Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

sidebottom and a second rounder?

Sidebottom is of equal value to Treloar. He is one of the best gut runners in the game. If interchanges become lower he will be even better. Nobody is buying the craps you spout.

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Henderson doesnt want to move interstate.

Also, Giants do not have the cap room to replace Treloar with a very expensive player, they will want very early picks (and rightly so) or inexpensive players.

So have the Giants withdrawn there offer to Treloar because surely he would command a bigger salary than Henderson. If they cant fit Lachie in then they must have given up on Adam.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Our cap is fine and is being well managed by Gubby. With all these ridiculous grandfather deals being thrown around we cannot compete with some clubs on every player but that doesn't mean we have no space.

Treloar is being offered astronomical money but securing him is more beneficial than getting a number 1 draft pick as he is proven and only 22.

Anything less than pick 1 or 2 first rounders will be laughed at.

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Our cap is fine and is being well managed by Gubby. With all these ridiculous grandfather deals being thrown around we cannot compete with some clubs on every player but that doesn't mean we have no space.

Treloar is being offered astronomical money but securing him is more beneficial than getting a number 1 draft pick as he is proven and only 22.

Anything less than pick 1 or 2 first rounders will be laughed at.

Laugh away then. What happens if you don't trade? Would you allow him to go into the draft?
I think some people just pluck pick 1 or 2 1st rounders out. You'd be paying on potential.
I think you will get a fair deal, 1st rounder plus maybe 2nd. Depends where which club he nominates, could also depend of whether trading of future draft picks come in. A lot of variables at this stage.
He may still stay. But you've still got to drop at least 4 players off your list. Maybe clubs will offer something for the lesser lights, all those 1st rounders playing in the NEAFL :D

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Laugh away then. What happens if you don't trade? Would you allow him to go into the draft?
I think some people just pluck pick 1 or 2 1st rounders out. You'd be paying on potential.
I think you will get a fair deal, 1st rounder plus maybe 2nd. Depends where which club he nominates, could also depend of whether trading of future draft picks come in. A lot of variables at this stage.
He may still stay. But you've still got to drop at least 4 players off your list. Maybe clubs will offer something for the lesser lights, all those 1st rounders playing in the NEAFL :D

There is a lot of competition for him and several VIC clubs down near the bottom so we should be able to find some nice deals. 2nd rounders for him are a laugh and not something we would do.

We have some fringe guys that will go and we will cut a couple of the lowest rated guys to trim the list. We only have 46 this year.

It will work itself out but if you think we will get mugged you're kidding yourself.

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
There is a lot of competition for him and several VIC clubs down near the bottom so we should be able to find some nice deals. 2nd rounders for him are a laugh and not something we would do.

We have some fringe guys that will go and we will cut a couple of the lowest rated guys to trim the list. We only have 46 this year.

It will work itself out but if you think we will get mugged you're kidding yourself.

In conjunction with the 1st rounder, I only mentioned the addition of a 2nd rounder for points system to use for academy players.So they still are of some worth.
Yep you're right you do have 46 listed players (I counted no.45 by mistake), so you still need to have the 3 mandatory list changes.
I'm sure it will get worked out, no doubt there are some big list management decisions to make with how many academy kids come in, 5 list changes next year etc. Maybe trading out a couple early will free up cap room and list places as a couple won't be able to have contract extensions. It will be interesting how they go about it.
ps. I've never said I think you will get mugged anywhere, did I? No doubt you'll take the best offer, depending on where Treloar nominates.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to see GWS getting 2 first rounders from anyone. How would clubs like Richmond or North find the 2nd first rounder, I know Collingwood most likely won't be able to.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Surely Treloar is valued about the same as Beams
If he is and personally I don't think so, Brisbane gave up picks 5, 25 and an ex-rookie dud called Crispo:) for Beams and pick 67.

We currently have picks 8 and 26. Which ex-rookie should we throw in ?:D

Baxter 26

Debutant
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he is and personally I don't think so, Brisbane gave up picks 5, 25 and an ex-rookie dud called Crispo:) for Beams and pick 67.

We currently have picks 8 and 26. Which ex-rookie should we throw in ?:D
Well according to scoop Maclure on 3aw tonight GWS have made their final offer to Treloar. He was saying the pies are 5 years for 4 million dollars. Apparently GWS offer might be nearly 1 million less over the 5 years.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How about GWS gives us Treloar and we give GWS 10,000 supporters and a centrelink office to support them. This way we improve our list and GWS get 11,000 people to their game each week.

How about GWS gives us Treloar and we give GWS 10,000 supporters and a centrelink office to support them. This way we improve our list and GWS get 11,000 people to their game each week.

Surely if you're offloading 10,000 Collingwood supporters you'd need to offer up more than just one CentreLink office to go with them. A queue 10,000 deep is pretty damn cruel.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely if you're offloading 10,000 Collingwood supporters you'd need to offer up more than just one CentreLink office to go with them. A queue 10,000 deep is pretty damn cruel.
Treloar is not worth two centrelink offices imo

So have the Giants withdrawn there offer to Treloar because surely he would command a bigger salary than Henderson. If they cant fit Lachie in then they must have given up on Adam.

Unsure as to what the giants are doing but i would say its likely they are doing everything they can to keep but realise its unlikely.

As for henderson i know he has had an offer from freo that is 150k pa more than what geelong is offering and has rejected it.given that i cant see him going to any other interstate club given freo would give him the best shot at a flag of the interstate teams. Hence my comment about it being silly putting him in a treloar trade.

Back