Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight, the AFL has a chance to regain some semblance of honour.
I see you McGuire and I see you Hawthorn, the irony is bittersweet.
How quiet has Eddie been about it?! Just sitting back watching his hate evolve into this monster. I'm not sure if he'd feel embarassed, happy, disgusted, vilified, content with it all. I hope he makes a strong statement against the booing as Im sure he (like Dermott, Dunstall, Newman, Carey) holds some sway with those who support the booing & cannot comprehend the issue. We change the main footy media culprits & we in turn change the thinking of the thousands of blind sheep following their every opinion.

I hope you guys are alright with me posting my opinion on this issue in this thread. The drama that people don't want is caused by their own backlash, not Adam Goodes. When in life is it ok to say "I am going to jeer you and if you complain, I will call you drama-loving softie"? In real life, this is called bullying, and society claims it hates bullying. But apparently not when it comes to bullying players as it seems. Just because they pay money to enter the game, they think they are entitled to bully an individual.

It is not hard to attend a game while shutting your mouth when Adam Goodes gets the ball. No one is asking for opposition supporters to cheer for him. This point makes sense even without the whole racism being added to it. If a player publicly says that they don't want to be constantly booed, then people should refrain from it. This is called common courtesy.

This issue would not have been so dramatic if people just said "Yes Adam Goodes, you don't like being booed so we will not boo you. If you think it is because of racism, we will stop as we don't want you to feel racial abuse, regardless of our real motives behind the booing is." He would have gone off, played this weekend without any drama.

The act of bullying is what society is trying to stamp out, and this is exactly what is being promoted by the individuals who are saying that he can be booed every time he goes near the ball. Unfortunate that there are so many people on this boat. It is as if people forget that these players are humans. Don't expect players to put up with crap that you don't expect others to put up with. Nobody would appreciate their child being booed every time they enter the schoolyard, or expect cashiers in grocery stores to put up with being booed whenever they make a mistake just because customers buy items there. So why should Adam Goodes not be allowed to tell people to stop booing him? Absolutely ridiculous and infuriating that he is going through all of this because of people's sense of entitlement and indiscretion.

I know it is one of your players, but I am glad to see Sydney supporters being very reasonable about this and understanding of Goodes' position. You guys now have an insight to what happens to minorities on a regular basis, and how they are treated by people when they stand up against casual racism (and most of us know that much of this started when he stood up for casual racism). I really hope Goodes is alright.

How quiet has Eddie been about it?! Just sitting back watching his hate evolve into this monster. I'm not sure if he'd feel embarassed, happy, disgusted, vilified, content with it all. I hope he makes a strong statement against the booing as Im sure he (like Dermott, Dunstall, Newman, Carey) holds some sway with those who support the booing & cannot comprehend the issue. We change the main footy media culprits & we in turn change the thinking of the thousands of blind sheep following their every opinion.
His club is sponsored by Emirates. How do you think they might respond to sponsoring a club embroiled in a national race controversy? He is keeping his big mouth shut and head down. Personally I hope Emirates pull their sponsorship. Maybe his mates Newman and Joffa can speak with the Prince.

I probably don't even need to say this, but if any of our supporters out there are even contemplating doing something as moronic as throwing eggs, don't. If you do you deserve to get kicked out of the ground. That's appalling and worse than the people who are booing.

If we spot ANY post encouraging this kind of retaliatory behaviour on this board it will result in an instant red card.

Should also be pointed out this "fan" does not speak for us as a supporter base, nor does he even speak for the Cheer Squad. Knowing the Melbourne based Cheer Squad as I do, I can say with a high degree of certainty that he isn't even a member of it and is using them to inflame something that didn't need to be inflamed.

I back up what RW said, we don't support it and we won't allow it to be posted on here. If we see it, we'll take the strongest action against it that we deem fit.

With the game on tomorrow night and 30k+ expected there will bound to be some dickheads around trying to make some misbegotten "rarr freedom of sperch" point about booing Goodesy. Can I suggest that rather than risk a physical confrontation you just take out your phone and film their behaviour and post it to social media. The 7:30 Report are also requesting any such footage should it come to light.

Be aware that you are within your rights to film in public and anyone acting like a drongo in a crowd has no right to expect privacy or demand you stop filming them. These cowards use the anonimity of the crowd to shield their shitty behaviour. They should have no issue with putting their face to it.

Should also be pointed out this "fan" does not speak for us as a supporter base, nor does he even speak for the Cheer Squad. Knowing the Melbourne based Cheer Squad as I do, I can say with a high degree of certainty that he isn't even a member of it and is using them to inflame something that didn't need to be inflamed.

I back up what RW said, we don't support it and we won't allow it to be posted on here. If we see it, we'll take the strongest action against it that we deem fit.
Agreed. But Motor mouth milked it. Went form an anonymous unsourced report to in motor mouths mind the whole cheer squad. Also would anyone seriously waste an egg on Joffas scone?

I probably don't even need to say this, but if any of our supporters out there are even contemplating doing something as moronic as throwing eggs, don't. If you do you deserve to get kicked out of the ground. That's appalling and worse than the people who are booing.

If we spot ANY post encouraging this kind of retaliatory behaviour on this board it will result in an instant red card.

Throwing eggs? wait what is there a group movement for that sort of thing surely not.

First i have even heard it mentioned.

