Play Nice Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there you have the mentality of the mob.

Most Australians supported the White Australia policy - didn't make it a good policy or an intelligent policy. Just proved that a majority of Australians are racist.
What's it like up there on that almighty high horse?

The bloke gets booed cos he is an out and out flog. Nothing to do with his color. Is there moral outrage when Johnson, Judd, Riewoldt etc.. get booed?

People in this country aren't as much as racist as they feel a need to be outraged by something. Goodes is a complete tosser and gets booed for that. Nothing he does is spontaneous, it all has a hidden agenda.

Imagine if all other aboriginal players strutted around with the arrogance of Goodes and did the things he did, the football public would he learning to detest aboriginals rather than embrace them.

Im not sure you are aware that you are racist, but this is probably the worst post on this topic.

You are effectively saying in order to be accepted indigenous people should act in a matter that you deem acceptable.

No..Sydney fans are the most educated fans in the nation. We are equal opportunity booists.

We boo Lindsay Thomas coz he deliberately slid in and snapped both leg bones of the game's most promising ginger.
So you know Thomas intention?

Great - Goodes intention was to deliberately embarrass every Swans supporter in Australia - including the gingers.

Australia is a racist country - fact. The booing of Adam Goodes is a manifestation of the casual racism & tall-poppy syndrome (that is another matter in itself) in Australia. I have no doubt that you casual racists boo him because you think he is a tosser, what concerns me is why you think he is a tosser...

Indigenous man takes pride in his heritage and does a traditional war-cry tribute and a concerning amount of people scream "flog". People, try and dress that up any way other for me...

very insightful post. well done

I don't think people realise this

I don't mind Goodes off field, on-field I'm not a huge fan.

The reason he gets boos is because he stages for free kicks. The crowd like to identify a bad guy. It's like theatre.

A very small minority would boo him for cultural reasons. These morons are in a minority.

Having said all that, I don't know why Goodes is lying about his reasons for doing that dance.
It didn't offend me, I liked it, but I'd respect him more if he didn't blatantly lie.

Goodes is no angel. At the round 23 game v Richmond last year, Goodes staged for a free kick and took a dive. He got the free and was booed by the RFC faithful from behind the goals whenever he went near the ball. At one stage he turned and gave the crowd the finger. I was surprised that this was not mentioned in 1 media outlet at the time. Perhaps because it was in Sydney.
It's worth noting that Goodes did not receive boos from the crowd prior to the staging/diving incident.

Concur 100%...that game made me realise Adam needs umpy tricks to compensate for diminished capacity...hence he is a flog. So if I'm at the footy, I might/might not boo him...depends if he is having a good day...he once was a pretty good footballer...this might put him off.

I liked his war dance tho...nice moves!! More of them and I might not boo him...he can become an entertainer!

Very done with Ch7's moral police...why would Hawk supporters boo Adam on racial grounds given Cyril and Buddy were/are there? The Blues have Walker etc...

I'm going to assume he gets booed because he has become a diving/staging flog.

very insightful post. well done

I don't think people realise this
They scream flog because he has a cry about being booed last week then this week specifically targets crowd members who booed him earlier in the game. It wouldn't matter if he was white, black, hispanic etc he would still be considered a flog.

Im not sure you are aware that you are racist, but this is probably the worst post on this topic.

You are effectively saying in order to be accepted indigenous people should act in a matter that you deem acceptable.

Lol. How dare he/she only accept people who act acceptably?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So indigenous people can go around doing whatever they want?

Indigenous Players I love to watch play - Rioli, Yarran, Hill, Walters, Betts, Bennell, wingard, frankin, Matera, Motlop. add those to players of yonder such as Long, McLeod, Winmar who you could only applaud.

Then there's Goodes, who has been a dirty player and carries on like a pork chop staging for frees and banging on like every game is a political statement about how great Goodes is.

Nothing to do with race. Everything to do with identifying a flog in my view.

In my view, the problem isn't that he did the dance in the first place. Firstly, it was a super insignificant junk time goal against the worst team in the league. Comparing it to a goal by Tim Cahill (in a sort where goals are rare and exuberant celebrations are the norm) ignores this. Any sort of exuberant celebration in these circumstances would be considered floggish.

Another thing is that he did it to the Carlton cheer squad, as if he was trying to taunt them. Rubbing salt into their wounds during a bad loss. Nobody mind when say GI or Sandow does the goanna after a try. I don't know the ins and outs of these dances, just like I don't know the ins and outs of the Haka, but from what it looks like, the Carlton fans could have easily associated it with a threatening war dance. I think I can reasonably expect that Goodes knew that when he did this. But then again, I must be stupid, because before mid 2013 I thought the word 'ape' was used to make fun of somebody unintelligent, not somebody Aboriginal.

Indigenous Players I love to watch play - Rioli, Yarran, Hill, Walters, Betts, Bennell, wingard, frankin, Matera, Motlop. add those to players of yonder such as Long, McLeod, Winmar who you could only applaud.

Then there's Goodes, who has been a dirty player and carries on like a pork chop staging for frees and banging on like every game is a political statement about how great Goodes is.

Nothing to do with race. Everything to do with identifying a flog in my view.
McLeod was a sheer joy to watch in the field, same with betts and wells if he ever gets in the park, they just glide on the field.

* me.......really?

I only accept white people who act acceptably, not sure why I shouldn't apply the same rules to aboriginals.

I think you'll find that the white players that go around diving, ducking, staging, sniping or just generally acting like a flog tend to cop a heap of abuse too.

I only accept white people who act acceptably, not sure why I shouldn't apply the same rules to aboriginals.

I think you'll find that the white players that go around diving, ducking, staging, sniping or just generally acting like a flog tend to cop a heap of abuse too.
Giving somebody a free pass because of their race is racist in itself.

So indigenous people can go around doing whatever they want?

I think thats the message. If you have skin other than white, you can behave like a holier than thou messiah, staging for frees consistently, whinging to umpires, being an AFL pet with favouritism never seen before, and purposefully making regressive statements about the current state of your country for your political ambition.

All a-ok with society. Because... lets avoid any criticism of a player based on his skin colour...?

To say that was deliberate is a disgrace. Lindsay actually slid, picked up the ball and ran off in the one movement. Yes, it resulted in unfortunately breaking Rohan's leg and a rule change by the league but to suggest the action was deliberate is extremely offensive. Pull your head in.
What's it like up there on that almighty high horse?

The bloke gets booed cos he is an out and out flog. Nothing to do with his color. Is there moral outrage when Johnson, Judd, Riewoldt etc.. get booed?

People in this country aren't as much as racist as they feel a need to be outraged by something. Goodes is a complete tosser and gets booed for that. Nothing he does is spontaneous, it all has a hidden agenda.
Try speaking up as an aboriginal and you will very quickly discover Australia's racism.

I give Jimmy Bartel hell for his superman dive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back