Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
pulp-fiction-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

Mention coffee again

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Just going off topic a little here but with Simpson (WCE Coach), his game plan and the team I have a little theory bout the early to mid season game fade outs.

Could it be that the Simmo game plan is actually quite solid and the reason we absolutely crushed the weaker teams who had no fight back in them.
Then we play a better team and get on top but they do have some fight in them and they hit back, our players get a little worried, drop their concentration and revert back to the old game plan that has been drummed into them over the past years but which no longer holds up.
The new guy's like Yeo and Bennel try to stick with the new plan but the old schoolers revert back to Woosh era and suddenly chaos prevails and we look terrible.

Fast forward to the latter part of the year when the new game plan is a little more drummed in and suddenly we start playing better for longer and beat a few teams around us. Richmond and Don's were really painful to watch but overall the second half of the year was better than the first.

Given another pre-season under Simmo and his ideas and game plan I think we will win those extra 3-4 games to make the 8.

Matera LeNui

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Just going off topic a little here but with Simpson (WCE Coach), his game plan and the team I have a little theory bout the early to mid season game fade outs.

Could it be that the Simmo game plan is actually quite solid and the reason we absolutely crushed the weaker teams who had no fight back in them.
Then we play a better team and get on top but they do have some fight in them and they hit back, our players get a little worried, drop their concentration and revert back to the old game plan that has been drummed into them over the past years but which no longer holds up.
The new guy's like Yeo and Bennel try to stick with the new plan but the old schoolers revert back to Woosh era and suddenly chaos prevails and we look terrible.

Fast forward to the latter part of the year when the new game plan is a little more drummed in and suddenly we start playing better for longer and beat a few teams around us. Richmond and Don's were really painful to watch but overall the second half of the year was better than the first.

Given another pre-season under Simmo and his ideas and game plan I think we will win those extra 3-4 games to make the 8.
I think the pressure from the top teams combined with there superior skills definitely makes us panic. There has been definite patterns in games we've lost, we seem to take it on and create off half back then a bit of pressure comes and we go into bomb it long time. We have players like Hurn/Mackenzie/LeCras etc who it doesn't seem to phase. A few more should enter that ultra composed zone next season. Mckenna always looked like he was going for a sunday stroll in the heat of battle.

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I just got 55% of my new Delonghi Prima Donna Automatic Coffee machine from Myer reduced from
$3000 odd to $1375.00
Where should I get coffee beans from ?
Was told best place in Perth is Caffamiso in West Perth for coffee beans ?
Anyone know ?

Jun 14, 2012
#returnofthewings
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
I just got 55% of my new Delonghi Prima Donna Automatic Coffee machine from Myer reduced from
$3000 odd to $1375.00
Anyone know ?
try the team store :)

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
$3000 odd to $1375.00
Anyone know ?
Go to Antz in Ya Pantz

Play by Numbers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
All up in Jock's icecream
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, the coffee culture in Australia ... certainly compared to ummm ....

Mate we are involved in expanding another multinational into Asia and I was previously involved in expanding Dome into SE Asia. If you reckon that Starbucks fell over because of Australia's unique coffee culture you're struggling ... if anyone is running with that (as a core reason) in a uni course, well .. actually that doesn't surprise me given the low standard of most Aussie university business courses ...

But, you're kidding yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firstly yes, Australia, but Melbourne in particular is renowned internationally for a strong coffee culture.

As for Starbucks failure, especially here in Melbourne, local competition with a prefference for boutique or small brand coffee has been cited for it's failure to gain market share

Back