Adam Goodes vs Chris Judd

Adam Goodes vs Chris Judd

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two dual brownlow medalists. Two legends of the game. Arguably the two best players since the turn of the century. Who's been the better player? Adam Goodes is the greatest player I have seen in my life, with respect to Judd and Gary Ablett jr. He's the only player who I've seen have the ability to turn a game in every single position on the ground. He's a dead-set superstar.

Yep

To put it another way - If you had an entire team of Goodes clones it would beat every team in the comp (unless he's (all of them) having a bad day). An entire team of Judd's wouldn't beat any team.

Think about it.

I'm thinking. Goodes would definitely get the tap out. Sharked by Judd. Gives it to Judd. Judd runs, handballs to Judd who kicks to Judd and Judd goals.

Judd handsdown!

Op who would you take Diesel or Watson?
I never saw Diesel in his prime, or I was too young to remember, so I won't comment.

Goodes is 33 and has played 324 games of football, Judd is only 29 and has played 244.

I wonder if Judd can sustain the kind of form that Goodes has all the way through another 4 seasons.

Judd. Goodes has always had the potential to go totally missing in games but Judd is always there despite being tagged. I'm by no means suggesting Goodes is no good, I'm just saying consistency gets Judd over the line.

The thing that annoys me with this poll is that it would be Judd in a landslide if he was still playing for WCE. Because he plays for Carlton and is perceived as a money hungry bloke he is despised that much that even Jack Watts would win in a poll v Judd.

At their best, Judd clearly has the better of Goodes. As great as Goodes has been, he was never anywhere near as consistent as Judd.

The thing that annoys me with this poll is that it would be Judd in a landslide if he was still playing for WCE. Because he plays for Carlton and is perceived as a money hungry bloke he is despised that much that even Jack Watts would win in a poll v Judd.

At their best, Judd clearly has the better of Goodes. As great as Goodes has been, he was never anywhere near as consistent as Judd.

What do you mean by "at their best"? Are you saying that Judd's best game is better than Goodes' best game? Or talking about the peak of their careers?

As for consistency... are you talking game to game, season to season or both?

What do you mean by "at their best"? Are you saying that Judd's best game is better than Goodes' best game? Or talking about the peak of their careers?

As for consistency... are you talking game to game, season to season or both?

Game to game, season to season. What's the difference?

Whether it be at their peak of their careers or judging whose best is better, I think Judd has it clearly over Goodes. And whilst you may say I am bias, I am mainly referring to the Chris Judd that tore apart opponents at WCE. Even when he moved to us, he still was so consistently good that he singlehandedly lifted us back to the finals.

I am not saying Goodes doesn't deserve to be compared to Judd, I just think Judd has him covered. I think in terms of the best, he would be in the next rung below guys like Ablett, Hird, Buckley, Judd, Voss.

Just my opinion.

Both awesome players.
I don't buy into the Judd hate that seems to get about, not a huge fan of the eye gouging, head splitting or chicken wing stuff but damn he was still an awesome player when in his prime (still a good player but not as good as years previous).

But I voted Goodes.
Phenomenal player in any number of positions and more often than not dominated whether it was in the ruck, playing midfield or as a key forward. Well deserving of his 2 Brownlows and much more versatile than Judd... in my opinion of course.

Your mate is a liar.. met goodes many times... massive top bloke!!
Right because the way a sportsmen acts around fans is always going to be a true indication of their true self.....

This thread is ridiculous. You only have to listen to what the greats of the game say about Judd. They all rate him as one of the best in the modern era, in front of Hird, Buckley, Voss and Goodes and it's only BigFooty's hatred of Judd, the Eagles and the Blues that allows this to be close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right because the way a sportsmen acts around fans is always going to be a true indication of their true self.....

This thread is ridiculous. You only have to listen to what the greats of the game say about Judd. They all rate him as one of the best in the modern era, in front of Hird, Buckley, Voss and Goodes and it's only BigFooty's hatred of Judd, the Eagles and the Blues that allows this to be close.

Theres a lot of anti judd crap from idiots as you say. But wether you go judd or goodes i dont think it is far fetched this poll would be close, thats silly

Judd pretty easily. Judd was a star from day one and has played at an extraordinarily long time at an elite level. Doesn't have down seasons. Goodes , a champ, has had many more down years where he wasn't considered a top 10 player in a season. Judd best is also better

ermmm no it isnt.. Both are greats of the games.. your making it sound like Goodes in not even in the same league as Judd.. Both have similar accolades, and it really would be damn hard to choose one if they lined against each other..

WC vintage Judd
Goodes
Carlton Vintage Judd

Over the course of both careers, hard one to call - Maybe just lean towards Goodes due to his versatility to play in different roles. You'd be happy with either in your team though.

WC vintage Judd
Goodes
Carlton Vintage Judd

Over the course of both careers, hard one to call - Maybe just lean towards Goodes due to his versatility to play in different roles. You'd be happy with either in your team though.

This.
Good poll OP, my first instinct was Juddy by a country mile, but the more I think about it the more I lean towards Goodes. Judd at WC was a freak like no other, and he still brings it week in week out at Carlton. But the thing about goodes is you fear him. He is the ultimate utility, excels at many positions, and he is one of those players that just makes you love watching footy. And 2006 Goodes was such a dominant force you would be hard pressed to pick anyone over him. So Goodes for me

Judd (Carlton fan) has done more for Carlton than anyone outside of the Blues can understand. Without him we would be in the same hole as Melbourne, almost single handed turned us around on the field and is a great example for the young kids at Carlton.

Back