Status
Not open for further replies.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has wanted to come home for quite some time and will nominate Richmond as his preferred club. St.Kilda were in the mix originally also. I was informed of this by a recruiting manager at another club who is aware of this so it has merit

As he is not a free agent Richmond will likely have to give up a first rounder or 2nd rounder and a player.

Would get games at Richmond in my opinion, good swing man but i think a third tall forward option would b best suited. Really settle the forward line of Jack, Tyrone and Tomlinson for the next 5 years

Has wanted to come home for quite some time and will nominate Richmond as his preferred club. St.Kilda were in the mix originally also. I was informed of this by a recruiting manager at another club who is aware of this so it has merit

As he is not a free agent Richmond will likely have to give up a first rounder or 2nd rounder and a player.

Would get games at Richmond in my opinion, good swing man but i think a third tall forward option would b best suited. Really settle the forward line of Jack, Tyrone and Tomlinson for the next 5 years

Absolute rubbish. Not only has he said he wants to stay he's said he'll "take whatever they offer me" in the way of a new contract. No beating around the bush, no I'll look at what they offer and make a decision in the fullness of time. No, it was "I want to stay and I'll take whatever they offer me"

Not going anywhere.

Really? Wants to go "home"? Who says? Links?

Absolute rubbish. Not only has he said he wants to stay he's said he'll "take whatever they offer me" in the way of a new contract. No beating around the bush, no I'll look at what they offer and make a decision in the fullness of time. No, it was "I want to stay and I'll take whatever they offer me"

Not going anywhere.

not saying this is specific for this case, but as a general rule players lie on this issue

as you saw with some recent cases, fudging the "are you looking to move" question just increases the heat on you. Much easier to lie, because few give a rats once you do move.

We saw it with Otto. Still am pissed he was telling 6 year old kids he's going nowhere, and just a few weeks later he was gone. Classy, maybe not, but I get why he would lie.

FWIW its an issue we all have to deal with, next year will be an ugly one for us

Sooo. Players lie but brothers sisters cousins former roommates are a viable news source?

I went to school with Adam, he was a few years below me and i said a maximum of 6 words to him in my life. Im clearly a reliable source and i know we have agreed to a 4th rounder for him. Fair deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He cna love the club all he wants but when he is behind Cameron, Patton and Boyd for his desired position of key forward, he will go looking

not saying this is specific for this case, but as a general rule players lie on this issue

Yeah but he didn't have to did he? He could have just said "I like it here" and left it at that. He didn't. He could have said "I'll see what they offer me and go from there". He didn't. He could have said "I hope to be able to stay". He didn't.

It was a flat out unequivocal and forthright declaration of "I love it here and I'll take whatever they offer me"

But I suppose your cousin's next door neighbour's aunty's hairdresser's best friend's brother in law knows more:rolleyes:

Sooo. Players lie but brothers sisters cousins former roommates are a viable news source?

Lol never said that

In trade talk there is a tonne of bs, anyone who takes any of it as gospel is kidding themselves

Lol never said that

In trade talk there is a tonne of bs, anyone who takes any of it as gospel is kidding themselves

Yeah but he didn't have to did he? He could have just said "I like it here" and left it at that. He didn't. He could have said "I'll see what they offer me and go from there". He didn't. He could have said "I hope to be able to stay". He didn't.

It was a flat out unequivocal and forthright declaration of "I love it here and I'll take whatever they offer me"

But I suppose your cousin's next door neighbour's aunty's hairdresser's best friend's brother in law knows more:rolleyes:

Just saying, I've heard it before and sometimes it's true, sometimes it's true for today, and sometimes it's bs

I take anything a club, player or manager say this time of year with a massive grain of salt

Remember the things scully said about the dees prior to his exit

Last edited:
Maybe GWS are all for it. They know they are stocked for talls and they may be happy with pick 7-8 in return and go after another kid they really like. If GWS don't lose out on the deal they could be happy for him to leave for all we know.

GWS just have to accept they are going to lose a star to two.
Clubs won't be stupid though.
I hope we keep pick 7-8. You never know...that pick could be the next Selwood.
I'd be against us trading our FRP until we are settled in the top four...so that won't be for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back