Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

That would certainly get the deal done but not sure how keen Carlisle is to get out of melbourne
im not even sure he will leave essendon to be honest. We will offer him a decent pay packet.
i would love the deal though. Treloar is an absolute star

Treloar, Heppell, Merrett, Laverde, Colyer, Zaka chopping out Goddard and Watson in their twilight. I can handle watching that.

Really? Since your in the know, i don't suppose you have what the pies are giving us in return
Not that in the know :) my guess would be 1st & 2nd round picks but might have to trade elsewhere to satisfy you guys, that is if he returns to Melbourne which IMO I think he i$.

im not even sure he will leave essendon to be honest. We will offer him a decent pay packet.
i would love the deal though. Treloar is an absolute star

Treloar, Heppell, Merrett, Laverde, Colyer, Zaka chopping out Goddard and Watson in their twilight. I can handle watching that.
You can see someone like Treloar wanting to join essendon? Would love to hear their pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the last unsigned GWS player I thought would leave. Collingwood must be throwing Tom Boyd cash at him.

Wants to stay with GWS but they can't match the cash VIC's are offering.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...-long-term-deals/story-fndv8lf1-1227430948775
I posted this just over a month ago after talking to someone who I know has a lot of contacts in the industry and who has had plenty of exceptional mail over the journey:
My mail is that Treloar has had an offer from GWS in front of him for over a year now and that it hadn't changed as of a month or so ago and was way less than you would expect him to be getting even from GWS and a country mile off what some other clubs would surely offer him (such as Collingwood), which may explain why he has been saying things that suggest he wants to stay, but hasn't pulled the trigger and signed yet.

GWS's cap may be tighter than some might think or else they might just be trying to pay everyone that is really good a similar amount and aren't keen to pay them any more than that. If it costs them a Shiel or Treloar they may be OK with that, especially as they know they have someone like Steele in the wings and could get a Hopper this year if they lose a Treloar/Shiel.

Will be interesting viewing.

In all seriousness going on the possibility of the above (an auction) what would be the max you would give up for him
Given that we're looking pretty OK in the guts long term and have more of a stated need for outside speed, run and polish (the ones on your list who would best fit our needs would probably be say Whitfield and Kelly), I'd be offering up our 1st (likely to be in the 5-8 range) and then I'd have to put some serious thought into what more I would add, given that there looks to be some good inside talent looking like being available in that 5-8 range this year if we really wanted to add to that area (eg. Rhys Mathieson, who I love the look of and possibly Josh Dunkley, who may not nominate Sydney, plus maybe Harley Balic, who is a Pendlebury/Heppell type.)

Given our structural needs I wouldn't sell the farm to get Treloar, but I would have a crack, because he is damn good and you know you're getting serious AFL quality. He is also in the right age bracket for us and would instantly make us a finals chance (if our "youth" and team overall continue to develop well over the next 12 months- a midfield of Armitage, Treloar, Steven, Montagna, Dunstan, Acres etc feeding Riewoldt, Bruce, McCartin, Membrey and Billings would be hard to stop) and we will have a pick that will appeal more to GWS than other clubs like Collingwood.

Last edited:
If GWS think he is so good, why is it that they have left him last (with all the Big $$$ gone) to sign him, as I've always maintained, he aint much chop and not worth the $$$ + years been thrown around. Hope he goes to Ninethmond or overhyped-Roos and bleeds them!

If GWS think he is so good, why is it that they have left him last (with all the Big $$$ gone) to sign him, as I've always maintained, he aint much chop and not worth the $$$ + years been thrown around. Hope he goes to Ninethmond or overhyped-Roos and bleeds them!

He is very good - you are underrating this kid. The bubble was always going to burst at GWS and the Suns and good kids were going to be squeezed out.

Treloar is massively overhyped. Very vanilla. Hope someone other than the Saint throws everything at him
He's just 22yo yet is averaging 27.5 disposals (at 74% efficiency, which is very good for someone playing his position), 5 tackles and 4 clearances per game and last year, at just 21yo, he averaged 27.6 disposals for the whole year (12 of them contested), plus 5.6 tackles (more than Armo is averaging this year) and 6 clearances (only 0.7 off what Armo is averaging this year, at just gone 27yo).

Those are elite numbers for someone that age and I expect he will only get better from here. I reckon this year is just a "sigh of relief" type year for him, now that he's finally got the support he has been needing and that he'll come out stronger and better than ever next year and up the ante again and be right in line for AA selection or a club B&F.

I've thought for a while now that he has been just as good as Joel Selwood was at the same early stages of his career and here are their stats comparisons for when they were both 20yo:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=1725&type=A&fid1=A&fopt1=20&fid2=A&fopt2=20
21yo: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=1725&type=A&fid1=A&fopt1=21&fid2=A&fopt2=21
22yo: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=1725&type=A&fid1=A&fopt1=21&fid2=A&fopt2=21

Incredibly similar in each year.

I saw him compared to a Selwood the other day, but it was the wrong one, Scott, not Joel. First there was Luke Ball (prior to his crippling injuries that robbed him of his speed and kicking, when he was winning a club B&F at 21yo in a prelim team), then there was Joel Selwood and now Treloar is the next one who is IMO made of similar stock.

Strong clubs aren't offering him big money and long term deals just for laughs or to fill up their salary caps. He also looks like the type who would bring excellent leadership to the table and be the exact type you'd want playing for you in finals.

Last edited:
I hope he ends up anywhere other than Collingwood !

I think they have done exceptionally well with their trading and drafting in recent years and already have the list to become a power house next year. It would be nice to see some of the talent spread around the competition rather than having the riches and more attractive clubs dominate all trades and feee agency deals.

No chance he is definitely Pies bound
LOL.
Every bloody player is connected with Collingwood.

Every team names a player they're interested in ,one minute later Collingwood come out and want him lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back