Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems only fair that he gets an extension. What he has done with this team has been giving me extensions all season.

I would be offering more than two years. Give him five, so he knows what time frame he has to work with.

Last edited:

Every time i see Simpson speak (such as the footy show tonight) I see him more as West Coast through and through. Of course he will always have ties to North Melbourne, but if he gets the job done on Saturday he will be immortalised in Blue and Gold forever

Can't believe how much I love Simmo already! Such massive shoes to fill and a list which many people thought needed a rebuild, but he has taken it on beautifully, smoothly, humbly and successfully. Screw North and Hawthorn..he's an Eagle now and we LOVE him. Expect nothing less from someone who's name is Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hackdorn reporting Simmo getting a 3 yr extension possibly through 2019.
This is good news although I suspect it would more likely be a new 3 year deal - so finishing in 2018

Every time i see Simpson speak (such as the footy show tonight) I see him more as West Coast through and through. Of course he will always have ties to North Melbourne, but if he gets the job done on Saturday he will be immortalised in Blue and Gold forever
Very professional he is, also get the feeling he is well supported within the club so he feels at home

I would be reluctant to extend his contract at this point in time preferring to wait until mid / late next season to see how the team is performing. It's not like there is another offer on the table.

Other teams have started to work through the "web" and I for one would like to see what other strategies our coaching group have up their collective sleeves.

I would be reluctant to extend his contract at this point in time preferring to wait until mid / late next season to see how the team is performing. It's not like there is another offer on the table.

Other teams have started to work through the "web" and I for one would like to see what other strategies our coaching group have up their collective sleeves.

His contract is up next year...He might think they have lost faith in him if they wait till mid season.

His contract is up next year...He might think they have lost faith in him if they wait till mid season.

I just don't think we should rush into committing until the end of 2019. I would want to see what else he has got and how he manages the players' collective mindset after a pretty disappointing GF. I'm sure he would understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back