Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know Bout ndot but i thought simpson had a decent game. Could have kicked a few more goals bit 20 possies with an efficiency of 80 percent is ok.

Switching Wellingham and Yeo has been a masterstroke for both players.

I like what he is doing to our midfield, a definite plan there.

However the shining light is the defence. Undermanned but the boys have been epic back there.

He has talked from day 1 about basic fundamentals - clean ground balls, hitting targets. Footy aint complicated most of the time

Good On Him

Struggled to keep a few smiles at bay in the interview.

Some of the play in that first half, taking the game on, taking risks, playing through the guts at any opportunity was breathtaking.

Brings some great Hawthorn play / structure to our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally our midfield is growing some effin' balls! And the way we played defensively was brilliant. There were parts of the game that felt like the ball was never going to leave Port's forward 50, but our defensive pressure was to overwhelming for them to really capitalise on that, which is very exciting seeing as our 2 main defenders are out for the season:)

Switching Wellingham and Yeo has been a masterstroke for both players.

Couldn't agree more, has been a sensational change of position. Sharrod adds some mongrel and pace to the back-line.

Yeo. Well he is just an erection giver.

Loved this from Simpson

Simpson said he was pleased with Sharrod Wellingham (22 possessions, 11 marks, five rebound-50s), who's relishing a new role across half-back.

"He's really stepped up," Simpson said.

"He's got his last year of his contract, so he's playing with a bit more desperation than I noticed last year.

"He might be on the one-yearer's (sic) from now on."

We really have some fantastic users of the pill in our backline now. Hurn, Gov, Wellers & Shep all provide some quality disposal by foot, setting up many an offensive thrust.

Albeit the latter two are prone to the occasional minger kick.

But broadly speaking, great users. Will get even better when Ellis returns.

EDIT: I forgot about Butler. Another great user of the footy!

Last edited:
Simpson really is getting the best out of Shep, Wellingham, Cripps & Hill.

Also i think Hurn as captain as been brilliant as he his held that backline so well with all the injuries we have had down there.
Don't underestimate the leadership contribution of Butler down back also.

Genuinely stoked to see Simmo doing well.

Simmo has been immense for our club ... how he has galvinised the defence is right spot on, with Shep, Wellingham and Butler playing great back there, especially Shep - he is becoming quite the player.
Their is belief in the team, and a willingness to leave nothing behind.
Full kudos to Simmo.

Last weekend was a massive tick at Simpsons tactical ability.
This week I feel will be a test of his motivational ability.

GC are a rabble and we should dispose of them by about 10 goals given how we fair against bottom sides.
But with such a big win and riding high from last week, he really needs to get the boys focused and switched on, not becoming complacent - yes a lot of this stems from the players, but in my view it's also a big part of coaching.

Let's hope there is no lapse in our performance and we are switched on from the get go tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back