I hope you guys are alright with me posting my opinion on this issue in this thread. The drama that people don't want is caused by their own backlash, not Adam Goodes. When in life is it ok to say "I am going to jeer you and if you complain, I will call you drama-loving softie"? In real life, this is called bullying, and society claims it hates bullying. But apparently not when it comes to bullying players as it seems. Just because they pay money to enter the game, they think they are entitled to bully an individual.

It is not hard to attend a game while shutting your mouth when Adam Goodes gets the ball. No one is asking for opposition supporters to cheer for him. This point makes sense even without the whole racism being added to it. If a player publicly says that they don't want to be constantly booed, then people should refrain from it. This is called common courtesy.

This issue would not have been so dramatic if people just said "Yes Adam Goodes, you don't like being booed so we will not boo you. If you think it is because of racism, we will stop as we don't want you to feel racial abuse, regardless of our real motives behind the booing is." He would have gone off, played this weekend without any drama.

The act of bullying is what society is trying to stamp out, and this is exactly what is being promoted by the individuals who are saying that he can be booed every time he goes near the ball. Unfortunate that there are so many people on this boat. It is as if people forget that these players are humans. Don't expect players to put up with crap that you don't expect others to put up with. Nobody would appreciate their child being booed every time they enter the schoolyard, or expect cashiers in grocery stores to put up with being booed whenever they make a mistake just because customers buy items there. So why should Adam Goodes not be allowed to tell people to stop booing him? Absolutely ridiculous and infuriating that he is going through all of this because of people's sense of entitlement and indiscretion.

I know it is one of your players, but I am glad to see Sydney supporters being very reasonable about this and understanding of Goodes' position. You guys now have an insight to what happens to minorities on a regular basis, and how they are treated by people when they stand up against casual racism (and most of us know that much of this started when he stood up for casual racism). I really hope Goodes is alright.
Excellent thoughts. I agree 100%. Thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throwing eggs? wait what is there a group movement for that sort of thing surely not.

First i have even heard it mentioned.

I suspect a gullible journalist hasn't checked their facts, I would hope that no one is planning anything like this.

Andrew Ireland really didn't help matters by saying everyone who boos is racist, I thought Colless said it far better.

Sam Newmans comments are blinded by his clear racial cloud. He's always been a racist, and he always will be. He's a self-entitled, delusional flog whose views are so terribly, terribly wrong. The fact that people listen and draw ideas from him is only what is going to make this countries racist nature worse than it already is. Here's the proof:

The quicker people like this flog get out of the country or die, the better our future will be.

Sam Newman has never been relevant. He appeals to the lowest ebbs of our society. The man is a self entitled moron

In fairness, he's right. I don't agree with Eddie often, but throwing eggs is not only going to make the situation much, much worse, it will look absolutely childish, and frankly gives the booers the moral high ground. Terrible, terrible idea.
Don't you think this is most likely a beat-up by Maguire? It's exactly the type of stunt he would pull. You know, an imaginary contact in the Swans cheer squad. Who in the Swans cheer squad would demean themselves by talking to Maguire or his followers?
I think Andrew Ireland's statement was fine. We are so delicate about everyone else's sensibilities, that we don't state the real issue clearly.

This is a disgrace the whole thing, no one deserves this. The Sam Newman's of this world have no idea.

It's actually pretty laughable when you look at which public figures make up the two main sides of this argument. You've got to wonder about people who are happy to quote Sam Newman, Alan Jones, and Shane Warne as a way of backing up their argument.

I've never been a huge fan of Adam Goodes as a player (mostly because he's routinely ripped us apart). But I respect him as an elite player of the game and even moreso for his off-field work with children and the indigenous community. As you rightly said, no one deserves this. No one.

Don't you think this is most likely a beat-up by Maguire? It's exactly the type of stunt he would pull. You know, an imaginary contact in the Swans cheer squad. Who in the Swans cheer squad would demean themselves by talking to Maguire or his followers?
I think Andrew Ireland's statement was fine. We are so delicate about everyone else's sensibilities, that we don't state the real issue clearly.

Which is my point.

This guy isn't a member of the Swans Cheer Squad in Melbourne or Sydney, the Melbourne CS aren't packing anything up to travel to Sydney - Eddie has fallen for a person telling porkies.

Also in regards to crowd behaviour, doesn't Eddie have better things to do such as control his fans after last weekend rather than be misled into saying how fans will react to something we aren't doing?

Just dropped in to let you guys know that I feel terrible for Adam and the fact this has now taken a toll on his mental health. No one should be subjected to that much media scrutiny and debate from the left and right alike just because of the colour of their skin.
I hope that a positive ground swell of support to stamp out racism from games is the end result of this so maybe in time Adam can look back on these terrible days and smile to himself that all he went through was worth it after the positive affect of ending racism at games.
Just so you know I wont be part of the blanket booing of Adam as I find it completely un Australian to run a man into the ground until it affects his mental health, however if he does something like a boomer harvey and knocks a ball out of a mans hands to get a cheap shot cheat 50 you can bet I will boo for all of a minute if even that then it will be over.
I sincerely hope with all my heart that your champ returns to the game soon ( but has a shocker if he plays us :D ) and common sense prevails in this issue in regards to booing and we all start to take some positive steps to eradicate the hate that is racism. Don't worry Swannies guys and girls there are plenty of us out there from other clubs that cant and wont stand for Adam being racially vilified, take care all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back