Analysis Adams, Fasolo, Seedsman, Sinclair, Thomas, Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

And as I've said, how convenient for you that you discount the only relevant measure, particularly as it shows your unfounded prejudice for what it is.

Well then why do Sidebottom and Broomhead have lower percentage than Jack Frost when they're are clearly better, as I said its a flawed measure so stop using it as if it has any relevance.

Ben Johnson was one of my favourites of all time, Sinclair actually reminds me of him abit.

Im not sure how hard he works behind the scenes, but if his work ethics up there with Johnsons, his already improved kick will become better in time.

Love how much i relied on Johnson.

The Seedsman faith is baffling IMO, happy for him to prove me wrong - but hell, does he have a long way to go to make it.
Can you elaborate on why you think he has a long way to go? In 2013 his stats ranked up near Isaac Smith, though this year he had a poor one due to a lack of pre season because of hip surgery. He has all the traits of a decent wingman.

Can you elaborate on why you think he has a long way to go? In 2013 his stats ranked up near Isaac Smith, though this year he had a poor one due to a lack of pre season because of hip surgery. He has all the traits of a decent wingman.

He was great in 2013 but his 2014 Season was down

I don't even think Williams year was that poor. Averaged 17 possessions a game and barely lost his match-up. Nick Smith only averaged 15. What else do people want Williams to do?
His form was worse than last year and his kicking skills were poor, he also seemed to have lost his evasiveness around a contest which I was very impressed with. He shut down players very well I agree but I don't think he really improved as a whole at all this year, I thought his 2013 form was much better. Please don't take this as me not rating Williams, I do but I still think he had a poor year.

His form was worse than last year and his kicking skills were poor, he also seemed to have lost his evasiveness around a contest which I was very impressed with. He shut down players very well I agree but I don't think he really improved as a whole at all this year, I thought his 2013 form was much better. Please don't take this as me not rating Williams, I do but I still think he had a poor year.
You're right he was down this year. Lost a lot of the fire he had in 2013, when he was just tough as nails and was becoming one of the best small shut down players in the comp.
he'll be back. He needs to bulk up a bit I think. And tidy up his footskils. He's still just a kid really, has a big future.

I think Williams focussed more on shutting his opponent down than rebounding this year. His kicking skills aren't the best but I remember a couple of games were they weren't actually that bad. I don't think he lost his evasiveness he just used it allot less. As improvement from last year I think Williams got better at shutting his opponent down but sacrificed his some of his attacking game. Hopefully this season he can put both together.

I think Williams focussed more on shutting his opponent down than rebounding this year. His kicking skills aren't the best but I remember a couple of games were they weren't actually that bad. I don't think he lost his evasiveness he just used it allot less. As improvement from last year I think Williams got better at shutting his opponent down but sacrificed his some of his attacking game. Hopefully this season he can put both together.
I disagree, Williams main strength has always been his shutdown ability, even in 2012 i remember how he was absolutely dominating Jeff Garlett before he did his shoulder in the third quarter. His kicking skills were horrible in some games this season, I hope he improves this because we need him too. Half of being a defender is being able to clear the ball out of defence effectively, we can't afford to have any more poor kicks in our defence (Toovey is enough) because it destroys our rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise his court case?

Marley may not have the best year but i am so impressed with his toughness, and i believe the coaches are too.

If Sinclair could defend as well as Toovey and Marley he would be ahead of them in the pecking order, because neither are good kicks. All three are quick. The problem is that Sinclair is not a defender's a-hole. His positioning is just about the worst I have ever seen when he plays back and his pace means that he can sometimes get back and mask his deficiencies. At the game it stands out so much. So many times he has simply dawdled away from his man because he had no awareness and someone like Heath Shaw had to leave his own man to cover, only for Sinclair's opponent to pop it over the top and Shaw's original opponent kicks the goal. In the replay the second defender is always the one criticised, yet Sinclair was plainly the one at fault. He is simply so far away from the ball and his own opponent by the time the goal is kicked that he is isn't even noticed in the television screen.
Fasolo suffered from this syndrome while playing down back as well. Its why he should be playing half forward imo. Everyone needs a defensive side to their game, but Fasolo's whole game is based around attacking flair

Fasolo suffered from this syndrome while playing down back as well. Its why he should be playing half forward imo. Everyone needs a defensive side to their game, but Fasolo's whole game is based around attacking flair
True.
However, he does need to learn the art of tacklng which also involves timing as well as technique.
Too often I have seen him miss a tackle 'cos he timed his run too late.
Goldy used to do it and has now got it out of his game.
Hopefully Fas can improve that side of his game too.

I agree completely, I just feel people are harsher on Seedsman than someone like Williams who had an equally poor year but with different circumstances.

The difference is that Williams has proven that he can be a consistent AFL level player in a defined position.

Seedsman is still very much fighting to hold his head above water at AFL level whether that be at half back or wing.

Stats/impact are completely different things, he was/is nowhere near as good as Isaac Smith

I disagree, in my humble

Players that show glimpses of elite class and skill early in their careers, if they work hard and focus will always become elite. Elliot, swan, Pendles, beams, sidebottom, didak, Davis, Buckley etc all the same. Seedsman has shown he has the talent, now just needs to get fit, have a couple of full preseasons and injury free runs and he will be up there with Scott pendlebury in elite skill, decision making, and influence on the game. Only thing holding him back is fitness and injury , which he just hasn't had under control in the past few years. If he gets fully fit look out.

Players that show glimpses of elite class and skill early in their careers, if they work hard and focus will always become elite. Elliot, swan, Pendles, beams, sidebottom, didak, Davis, Buckley etc all the same. Seedsman has shown he has the talent, now just needs to get fit, have a couple of full preseasons and injury free runs and he will be up there with Scott pendlebury in elite skill, decision making, and influence on the game. Only thing holding him back is fitness and injury , which he just hasn't had under control in the past few years. If he gets fully fit look out.
Good, that's your opinion.

I disagree, think he has a long, long way to go personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back