News Adelaide falling behind in Revenue

Remove this Banner Ad

I just get sick and tired of been sick and tired of seeing our club slipping down the rankings from the no1 powerhouse club of the AFL a few years ago to the also rans we are now. But its ok, Cornes, Rowie, Bone, Dillion and co think Triggy and Chapman have done wonders for our club. They should be tarred and feathered for the damage they have allowed to happen to our club.

Apologies if this is not quite on thread but I noticed in the footy show last night that Gary Lyons introduced the West Coast Eagles as playing the Port Adelaide FOOTBALL CLUB. It struck a jarring chord with me because it wasn't Port Adelaide or Port Power but the Port Adelaide CLUB. Significant in that it shows how the growing perception is that when you play that mob you are coming up against the Club as a whole, an entity. They have this identity and it is just naturally exuded and displayed with all things PA, from the lowliest fan to the very top. They exist as a group, an inclusive group that shapes this perception. It hurts me to say it but this is what the AFC has to aspire to. We need identity. We need to be seen as more than a peripheral bunch of supporters who really can't claim real ownership or belonging to an Adelaide Football Club. This is the real essence and building blocks of what is required to maintain success in football.

You hear what you want to hear.

Often teams are introduced as "Melbourne Football Club" or alternative.

Apologies if this is not quite on thread but I noticed in the footy show last night that Gary Lyons introduced the West Coast Eagles as playing the Port Adelaide FOOTBALL CLUB. It struck a jarring chord with me because it wasn't Port Adelaide or Port Power but the Port Adelaide CLUB. Significant in that it shows how the growing perception is that when you play that mob you are coming up against the Club as a whole, an entity. They have this identity and it is just naturally exuded and displayed with all things PA, from the lowliest fan to the very top. They exist as a group, an inclusive group that shapes this perception. It hurts me to say it but this is what the AFC has to aspire to. We need identity. We need to be seen as more than a peripheral bunch of supporters who really can't claim real ownership or belonging to an Adelaide Football Club. This is the real essence and building blocks of what is required to maintain success in football.
Not sure if serious.

Plenty call them port power as well. Just as a number call us the Adelaide Football Club.

You guys have reassured me, but I still long to have my half-full cup filled by some Trigg/Chapman stuff that significantly improves the off-field AFC.

Look! we need a new CEO as I feel Trigg has this aura about him that is on the nose.

They are catching and we are still in the lead but the game isn't over.
We need a new CEO & chairman.

Ww is right that we are being smashed by port

Maybe Trigg and Co need to head north and check out the mighty CBFC... now theres a club with some serious history!!!;)

We need a new CEO & chairman.

Ww is right that we are being smashed by port

the Chairman will be remembered for disembowelling this Club... while trying to make sure he remains squeaky clean
He sits on numerous Boards... apparently a couple of these companies have spiralled into debt and about to go under. I'm sure there is a journalist or two around town already noting this
His tenure at St George bank/Westpac in Sydney under Gail Kelly ended with him coming back for family reasons - thats a nice out for a failed banker
Did he know of the Tippett deal in May/June of the year it all came unstuck and that is why he protects Trigg?
He has appointed a lady named Kate Gould to the Board and did it with a year of Deb Miller's tenure to go. Then Miller was bounced as she asked too many questions. Keeping Kate keeps the Club looking good with a female board member in the mix. Pretty sure she wouldn't get a word in though. Have a look at Gould's football credits and history (her first move was to eliminate the banner on game day, a move that eventually did not get approved). so Thommo runs out tomorrow to a nice ovation and a lap with his kids - but no banner? Please
We have a very good salesman in charge

the Chairman will be remembered for disembowelling this Club... while trying to make sure he remains squeaky clean
He sits on numerous Boards... apparently a couple of these companies have spiralled into debt and about to go under. I'm sure there is a journalist or two around town already noting this
His tenure at St George bank/Westpac in Sydney under Gail Kelly ended with him coming back for family reasons - thats a nice out for a failed banker
Did he know of the Tippett deal in May/June of the year it all came unstuck and that is why he protects Trigg?
He has appointed a lady named Kate Gould to the Board and did it with a year of Deb Miller's tenure to go. Then Miller was bounced as she asked too many questions. Keeping Kate keeps the Club looking good with a female board member in the mix. Pretty sure she wouldn't get a word in though. Have a look at Gould's football credits and history (her first move was to eliminate the banner on game day, a move that eventually did not get approved). so Thommo runs out tomorrow to a nice ovation and a lap with his kids - but no banner? Please
We have a very good salesman in charge

What questions did Deb Miller ask?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back