Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I have heard a coach talk about their club loyalty - and this includes those who have coached multiple clubs, they all (almost all) say the club they have the most affiliation with is the one they played for.

That is because footy clubs are about the relationships you have with your teammates. Coaching, particular head coaching is quite isolated as although you build a bond with the players, they stay outside the circle as eventually they will have to be moved on

For mine - we have a stack load of cash which we rarely use to our onfield benefit. Why not sign him up in advance, we only risk cash
Bomber Thomson has a stronger affiliation to Geelong by his own admission . Open Mike on fox footy

West Coast Eagles
@WestCoastEagles

"We've been really serious about the fundamentals. Disposal efficiency and decision making are always important." -AS

This is what I have been loving. Clean one touch takes below the knees and decent disposal to advantage

Footy is so over complicated

/Priddis thread
Id love us to win a premiership with priddis in the mids, just for that thread. :p

And also, more importantly, to see us back where we belong, as premiers. ;)

Happy with simmo. I think it was Adam white who mentioned a week or two ago after our Richmond game that all our players mention how much they are learning off simmo- not just one, but all of them.

I think we all expect major challenges to come this year, but I think he's got the buy in from the squad- and we are playing with confidence in the game plan because all believe in it being the best way forward.

Very impressive press conference from him today. He's scarily composed all the time...interesting for the 2nd half of the year if the selection style remains the same with finals on the horizon

There's been a toughening up of Simpson's language lately. Things like:

"Earn your keep or you're out" and "players have to remember they work for the club".

Very noticeable! He doesn't sugar coat it

Seemed grumpy last night in his presser though which is unusual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it funny how quickly the media swings from one extreme to the other.

Our squad is very similar to what it was in 2013-14 but the AFL website is now suddenly saying that West Coast's midfield is "deeper and of higher quality than most of its opponents."

There's been a toughening up of Simpson's language lately. Things like:

"Earn your keep or you're out" and "players have to remember they work for the club".

Love it... exactly right too. Some players think the club works for them!

Love it... exactly right too. Some players think the club works for them!

Hate to be the old man (not that old:D) that has a go at the younger generation, but it seems like so many of the "kids these days" see having a job as a right, and footy is just that, a job, and too many of them think it's their right to play or be on a list. Do your job, or get out!!

I find it funny how quickly the media swings from one extreme to the other.

Our squad is very similar to what it was in 2013-14 but the AFL website is now suddenly saying that West Coast's midfield is "deeper and of higher quality than most of its opponents."
To be fair we have 3 midfielders than we had in 13/14

Yeo, Duggan and Sheed who wasnt AFL in 13/14.

Thats 3 additional mids that have come in for the loss of an ageing Kerr in 13 and no one in 14.

I've been thinking are we just back to the form we showed in 11/12? Most of the squad is the same. Only Kerr, Cox, Embley and Glass are the main changes. Back at the start of 2013 media were saying our midfield was ok. Its not like the form we are in now should be a great surprise.

Yeah just watched it then. Nothing really groundbreaking.

Talked briefly about the web. Said he cant wait for them to do Collingwood and Hawks next.

Defensive structures with the Gov. Said Dawes was tagging him on the weekend, first time in a while he has seen a chb get run with. Asked where he wants to play Gov when Emac n Brown come back. Said Gov keeps telling him he plays best forward / ruck.

Forward line. 6 guys kicked 4 or more goals in a game so far this year. Said he inherited a good forward line, its the supply they have been working on.

2nd on ladder. Dare he dream what can be? No, just want to improve on last year and make finals. 2nd half of year is tough block of games.

Yeo. When recruiting him did he realise how good he could be. Simmo said when he got job he didnt present on list and deliberately did not have input into list as the recruiters in club knew what we needed.

Travel and how much it affects us. Simmo played it down a bit, said it takes some getting used to but players handle it well. Different training schedule sometimes. Think we have right balance now, changed training balance since he has taken over.

Naitanui. Showed centre bounce from weekend where he has 5 tackles / pressure acts in 20 seconds. Simmo said he is amazing then pot shots Dunstall and Browny saying to Gerrard that a few people sitting next to you right now questioned him early in the year but you are seeing now a full preseason gives you chance to have a good look at it. Hightlight of the interview. Browny replied who are you talking about I said you were gone because you had no key defenders. Everyone had a laugh and wound up the interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back