Adelaide Oval Dimensions

Remove this Banner Ad

I've looked everywhere ....even on the Adelaide oval site that has everything, but the answer to my question.
What will be the new oval dimensions (not fence to fence) of the Adelaide oval development:confused:
Football park was developed with the view of matching as close as possible the MCG ....where the GF is played

Doesn't seem to help much, we are 40% at the MCG.
At the SCG (smallest ground) we are 69% (but this is because they are our b**ches)
I would not think the size of AO will have any influence on us winning a flag on the MCG when that chance comes around again later this year ;)

One of the reasons Geelong struggles is because they are used to the narrow confines of Kardinia Park and can't adjust to the MCG. I'd hate for us to have the same disadvantage at our new home.

I hope we struggle like Geelong have the last few years over our next 5 years.:thumbsu:

163321_lg.jpg

Need one of these kajiggers.

I've looked everywhere ....even on the Adelaide oval site that has everything, but the answer to my question.

What will be the new oval dimensions (not fence to fence) of the Adelaide oval development:confused:

Football park was developed with the view of matching as close as possible the MCG ....where the GF is played

Adelaide oval currently has weird dimensions and i am hoping they are planning to alter the playing dimensions so it doesn't become an issue down the track

Current Adelaide Oval dimensions are 190 x 125 fence to fence ....taking off 10mtrs at the ends and 6mtrs off each side for the playing dimension ....we're left with

Adelaide Oval: 170 x 113
Football Park: 165 x 133
MCG: 160 x 141
Etihad: 159.5 x 128.8

still seems very narrow and i haven't been able to find the new dimension?? .....can anyone help?
Sounds closer to a ground like Simonds Stadium. That is quite narrow.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...exclusive-access/story-e6frea83-1226448288610

The Oval is expected to have a capacity of 53,500, including standing room for 3500. For concerts, audience numbers could rise to about 61,000.

At this stage, the cost for this level of membership being considered by the Stadium Management Authority (SMA) is between $900 and $1000 a year - averaging about $30 per Oval visit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was in another post... "Football field dimensions are the slightly lager than ANZ Stadium in Sydney 162m / 118m."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adelaide-oval-design-concept.637171/
:( sorry to poor cold water on your great contribution .......but those dimensions were simply the thoughts of a poster who submitted some designs for fun

They are not the official dimensions .......guys we're still looking for official Adelaide Oval dimensions for 2014

This was in another post... "Football field dimensions are the slightly lager than ANZ Stadium in Sydney 162m / 118m."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adelaide-oval-design-concept.637171/
:( sorry to poor cold water on your great contribution .......but those dimensions were simply the thoughts of a poster who submitted some designs for fun

They are not the official dimensions .......guys we're still looking for official Adelaide Oval dimensions for 2014

He was pretty spot on with his concepts!

He was pretty spot on with his concepts!
hope to god the wings are wider than 118M :mad:

we will live to regret if we play on a surburban size oval the size of a sardine can ...and then expect to translate to MCG

np at all mate. Teach me to skip read the post :D

I found this measurement tool on another Form for the Adelaide Oval redevelopment
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.915545,138.595608&z=18&t=k&nmd=20120417

Right click on the map to open measurement tool

It appears on the image that the western side fence stays and there's temporary fencing behind the goals and Eastern side. Looking at the excavation behind the temporary fence it looks like the oval is being widened by about 10mtrs to the naked eye

Fascinating looking at the change in oval shape with the redevelopment of western stands in .......you can click on the timeline dots on top of the page and get oval images at various timelines of development.
It appears currently the boundary on western side is oval shaped ....whereas the eastern boundary is still squared off.
I measured the wings of the new development as being 130m fence to fence ....which as a previous post had means we're left with a playing area width of about 118m :thumbsdown:

I found this measurement tool on another Form for the Adelaide Oval redevelopment
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.915545,138.595608&z=18&t=k&nmd=20120417

Right click on the map to open measurement tool

It appears on the image that the western side fence stays and there's temporary fencing behind the goals and Eastern side. Looking at the excavation behind the temporary fence it looks like the oval is being widened by about 10mtrs to the naked eye

Fascinating looking at the change in oval shape with the redevelopment of western stands in .......you can click on the timeline dots on top of the page and get oval images at various timelines of development.
It appears currently the boundary on western side is oval shaped ....whereas the eastern boundary is still squared off.
I measured the wings of the new development as being 130m fence to fence ....which as a previous post had means we're left with a playing area width of about 118m :thumbsdown:

Oval pre demolition was 168.21m/115.63m from boundary line to boundary line.

Heres how the oval looks now with the measurements over the top.

Screen Shot 2012-08-12 at 9.20.24 PM.png

Playing surface as we speak is clearly smaller than what we had before.

Oval pre demolition was 168.21m/115.63m from boundary line to boundary line.

Heres how the oval looks now with the measurements over the top.

View attachment 2446

Playing surface as we speak is clearly smaller than what we had before.

If you look closely, you can see that the current fence line is well inside what would be the final boundary. They have taken up some of the current oval space for working; this will be retuned on completion. Look at the picture below.

And I do recall seeing the dimensions being release before and that they would be similar to Footy Park – Not too worried.

July262012.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that the current fence line is well inside what would be the final boundary. They have taken up some of the current oval space for working; this will be retuned on completion. Look at the picture below.

And I do recall seeing the dimensions being release before and that they would be similar to Footy Park – Not too worried.

July262012.jpg
Thanks ....but i took that into account when I measured and posted the dimensions as 118m W

Remove this Banner Ad

Back