Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting snippet in today's Herald Sun (second last page) under the caption The Whisper...
RIVAL clubs circling Adam Treloar are hearing promises have been made to his partner about a potential lucrative job in the Melbourne PR industry by one influential suitor.

MMM

Visy money flows for Collingwood now.
Think the AFL banned those deals, but can it stop your partner getting a job?
Surely it should be counted in the cap, a la Phil Scully.

Surely it should be counted in the cap, a la Phil Scully.
But how far do you go. Phil Scully was obvious as he was working for the club.

If Richmonds sponsor Bingle hired someone in PR how could the AFL intercede? What about if it was a PR firm where a Tiger supporter worked, but was not a club sponsor? And how do we know said partner is not just getting market rate for their skills?

If Richmonds sponsor Bingle hired someone in PR how could the AFL intercede? What about if it was a PR firm where a Tiger supporter worked, but was not a club sponsor? And how do we know said partner is not just getting market rate for their skills?

Same could be said for Phil

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If they're only getting offered a job contingent on the player joining a certain club, it should be pretty easy to intercede. And err on the Sidon including it. That's what they did with Scully, despite the Swans (his previous employer) providing references as to his quality of scouting.

If they're only getting offered a job contingent on the player joining a certain club, it should be pretty easy to intercede. And err on the Sidon including it. That's what they did with Scully, despite the Swans (his previous employer) providing references as to his quality of scouting.

If the rumour is true and the girlfriend is getting market rate then so be it (she works and would be giving up employment to come to Melbourne). However if it is like Scully Snr (he got a substantial pay rise to go to GWS (think it was nearly double the market rate). So if she is being paid substantially above market rate well then there may be an argument to include it in the salary cap.

I find it odd that if it is true that Treloar or his girlfriend would tell anybody about this

If the rumour is true and the girlfriend is getting market rate then so be it (she works and would be giving up employment to come to Melbourne). However if it is like Scully Snr (he got a substantial pay rise to go to GWS (think it was nearly double the market rate). So if she is being paid substantially above market rate well then there may be an argument to include it in the salary cap.

I find it odd that if it is true that Treloar or his girlfriend would tell anybody about this

Yeah um no.
If she is getting a job for him to come down it should be in the cap.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If the club has a direct hand, IE: The company is a sponsor of the club, it SHOULD be reported to the league and he SHOULD be only paid the wage shes entitled to. Anything MORE than that, and its obviously a sweetener to get a player outside the allowed method.

Scully got paid market rate. He got a promotion from part time scout to full time, which Sydney had acknowledged they would have offered him if they had the budget for another full time role.

Is she currently unemployed? If so, your logic suggests that any job offer is substantially above market rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visy money flows for Collingwood now.
Think the AFL banned those deals, but can it stop your partner getting a job?

Should be Counted as part of the Salary Cap like we Tried to make Peter Moore our Ruck Coach but it would of Counted towards our Salary Cap

Even with their inflated salary cap, after re signing a number of highly rated players recently, GWS must be starting to feel the squeeze. Reckon Treloar is being offered much, much more by a couple of Melbourne clubs, so much more that he can't knock one of the offers back.

How the trade is worked out though will be interesting. This is the first year GWS don't have a whole heap of high draft picks so they will be keen to add a couple to help with recruiting their academy kids.

Surely Richmond is in the box seat now if Treloar wants finals success at a big club, looks like Collingwood's rebuild is nowhere as successful or completed as everyone thought.

Geelong lost Melbourne, Hawthorn lost to GWS, hawthorn lost to Richmond, St Kilda beat Essedon by 100+ ......see where I'm going with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back