Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkinspired

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There seems like quite a bit of discussion in the game day thread on this topic.

Quite simply Adam Goodes is a dirty player. He trips and he dives, but is afforded an out by his standing in the game, as well as his efforts in reversing trends in racism. I commend him for the former but Australian of the Year just screamed of politics.

I don't know Adam Goodes and If I ever had the chance to meet him I would shake his hand and show him the respect he deserves.

When it comes to the football field I would boo him just the same as I would boo the sniper Matthew Lloyd.

Any media clowns or BF armchair experts that think this is about racism are clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. We have some of the best indigenous players like Rioli and Burgoyne and LOVE THEM.

If you speak to anyone that's indigenous and has an opinion on racism their ideal solution is not to be discussed as different. They don't want to be talked about or celebrated as indigenous. They want to be accepted just the same as anyone else.

This has nothing to do with racism and I'm offended to be associated with these accusations.

There seems like quite a bit of discussion in the game day thread on this topic.

Quite simply Adam Goodes is a dirty player. He trips and he dives, but is afforded an out by his standing in the game, as well as his efforts in reversing trends in racism. I commend him for the former but Australian of the Year just screamed of politics.

I don't know Adam Goodes and If I ever had the chance to meet him I would shake his hand and show him the respect he deserves.

When it comes to the football field I would boo him just the same as I would boo the sniper Matthew Lloyd.

Any media clowns or BF armchair experts that think this is about racism are clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. We have some of the best indigenous players like Rioli and Burgoyne and LOVE THEM.

If you speak to anyone that's indigenous and has an opinion on racism their ideal solution is not to be discussed as different. They don't want to be talked about or celebrated as indigenous. They want to be accepted just the same as anyone else.

This has nothing to do with racism and I'm offended to be associated with these accusations.

Goodes has just shat the Big Footy AWOTY award in for 2015....No contest....Should balance out his AOTY award just nicely.:cool:

Robbo just called us racist. I take offence at that.

So am I. Robbo is a f..khead, exactly the same low life scum as Goodes!

This racist s**t is absolute f..ken s**t.

So am I a racist when an umpire stuffs up and we all vent a little, does that make me a racist?

And dickhead Goodes just on 360 whinging again about Hawthorn supporters. And he wonders why we dont like him. Get a brain u piece of s**t!

My mate Andy and I were at the Round 22 game in Sydney in 2013

Buddy Franklin (remember him?) went high with a forearm on some Sydney no name.
He was then booed unmercifully for the last half of the game

Damn racist Sydney supporters.

It annoys me how the media all jump out and scream racism. Yet when we boo Selwood or Bartel they get it.

Many Hawthorn supporters would say Cyril Rioli and Shaun Burgoyne are their favourite players. Before that it was Buddy. I doubt that would be the case if we were all racist.

Maybe Robbo's the racist one for thinking the booing of Goodes is about the colour of his skin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without reflecting on any individuals reason for booing Goodes I don't recall it happening before he called out racism and was made Austtralian of the year. I ask those who say we love Cyril Silk Brad and Jed to ask themselves what those guysmake of it. I agree with Jordan Lewis who said on AFl 360 tonight that it reflects badly on the club and needs to stop.

Without reflecting on any individuals reason for booing Goodes I don't recall it happening before he called out racism and was made Austtralian of the year. I ask those who say we love Cyril Silk Brad and Jed to ask themselves what those guysmake of it. I agree with Jordan Lewis who said on AFl 360 tonight that it reflects badly on the club and needs to stop.

Please. Why dont we just not turn up. If we cant support and be passionate, then whats the f..ken point? It's politics gone mad.

So next time Port boo silk and North boo Gib and Adelaide boo Gunston and Melbourne boo Chip, I'm gonna be the first to call them all racists.

Please. Why dont we just not turn up. If we cant support and be passionate, then whats the f..ken point? It's politics gone mad.

So next time Port boo silk and North boo Gib and Adelaide boo Gunston and Melbourne boo Chip, I'm gonna be the first to call them all racists.

AiNT IT FUNNY HOW NO ONE HAS MENTIONED, THAT IT JUST MIGHT HAVE SUMFIN TO DO WITH THE DIFFERENT COLOR JUMPERS???....Just sayin.

100% correct. This media backlash at Hawthorn supporters, calling ALL of us racists for booing Goods is a load of crap. I boo him because the Gibbo and Goo incidents a few years back, the high hip on Selwood last year (that was a 'potential to cause injury') and the diving last year. He has always been a talented football player no doubt, just lazy and thuggish sometimes.

I heard that. He says there is 'no doubt' that it's racist.
It doesn't even make sense! If we boo Goodes due to him being black, why are Cyril, Hill, Burgoyne etc. so loved by Hawks fans? Why aren't guys like Betts, S Hill, Nic Nat etc booed by Hawks fans?

I never do it, but IMO he is booed largely because of the Gibbo incident as well as the number of other dirty incidents in which he has escaped the wrath of the MRP. He is a protected species & receives far more latitude than most players. It's a little sickening & hawks supporters acknowledge it. It's not a racial thing, it's a Goodes thing!

It doesn't even make sense! If we boo Goodes due to him being black, why are Cyril, Hill, Burgoyne etc. so loved by Hawks fans? Why aren't guys like Betts, S Hill, Nic Nat etc booed by Hawks fans?

It's Robbo. He has the brain the size of a pea. It was actually quite hilarious hearing Brendan Goddard consistently hit him between the eyes with great points to hear him disagree with no founding or reason.

If we were racist we'd boo Cyril, Brad Hill etc.
It's an intellectually weak accusation and I am pleased to see increasingly that our society is rejecting this politically correct default position.
This also means you, moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back