News Adelaide falling behind in Revenue

Remove this Banner Ad

How long did it take them to find major sponsors ? The 30 seconds it took the Crows?

Weren't we supposed to announce a replacement sponsor for the Westpac centre a few weeks ago?

Now - I'm assuming they could be holding off the announcement until next week in the lead up to the Swabs game. If they don't, something could be up.

because they are a small Club in SA.

Mcguire had a national TV show that was aimed at a football audience not an audience with no interest in AFL.

From what I've seen Koch had come across as a complete dick head.

How long did it take them to find major sponsors ? The 30 seconds it took the Crows?
Nah really have to disagree

Koch IS SPEAKING to a football audiance

Every club starts small ....that does not mean they have to stay small ....it's this arrogance (not you personally) that leads to organisations becoming extinct

Arrogance that becuase we're big now ....it stands that we'll always be big .....a hugely floored argument

Weren't we supposed to announce a replacement sponsor for the Westpac centre a few weeks ago?

Now - I'm assuming they could be holding off the announcement until next week in the lead up to the Swabs game. If they don't, something could be up.
I forgot about that.

That is for the training centre ?

Nah really have to disagree

Koch IS SPEAKING to a football audiance

Every club starts small ....that does not mean they have to stay small ....it's this arrogance (not you personally) that leads to organisations becoming extinct

Arrogance that becuase we're big now ....it stands that we'll always be big .....a hugely floored argument
That isn't my arguement at all.

We have had to wait til round 3 for our first home game, which isn't unusual.

Why don't you give them until then before worrying about the sky falling.

That isn't my arguement at all.

We have had to wait til round 3 for our first home game, which isn't unusual.

Why don't you give them until then before worrying about the sky falling.
Because one game isn;t going to change my opinion ....otherwise i'd be flip flopping continuously

No, this is an opinion developed over 2 years now ....not to be changed on one game

Don't let Koch be the measuring stick of where we want to be. The guy is human waste. The rest of Australua is just starting to catch on as to how low this guy is. Give it a year or two, and like the majority of the port supporter base, he will be a major luability to the port power FC.

Koch's challenge is there's not THAT many people looking to change teams. Not that many looking to find their first side.

It's a mature market. People's support follow family lines, or whoever introduced them to the game. And that won't be Koch.

McGuire's great success was activating a latent supporter base - but they existed. They just weren't being engaged.

Ultimately, Port have a glass ceiling on what they can do - their existing supporter base. Hard to know where new supporters come from. People might stop following a team but they very rarely follow a new one.

Though, admittedly I considered supporting a new side about a year ago. But I couldn't do it, and it certainly wouldn't have been Port.

Come on. We haven't had a great two years but seriously it isn't that bad.
Cap, i am just talking about club marketing, the brand, exposure and club membership ......not dragging anything else into it like club performances or Tippett, they're separate points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cap, i am just talking about club marketing, the brand, exposure and club membership ......not dragging anything else into it like club performances or Tippett, they're separate points
But brand took a hit.

Let's face it. Port where gifted the fitst showdown for the exact purpose that has played out, they need to do very little apart from a March to the mall and they get publicity.

it hasn't been two years, winning games have them some publicity, all they need to do is not do a Crows and they will be fine.

You are aiming at beating Port.

Well done???!!!!!

Aim to beat Collingwood, West Coast, Freo, Essendon, Hawthorn.

You should be bigger than Port and close to WCE. Not where you are.

It is an utter failure.

This guy is right.

We're the strong kid at school beating up the nerds to make himself look better.

We should be a powerhouse, like we used to be, instead we compare ourselves to struggling Clubs to try and make ourselves feel better.

Get home from work, sit down with tea, turn fox footy on and :eek: ........Port TV advert ON NATIONAL TELEVISION spruiking membership

So we can't sell more memberships than AO tickets :rolleyes: ....we think AO is the prime motivator for 2014 memberships

BUT someone didn't tell Port who once again CREAMS us in the PR stakes

When the F...k is this club going to wakeup & realise:

1. The club is National ....it is not mutually exclusive to SA

2. That it is not a god given right or expectation that the Crows is the # 1 club in SA

:mad:FFS wakeup Crows & get up with the REAL WORLD!!!

Get home from work, sit down with tea, turn fox footy on and :eek: ........Port TV advert ON NATIONAL TELEVISION spruiking membership

So we can't sell more memberships than AO tickets :rolleyes: ....we think AO is the prime motivator for 2014 memberships

BUT someone didn't tell Port who once again CREAMS us in the PR stakes

When the F...k is this club going to wakeup & realise:

1. The club is National ....it is not mutually exclusive to SA

2. That it is not a god given right or expectation that the Crows is the # 1 club in SA

:mad:FFS wakeup Crows & get up with the REAL WORLD!!!

I forgot my point.

The ads on our channels aren't the same as those interstate.

Or do you think Sydney gets the "Paint Supplies" ads too?
:confused: sorry not following

I'm in Melbourne getting Port adverts ......Fox i think run national advertising not state specific

:confused: sorry not following

I'm in Melbourne getting Port adverts ......Fox i think run national advertising not state specific
Yeah sorry I just remembered that you were interstate. Tapatalk isn't clear.

But fox ads can differ too, I believe.

While I agree our club has been complacent, I'm less worried about this sort of stuff on Fox Footy. Most people watching this will already have some kind of club allegiance so the chance of them forking out for a second membership doesn't seem to be that high. Ongoing onfield success will win new fans and admirers, but again - whether this interstate interest generates into new memberships isn't always clear either.

The other thing that works against us is the AFL. It's not in their interest to see Port struggle, and they'd probably have something to say if we went out of our way to undermine them. Not that our current administration would - I couldn't see us doing what Sydney did to GWS when they went out of their way to snatch Buddy and deny them a potential marketing coup.

While I agree our club has been complacent, I'm less worried about this sort of stuff on Fox Footy. Most people watching this will already have some kind of club allegiance so the chance of them forking out for a second membership doesn't seem to be that high. Ongoing onfield success will win new fans and admirers, but again - whether this interstate interest generates into new memberships isn't always clear either.

The other thing that works against us is the AFL. It's not in their interest to see Port struggle, and they'd probably have something to say if we went out of our way to undermine them. Not that our current administration would - I couldn't see us doing what Sydney did to GWS when they went out of their way to snatch Buddy and deny them a potential marketing coup.
Given their President is extremely media savvy .....i highly doubt they would be running Fox adverts for the fun of it

My point is there are as many ex-pat Sth Australians living in other states that the Crows pays lip service to attracting ex-pats as members :thumbsdown:

Or our membership team have done the cost benefit analysis of advertising on Fox versus the return we get from new interstate membership.

Remember, adelaide sold the first digital membership so they are obviously marketing to someone.

This is obviously an area we must improve on, selling memberships that aren't season tickets should be an area we focus on.

I do remember there was a target of about 5 thousand interstate members in the near future which would be a 40% increase. This seems very low to me, I get we will never have the advantage the traditional Victorian teams have here from supporters before the 90s but there are plenty of South Australians who no longer live in SA. Digital helps but that probably came a little late this year as a lot of people who would buy the streaming plan would of already done it during round one directly from Telstra/AFL.

Port must have a very high cost of member acquisition and coupled with having the cheapest memberships in the AFL they are either just buying numbers or its a long term thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back