Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I would like to think we have done our share of turning over senior players in the past years. We don't have to do anything extra.
We have more then enough cap room, well placed with picks, enough trade currency too so unfortunately your trolling efforts are in vain. The other clubs have to lift their game to get him.
Cheers :)

Call it what you like, I don't give a rat's a... mate.
While Collingwood says that they have their player and Treloar himself says that Collingwood is his preferred destination the fact remains that GWS will not rule anyone out.
They stated that today.
As I said before, I don't give a ..... where he goes but I wouldn't rule out a raid from another club.
It's not like clubs haven't lost out in this situation before.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
So angry. Its ok im sure you guys will move up the ladder soon... ish...

They wont let him go to Carlton, especially for zip in psd. Unless your throwing pick 1 in of course. Even then Treloar has to agree.

Itll be the pies. 2015 and 16 1st rounder with a possible giants 2nd rounder coming back

I hope that the Giants can do a bit better than that out of this one cos I think this guy will be remembered as an all time great by the time he's done.
They can only trade on what he's worth now of course but I don't think that they should just accept whatever is thrown at them for the sake of not letting him go to the PSD.
They shot themselves in the foot though by not offering a bigger contract initially.

While Collingwood says that they have their player and Treloar himself says that Collingwood is his preferred destination the fact remains that GWS will not rule anyone out.
They stated that today.
As I said before, I don't give a ..... where he goes but I wouldn't rule out a raid from another club.
A bit touchy are we ? I think it is cruel to keep feeding hope to the ill informed but don't let reality stand in the way of a good hypothetical story. So yes you're absolutely right. From out of nowhere anytime now will come a club with a superior trade offer and contract and it will totally blow us out of the park. Watch this space. Cause you never know.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
A bit touchy are we ? I think it is cruel to keep feeding hope to the ill informed but don't let reality stand in the way of a good hypothetical story. So yes you're absolutely right. From out of nowhere anytime now will come a club with a superior trade offer and contract and it will totally blow us out of the park. Watch this space. Cause you never know.

Remember the 2007 trade period?
A certain club was in the box seat, remember?
Only last year the Bulldogs had a moment of madness - or was it clarity? Only time will tell on that one but it was a very risky and massive deal.
He will more than likely get to Collingwood but it won't stop others from bargaining behind the scenes.

Remember the 2007 trade period?
A certain club was in the box seat, remember?
Only last year the Bulldogs had a moment of madness - or was it clarity? Only time will tell on that one but it was a very risky and massive deal.
He will more than likely get to Collingwood but it won't stop others from bargaining behind the scenes.
No I don't remember the 2007 period. But that is just me. Can't be bothered to look up what happened. Did it involve GWS , future picks or anything else relevant ?
As I said, a massive hypothetical. Add to that it has been blown out of proportion by the media who were fed false information. Only weeks ago the story was that it was done and dusted months earlier with a few details to be ironed out. As trade weeks looms people get nervous about the lack of information so time to get the tin foil hats on and believe that anything is still possible? Oh because GWS says so as they happen to be still in negotiations with the Pies. Come back next week. If it is still not done, I will happily join you in the fear mongering.

Trojan_Saint

Senior List
Jul 13, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not trolling, just curious... Treloar went for Carlton as a kid, yet desperately wants to be a pie rather than a blue. Blues finished last, but surely they're not in such a terrible state compared to the pies (admittedly much better at this stage) that a youthful passion can be forgotten. Just find it strange that the Pies are that much more of a destination club than the blues...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Not trolling, just curious... Treloar went for Carlton as a kid, yet desperately wants to be a pie rather than a blue. Blues finished last, but surely they're not in such a terrible state compared to the pies (admittedly much better at this stage) that a youthful passion can be forgotten. Just find it strange that the Pies are that much more of a destination club than the blues...
2327503.jpg

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton

Obviously not a real carlton fan

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

It is interesting because Collingwood are very much a rabble aswell, won't come close to the 8 next year.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think the main reason he changed his tune from "I want to stay" to "I'm going" is because of something going on at the club, likely a combination of salary cap pressure meaning they couldn't offer him more than an average deal, and the club's own desire to stock up on enough first round picks to pay for their Academy kids. I reckon GWS were aware they were going to have to lose a big fish at some point in order to make their list management plans work, and I think they decided that player was going to be Treloar.

