so the media keeps feeding this sort of behavior and the crowd then reward the media which profits from it all.

The problem with Adam Goodes is he called out a country that is still too immature to deal with its own problems, have a proper conversation and move forward. Lot of dumb Australians would rather it not be there at all. But luckily for the rest of us these morons will have to deal with people like Adam challenging our pitfalls for a long time to come. Its no coincidence that the biggest critics of Adam have been ordinary stupid people while those who have defended him and the accolades he receives are from people with more than a yr 10 education.

Last night the ch 7 dickwads tried to push the booing issue, especially Same Lane during the coaches conference. Horse gave a good reply. A few minutes later she then tried to broach the topic in a more stern manner, demanding Horse give her something and he gave a similar reply. If I was horse I would have just asked for the next question.

Then Ralph tried to claim that Goodes was taunting the crowd late in the game.

Poor Adam, it's not his fault 3/4 of football fans are deadshit morons and that we have a very low brow fourth estate that feeds s**t sandwiches to the stupid masses.

Also McGuire Media is behind a lot of the negativity towards Adam.

You are spot on. The level of hate is completely disproportionate. Goodesy has been pretty remarkable the last few weeks. Choosing what to say, when to say it and it is making the haters even more antsy. That his form onfield has gone up since the furore really erupted a few weeks ago is just more reason for the haters to hate. I have no doubt that much of the fan angst is by people who feel like he was pointing at them, not that 13 year old girl, and don't they hate it.
Sad really.

I have no doubt that much of the fan angst is by people who feel like he was pointing at them, not that 13 year old girl, and don't they hate it.

When you peel all the layers back this is the truth you end up with.

There is a terrible hate culture that has formed in this country, it been brewing for a while and i am observing that people just dont care if they are perceived as haters, they will hate regardless and will not hold back telling you so.

Maybe its a combination of factors which people are using the footy to vent, but even the booing in general has increased a lot at games this year. I cant handle it, it puts me off enjoying the game.

There is a terrible hate culture that has formed in this country, it been brewing for a while and i am observing that people just dont care if they are perceived as haters, they will hate regardless and will not hold back telling you so.

Maybe its a combination of factors which people are using the footy to vent, but even the booing in general has increased a lot at games this year. I cant handle it, it puts me off enjoying the game.

There is a grain of truth to this but I'm not sure you can speak in such absolutes. The football establishment is still quite conservative and that reflects in the media coverage. A lot of people do support Goodesy's stance.

He won't say it in public but the booing has taken a toll. On the other hand the response by players and clubs (take a bow North) has been pretty impressive and just further highlights that despite the denials there are many people out there that see the booing (the excessive booing) for what it is.

Ugh i just dont know how to feel about this i feel there is nothing nobody can do and i just feel the more times it is brought up the worst it will get.

Does it make me a bad supporter to say that im tired of the whole Goodes booing ordeal.

I feel its best to let this thing die on its own, not sure Ireland comments help here :(

He won't say it in public but the booing has taken a toll. On the other hand the response by players and clubs (take a bow North) has been pretty impressive and just further highlights that despite the denials there are many people out there that see the booing (the excessive booing) for what it is.

Also the amount of abuse he receives on twitter is just terrible. These are not troll accounts but real people accounts.

Says a lot about the mans character that he wont back down, even if it is effecting him.

Ugh i just dont know how to feel about this i feel there is nothing nobody can do and i just feel the more times it is brought up the worst it will get.

Does it make me a bad supporter to say that im tired of the whole Goodes booing ordeal.

I feel its best to let this thing die on its own, not sure Ireland comments help here :(

It's ok mate I created this thread for all of us to let out our frustrations about it, each of us will react to it differently.

There is a grain of truth to this but I'm not sure you can speak in such absolutes. The football establishment is still quite conservative and that reflects in the media coverage. A lot of people do support Goodesy's stance.

No, the media feeds the footy public what they want. If there was no story about the booing then they would have moved on. As i said they are both feeding each other. The fact that its still an issue is because the media is driving this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ok mate I created this thread for all of us to let out our frustrations about it, each of us will react to it differently.

I feel like its reached a level where its just the "cool thing" to do you know everyone is booing Goodes so we will just do it as well.

Look at the Gold Coast game the booing felt forced and manfactured like they don't even know why they were booing him.

I guess by saying nothing it feeds this perception thats its ok to boo him. I am reading a lot about how young kids are confused at games as to why he is being booed and thats disheartening.

I feel he and the club wants to move forward but the media keep bringing it up.

The trolls think it is a game, or something like that. Obviously they have zero understanding of where Goodesy is coming from.

Some of them do, but as you say, its a game to a majority of them. Especially your typical mid 20 year old male. Its worst when they are in packs and then try to outdo each other in who is the biggest idiot.

I really cant handle bastardry behaviour.

I guess by saying nothing it feeds this perception thats its ok to boo him. I am reading a lot about how young kids are confused at games as to why he is being booed and thats disheartening.

I feel he and the club wants to move forward but the media keep bringing it up.

They needs to be proper balanced articles, articles labeling the entire Hawthorn supporter base as racists does absolutely nothing positive towards us and Adam Goodes.

Like you said Media keeps pouring petrol over a fire.

You mean that article written by that SJW fan after last years GF?

I actually know her personally, she is a legit Swans fan but that wasn't her best work.

I actually know her personally, she is a legit Swans fan but that wasn't her best work.

I am not denying she is a swans fan, she clearly is.

Everyone should stay well clear from twitter, its the worst medium to use when you are emotional and angry. And if someone retweets your angry twit, especially after you deleted it, it theres for ever.

They needs to be proper balanced articles, articles labeling the entire Hawthorn supporter base as racists does absolutely nothing positive towards us and Adam Goodes.

Like you said Media keeps pouring petrol over a fire.

You have a point, the irony is that Hawks supporters will argue that Goodesy brings it on himself but fail to understand how they have brought the racist tag unto themselves.

I like how he is having sly digs at Eddie when he can.

The booing annoys me because apart from me being over anxious minutes before the game starts I now have an added anxiety of hoping the crowds doesnt boo him.

sam lane pissed me off. horse gave her a strong and direct answer yet she went back for seconds. shes a vulture and a vampire. im happy with how horse dealt with her.

im annoyed at footy media, theyre a pack hyenas feeding off carcasses.

it pisses me off that they choose to focus on issues that generate hate and aggression within footy. the same industry that allows them to put food on the tables of their luxury homes. this goodes issue is one they know will devide the nation, will cause anger and get people debating, which equals more hits for them and bigger pay packets. its lazy journalism, its tabloid trash, and im sick of it.

i think i speak for the majority of footy fans when i say id much rather hear stories about how our players go about preparing for footy, what tgeir goals are and how theyre striving ti become better players. id much rather hear some stories about up and coming players from my club and what they have to do, and are working on to make seniors. i want to know more about tactical aspects of footy, what current trends are, where the game is headed. i want some coverage of footy, not about booing, not about gc players being suspended for drinking, not calls for coaches to be sacked.

the footy media as a majority is dispicable, theyre going for the lowest common denomjnator to generate clicks instead of putting thought, effort and expertise into their stories.

shame on you footy media!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back