Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for Richmond at times.

Collingwood say they will only give up their first and a 2nd rounder.

Gws say they want more and due to this will look at other destinations for treloar

Richmond offering 2 first rounder and maybe Griffiths potentially on top this whole time.

1. Our first + second rounders are worth more points-wise than Richmond's first-round picks in 2015/16 (assuming they don't have a horrendous year next season)

Edit: Pick 7 (1,644 points) + Pick 27 (703 points) (2347 points) < Pick 12 (1268 points) + Pick 14 (1161 points) (2429 points)

I was wrong, marginally. However assuming we nab a second rounder for Freeman from St. Kilda (Pick 23) then our offer trumps Richmond's. It's around the same mark though. And we have the added ability to then up our offer to both our 2015/16 first rounders in exchange for Treloar and a second-rounder / fringe player.

An offer of our 2015/16 first rounders trumps Richmond's two first rounders comfortably.

2. Re: the bolded - Richmond would absolutely not offer two first/second round picks as well as Griffiths. Just wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
1. Our first + second rounders are worth more points-wise than Richmond's first-round picks in 2015/16 (assuming they don't have a horrendous year next season)

Edit: Pick 7 (1,644 points) + Pick 27 (703 points) (2347 points) < Pick 12 (1268 points) + Pick 14 (1161 points) (2429 points)

I was wrong, marginally. However assuming we nab a second rounder for Freeman from St. Kilda (Pick 23) then our offer trumps Richmond's. It's around the same mark though. And we have the added ability to then up our offer to both our 2015/16 first rounders in exchange for Treloar and a second-rounder / fringe player.

An offer of our 2015/16 first rounders trumps Richmond's two first rounders comfortably.

2. Re: the bolded - Richmond would absolutely not offer two first/second round picks as well as Griffiths. Just wouldn't happen.
Did i really just read that for you to prove yourself wrong?

Stkilda have pick 24 and thats not including in goldcoast taking their first, potential compensations for Leuy and Dangerfield.

Thats assuming you do get that pick for Freeman and its also assuming Griffiths wouldnt be apart of the deal. If it meant getting treloar i reckon richmond would do it.

Unfortunately they are being refused the option it seems

Did i really just read that for you to prove yourself wrong?

Stkilda have pick 24 and thats not including in goldcoast taking their first, potential compensations for Leuy and Dangerfield.

Thats assuming you do get that pick for Freeman and its also assuming Griffiths wouldnt be apart of the deal. If it meant getting treloar i reckon richmond would do it.

Unfortunately they are being refused the option it seems

Hypothetically it would be a huge offer, but Richmond (or any club for that matter) almost certainly wouldn't part with all of a first rounder, second rounder and talented young KPF for Treloar.

And like I said (this has also been reported in the media as a likely deal) we have the ability to offer both our 2015/16 first rounders to GWS.

People read into the GWS "we'll deal with whoever offers us the best deal" comments a bit too literally. These are most likely scare tactics designed to get us to up our offer to both first rounders. If we end up doing that then the deal will be as good as done. His manager, our coach, our head of football etc have all made comments suggesting as much.

Hypothetically it would be a huge offer, but Richmond (or any club for that matter) almost certainly wouldn't part with all of a first rounder, second rounder and talented young KPF for Treloar.

And like I said (this has also been reported in the media as a likely deal) we have the ability to offer both our 2015/16 first rounders to GWS.

People read into the GWS "we'll deal with whoever offers us the best deal" comments a bit too literally. These are most likely scare tactics designed to get us to up our offer to both first rounders. If we end up doing that then the deal will be as good as done. His manager, our coach, our head of football etc have all made comments suggesting as much.
Absolutely. Where will Collingwood finish next year with Aish and Treloar?

2 first rounders seem acceptable especially when someone else is willing to offer more.

wouldnt you guys back ya selves in with all these guns to rise rapidly up the ladder next year?

2000-2500 points is spot on with his valuation (age + $700k contract). Anything more than 2500 points is too much

If we acquired Treloar and the young players on our list improved as expected, I'd forecast a 7th-10th season (i.e. improvement on this year but not quite in actual contention yet)

Aish isn't exactly a proven AFL-quality player right here and now. A lot depends on how he develops. Wouldn't expect a whole lot from him next season if he were to come.