Just my own little conspiracy theory, not backed up by any inside knowledge or anything.

I'd say you're pretty close to being on the money there. Really surprising that they would lose someone who is as good as him and who genuinely wanted to stay.

I posted the following in this thread back in July, as I was told the offer in front of him was a seriously lowball one and hadn't budged for a year to that point. The article today pretty much backs up what I was told. They very clearly didn't see him as a major priority as far as I'm concerned:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adam-treloar.1100493/page-6#post-39482343

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
They stated that today.
ugh ffs, how many times does it have to be mentioned - Treloar has to agree to go to the club before GWS can even considering vetoing a deal they are unhappy with. You can't outbid a club on a trade when the player in question doesn't want to go to you.

He has been very clear that he wants to go to Collingwood - not Richmond and not Carlton etc. He is clearly chosen us because we had the best offer in terms of money, environment, prospect for future success and how the age profile of our list fits in with his own age. The only club interested Melbourne club who comes close to our offer is Richmond.

Given Carlton's current position, if they were to successfully poach him it would have to be a mega money move. In light of official statements that the days of the quick fix are over I think this would be quite unlikely. And even if it were the case Treloar may stick with the pies anyway. He doesn't really strike me as a mercenary type tbh.

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not specific to this trade, just think for moat players childhood affiliations mean f... all once they actually get into the AFL. The fantasy meets reality, and they actually base their career decisions on the merits they perceive in the club and it's offer. Childhood support being a factor is not impossible but it would be an oddity or a happy coincidence in 99% of cases.

Mick39

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Carlton supporters wouldn't be so bravo if they knew the full picture of how tight their salary cap currently is.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No I don't remember the 2007 period. But that is just me. Can't be bothered to look up what happened. Did it involve GWS , future picks or anything else relevant ?
As I said, a massive hypothetical. Add to that it has been blown out of proportion by the media who were fed false information. Only weeks ago the story was that it was done and dusted months earlier with a few details to be ironed out. As trade weeks looms people get nervous about the lack of information so time to get the tin foil hats on and believe that anything is still possible? Oh because GWS says so as they happen to be still in negotiations with the Pies. Come back next week. If it is still not done, I will happily join you in the fear mongering.
I think he's talking about the Judd trade which wasn't very clever because it's fair to say that Carlton paid way overs for him. Also fair to say that if we had of got Judd and had to pay what Carlton did we probably wouldn't have won the 2010 premiership.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I'd say you're pretty close to being on the money there. Really surprising that they would lose someone who is as good as him and who genuinely wanted to stay.

I posted the following in this thread back in July, as I was told the offer in front of him was a seriously lowball one and hadn't budged for a year to that point. The article today pretty much backs up what I was told. They very clearly didn't see him as a major priority as far as I'm concerned:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adam-treloar.1100493/page-6#post-39482343
Ummm no. Read previous posts.

I think he's talking about the Judd trade which wasn't very clever because it's fair to say that Carlton payed way overs for him. Also fair to say that if we had of got Judd and had to pay what Carlton did we probably wouldn't have won the 2010 premiership.
Oh that. Another one of those "break the bank on the road to success" that really worked out well for clubs lately.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
So he was only going to stay for 2 more years as a 'show of loyalty' and then nick of back to Vic, no wonder they didn't make him a priority.

Ummm no. Read previous posts.

Pretty clear Adam and his manager believe they deserved more than anyone other than Cameron at GWS. Because GWS wouldn't cave and instead planned to retain as many of their stars as possible he's now not a "priority", despite him probably being one of the preferred options to stay. Pretty clear he valued himself as above the team the more his manager goes on about this.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty clear Adam and his manager believe they deserved more than anyone other than Cameron at GWS. Because GWS wouldn't cave and instead planned to retain as many of their stars as possible he's now not a "priority", despite him probably being one of the preferred options to stay. Pretty clear he valued himself as above the team the more his manager goes on about this.
What makes all this so clear? Are you aware of how much his offer from GWS was? If so, what was it? I haven't been following this very closely of late so I take it someone has come out and said exactly what GWS offered him and have shown some proof of it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back