Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

SMH reporting Adam Goodes will return to the club on Tuesday morning and will be available to play against Geelong.

Until the next rights deal comes along.

We had the second biggest attendance of the round on the weekend, even drew more than a Collingwood home game at the MCG. They need us more than we need them.

I wonder if it was knee jerk attitudes and personal dislikes some commissioners harboured about the Sydney Swans which polluted the waters and led to this Goodes issue festering?

We implore the League to act but behind closed doors it's just, 'well here we go again. More whinging and self entitlement from Sydney'.

Myopia is a terrible trait for a Board. Time for change.

I just had a thought if Goodes plays this weekend. I think it would be great if both Geelong and Sydney players got together before the game and each side performed some kind of indigenous war dance. The tone would be set before the game starts and I reckon it would discourage some from booing

Gee. I tell you what, if I was a young person today looking for a footy team to follow it would be the Bloods.

Sydney is so far ahead of the rest of the pack in terms of culture and what a footy club is all about in terms of standing up for a mate and having powerful leadership. The president's stance on this has been inspiring. That Adam Goodes tribute on Saturday will never be forgotten. Just superb.

I'm so fricken impressed by Sydney...not enough to change teams (been a Shinboner since 1971) but certainly to barrack for them when my team aint playing them. I now pick Sydney every game just so I can barrack for them.

What a great club. And what a an outstanding footballer & leader Adam Goodes has been & will continue to be.

I hope I'm around long enough to one day see Adam Goodes become prime minister....better still.........

The first Australian President, elected by the people.

Gee. I tell you what, if I was a young person today looking for a footy team to follow it would be the Bloods.

Sydney is so far ahead of the rest of the pack in terms of culture and what a footy club is all about in terms of standing up for a mate and having powerful leadership. The president's stance on this has been inspiring. That Adam Goodes tribute on Saturday will never be forgotten. Just superb.

I'm so fricken impressed by Sydney...not enough to change teams (been a Shinboner since 1971) but certainly to barrack for them when my team aint playing them. I now pick Sydney every game just so I can barrack for them.

What a great club. And what a an outstanding footballer & leader Adam Goodes has been & will continue to be.

I hope I'm around long enough to one day see Adam Goodes become prime minister....better still.........

The first Australian President, elected by the people.
Steady on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had the second biggest attendance of the round on the weekend, even drew more than a Collingwood home game at the MCG. They need us more than we need them.

It is not just us, the need all the teams. From Perth to Adelaide to Brisvegas to Sydney to Melbourne.
It is now a national comp.
It is natural that clubs will try to exert influence on the controlling body, but how about that influence be on somewhat of a level playing field?
As it stands the AFL is being led around by the nose by Eddie with Newbold and Gordon not far off. That is unacceptable because they are clearly only looking after their own interests.

And all it took was an article shaming the commission. They care more about their image than this issue. If they really cared about this issue the commission (Fitzpatrick) would have come out and said this earlier.
That is pretty much every non indigenous journalist/official that has commented on this issue.

I watched the SBS news tonight and saw the piece on the 37 thing .....3rd quarter and 7th minute

It was my mate who I used to work with who started that outside the ground. We worked together in wa and he texted me today about it.

His name is Rodger ....lol,he's a Pom and a great bloke and swans member. Love your work Rodger

I work with aboriginal people as a drug and alcohol counsellor and I have been applaud by the treatment Goodes has been dished up.

I'm over posting in the main board and been shouted down and abused by posters.

I see what 200 years of racism has done. Causes depression, anxiety, addictions and violence.

I was heartened to see aboriginal players dancing and kissing their chests on the weekend. Hopefully a positive wave that was created at the SCG WILL continue. There is no courage in booing incessantly and I ask do we want our kids to be taught this is what we do at the game.

Goodes has done so much for his people and she be applauded

And can I just say one more thing ....Brereton is a a racist man and fox footy should have ripped him off the air.....

That's my bake

Well does swans fans for getting behind Goodes and while I'm an Eagles fan in no way do I condone the actions of some of our fans last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back