Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

I just love him too, he is my favourite along side Paul Kelly both are able to lift teams to new heights. Sadly for Kelly he did not win a premiership medal but I still hold him in high regard. Adam Goodes for best Sydney Swans player ever IMO, apologies go to Skilton, I was not old enough to see him play. So I will say Adam is the best I have seen play. Absolute Legend and if he does not make the top ten players in the last twenty years, as said before, then they do not know football.

Skilts could play, that's for sure. Let's just put Goodes & Skilts on the same level.

Career - Goodes >>>>>>>>>>>> Buddy Boy.

I've only been into AFL for a year, but when watching the replay of the Swans at Geelong, 2011....Adam Goodes became my 3rd favorite player in the comp...behind Hawkins and Enright. Mine is an uneducated eye, but I could tell there was something special about that guy. I only wish I could've seen him in his early/mid 20s. Much respect given to the Swans for that game....and continued on into this season. If not Geelong, gimme' Sydney. Was glad to see them win it all.

I've only been into AFL for a year, but when watching the replay of the Swans at Geelong, 2011....Adam Goodes became my 3rd favorite player in the comp...behind Hawkins and Enright. Mine is an uneducated eye, but I could tell there was something special about that guy. I only wish I could've seen him in his early/mid 20s. Much respect given to the Swans for that game....and continued on into this season. If not Geelong, gimme' Sydney. Was glad to see them win it all.

Aye there was some good times there. When it's is all said and done, and he will have one hell of an awesome highlight reel.

A few tastes:

Playing Legend of the game!
Full Stop.
Disagree if you must but his resume just had the 'Legend' stamp placed on it after his GF efforts on Saturday.

I used to go to Geelong games just to see Gary Ablett snr play, North games to watch Carey. Can't say there has been anyone else since Carey that made me want to go to a non Swans game but if I wasn't a Swans supporter, you can bet your bottom dollar that Goodesy would be a player I would pay to watch as a neutral supporter.

Dual Premiership player.
Dual Brownlow Medalist.

Interesting to note that draft video that features Goodes' name being called also features Stephen Wells nominating one M. Scarlett a few picks later. Handy couple of players in hindsight.

Interesting to note that draft video that features Goodes' name being called also features Stephen Wells nominating one M. Scarlett a few picks later. Handy couple of players in hindsight.
Father son pick

Goodes is my all-time favourite player

He's pretty close to my favourite player too, even though he isn't from my club. Total legend.

Swan is a bloke who just destroys teams, never ever whinges, just gets the job done. Straight faced.
Yeah, but Goodes doesn't beat people half to death on city streets...

Goodes is more hateable from a neutral point of view.
Speak for yourself, I'm neutral and I think he's great.

Yeah, that was a big one. From memory he also caught another player a couple of seconds later (or was it before).

He dropped Franklin then pretty sure it was Mitchell straight after. The best bit was Franklin was still getting to his feet as Goodes was hitting Mitchell. He was like a pinball.

He could barely move, but was still knocking guys over like he was a pinball machine.

Some of the draft bargains clubs received in the late 90s/early 00s are a laugh.

Best I've seen at the Swans. Never been given his proper due in the game, being based in Sydney.

The thing about Goodes - kick the ball to him - he's probably going to get it. How many others like that? Ablett Snr and Jnr, Carey, Franklin.

True greatness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to join the love fest...

His vision and kicking skills are laser-like. He can slice an opposition team open with 6 disposals. Exhibit A his kick to Kieran Jack in GF. Does it all the time.

Very tough season for him.
Played through a few well documented PCL problems leading into the centre bounce ruck rule changes many moons ago, and if they;re starting to return its not a good sign. Had such a great long run with injuries but that early-mid season injury out of the blue ruined the whole season for him. Wasnt reading the play and seemed to get bogged down instead of ball hunting the rest of 2012. Luvved his GF...vital touches and impact.
Hopeful he has a good recovery off season and can start season ok. Not used to seeing him injured, especially twice in a season. Guys like this you think will just play forever.

I love how even when injured he still managed to become a headache for the Hawthorns defense. Originally I thought he was decent, not great, but after having watched the replay, he did a whole bunch of 1% which changed the course of the game.

905725-adam-goodes.jpg

PAIN IS TEMPORARY

087611-lance-franklin.jpg

FAILURE LASTS A LIFETIME

067622-120929-adam-goodes.jpg

Very tough season for him.
Played through a few well documented PCL problems leading into the centre bounce ruck rule changes many moons ago, and if they;re starting to return its not a good sign. Had such a great long run with injuries but that early-mid season injury out of the blue ruined the whole season for him. Wasnt reading the play and seemed to get bogged down instead of ball hunting the rest of 2012. Luvved his GF...vital touches and impact.
Hopeful he has a good recovery off season and can start season ok. Not used to seeing him injured, especially twice in a season. Guys like this you think will just play forever.
Would be nice to watch for just another 5 seasons! :)

I love how even when injured he still managed to become a headache for the Hawthorns defense. Originally I thought he was decent, not great, but after having watched the replay, he did a whole bunch of 1% which changed the course of the game.
Exactly as I saw it. He did so many of those influential 1%ers that I thought he was pretty close to getting the Norm Smith - even though his stats looked pretty modest. That, and pretty much every disposal he had did something useful. Underrated performance, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back