Adam Goodes v Brent Harvey

Adam Goodes or Brent Harvey

• Adam Goodes

Votes: 77 69.4%
  • Brent Harvey

Votes: 34 30.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Goodes would only be behind a handful of select players over the last decade. Harvey is a fantastic player as well but Adam Goodes definitely wins this one.

Adam Goodes gets the "Brett Favre/Emmett Smith Award" for bringing his legacy down because he thought he could play on when he shouldn't have. If he retires at 32 after the Grand Final win, there's no doubt he is remembered as a champion who retired at the right time.

Ask this question back then, Goodes gets votes from every one who isn't a Roos fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes won 2 Brownlows for a reason...I love Boomer of course, but on pure talent, there's only a handful of players who I'd pick before Goodes as players of the 00's (Ablett, Judd, Buddy, Mitchell, Enright maybe, and if you count them Black and Akermanis....that's 7, only 4 certainties)

The sort of comparison I'd make to this choice is something like Ben Cousins and Lenny Hayes.

Hayes was a star, you'd never be unhappy with him in your side, gun player, not a like-for-like for Harvey and I'm not trying to compare them at all, but what I'm trying to say is Hayes is a step down on Cousins, just like Harvey is on Goodes.

Goodes at his best by a mile.

Quality over their entire careers, and it's Boomers

I thought this might've been a who's the biggest sook poll lol

Anyway boomer will have the better career simply cos he's still going and doesn't look like slowing down.

Back