2 first rounders seem acceptable especially when someone else is willing to offer more.
100%. Most Pies supporters would give up both first rounders for him without hesitation. "Gotta give something to get something" and all that.

wouldnt you guys back ya selves in with all these guns to rise rapidly up the ladder next year?

Wouldn't expect it to be rapid, but a bottom half of the 8 finish would be the aim.

Gws say they want more and due to this will look at other destinations for treloar

Richmond offering 2 first rounder and maybe Griffiths potentially on top this whole time.
The ingredient you're missing is where Treloar wants to go.

I'm surprised this is still being debated. The Treloar deal is as good as done. If they pies need to offer a little more they will. No-way do they give Richmond or Carlton a serious look-in. If that means we don't land Aish so be it, he is small fry compared to Treloar.

Of course I'm confident Aish will be landed as well, just will take a bit more work. Pies are in a strong position with decent picks, the ability to trade a future pick and also has players with currency exiting the club (Ben Kennedy, Freeman and, surprisingly getting interest from 3 clubs - Seedsman).

Richmond finished much higher than us, so in terms of points for academy players our first and second is actually worth the same as Richmond's two first rounders, assuming we finish in much the same respective positions next year.

Not sure if inconsistency will still be an issue as many of the "guns" are young barring a couple left over from 2010 Pendles, Swan, Sidebum, Reid, Cloke.
Then a hand full of good to average foot soldiers in Greenwood, Varcoe, N.Brown, Frost, Goldsack, White etc.

DeGoey, Moore, Grundy, Broomhead, Marsh, Langdon, *Aish, Maynard, Scharenberg, Abbott all still under 20/21.

Witts, Adams, Treloar, Crisp, Williams turning 22/23.

We could have recieved more for the Beams deal if he was opened to being traded elsewhere.But he wasnt and he was under contract.
Same applies with Treloar and he is not under contract. I think one first rounder and one second rounder could do the job. Or at least it wouldnt suprise me, time will tell. He has stated Collingwood only!

We could have recieved more for the Beams deal if he was opened to being traded elsewhere.But he wasnt and he was under contract.
Same applies with Treloar and he is not under contract. I think one first rounder and one second rounder could do the job. Or at least it wouldnt suprise me, time will tell. He has stated Collingwood only!
"Could do the job" even you seem unconvinced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both papers reporting that GWS aren't happy dealing with the Pies. Can anyone tell me why that is?

Yes I'm Neale Balme and it's because they've been wanting to deal with Richmond all along.

Deadset how the * are we supposed to know why they may or may not want to deal with Collingwood?

Yes I'm Neale Balme and it's because they've been wanting to deal with Richmond all along.

Deadset how the **** are we supposed to know why they may or may not want to deal with Collingwood?

Have a Tampon dude and settle down. Like I said, both papers refer to it but don't explain why so I asked a question. Nothing to do with Richmond.

Have a Tampon dude and settle down. Like I said, both papers refer to it but don't explain why so I asked a question. Nothing to do with Richmond.

Hah have a tampon and settle down? What a bizarre and I have to assume sexist thing to say.

I've already answered your question anyway so I'm not sure what else to add.

Ummm obviously he's wondering if anyone has heard anything about it? Maybe some of those 'in the know' posters who post rumours?

Didn't you read my answer I'm Neale Balme it doesn't get anymore in the know than me :thumbsu:

Or would it have been preferable if I said that it's just rubbish to keep the story relevant?

Both papers reporting that GWS aren't happy dealing with the Pies. Can anyone tell me why that is?
My guess would be that most clubs give GWS what they want for their players. The Dogs, Carlton, Hawthorn and Melbourne have all probably given GWS what they wanted. Collingwood fought hard in the Adams/Shaw deal and are probably doing the same in the Treloar deal.

My guess would be that most clubs give GWS what they want for their players. The Dogs, Carlton, Hawthorn and Melbourne have all probably given GWS what they wanted. Collingwood fought hard in the Adams/Shaw deal and are probably doing the same in the Treloar deal.

Most of the players that have left GWS weren't in their 'core' and so GWS were more prepared to let them go.
Eg Many players ahead of O'Rourke, for Tyson they effectively got Kelly, Jaksch and Whiley were surplus and not best 22.
Even with Boyd they had an abundance of key forwards already, plus a great deal offered by the dogs with Griffen, pick 6 and paying some of his contract.

Treloar and McCarthy however are the first big 2 players to want out that GWS saw as best 22 and 'required players'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back