Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't have the screens showing the game live because it means people are looking away from the action when a six is hit into the crowd. It would be a safety issue

knowing CA and how inept they are, they'll put it on the week after the concert.
I don't call this ineptitude.
I call this "you say you're a multi-purpose stadium, well go and use it for multiple purposes. You wanna host a concert in the time when you're most likely to host a Test, well show us how well you can do both, you multi-purpose stadium, you."

Yep, there is Government Legislation forbidding it, the same for the Trees and Scoreboard - they can't be touched with out both sides of SA Parliament supporting and changing legislation.

How long before Adelaide Oval gets a sponsored name? It seems inevitable... or is there a constitutional rule against it?

Yep, there is Government Legislation forbidding it, the same for the Trees and Scoreboard - they can't be touched with out both sides of SA Parliament supporting and changing legislation.

While 'Adelaide Oval' is protected by legislation, the SMA is getting around it by selling the naming rights to parts of the ground, such as Telstra Plaza and the Audi Club.

No issue with that to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely in 5-10 years time they'll need a Northern Stand if memberships continue to grow and the waiting list for season tickets get bigger.
Think the Western stand should be made bigger first though before that happens.

Surely in 5-10 years time they'll need a Northern Stand if memberships continue to grow and the waiting list for season tickets get bigger.
Was thinking this the other day, imagine the s**t we have to go through if we want to ad a northern stand?

Oh yeah, by the way, the SMA (obviously being squeezed by the SANFL) has started on their quest to * up the experience. Not only have they refused to give an inch on their already exorbitant prices, most bars now only serve that Superdry swill at $8.80 a pop, they also have started closing several bars at 3 quarter time at a 50k attended Port game on a Saturday night! I wouldn't be surprised, even if the crowds average higher this year, their catering receipts will be down on 2014. Port have given them a big FU for not letting the clubs share in the catering by setting up the Village Green on Memorial Drive (beers $5). Their ongoing and never abating greed will be their downfall.

Oh yeah, by the way, the SMA (obviously being squeezed by the SANFL) has started on their quest to **** up the experience. Not only have they refused to give an inch on their already exorbitant prices, most bars now only serve that Superdry swill at $8.80 a pop, they also have started closing several bars at 3 quarter time at a 50k attended Port game on a Saturday night! I wouldn't be surprised, even if the crowds average higher this year, their catering receipts will be down on 2014. Port have given them a big FU for not letting the clubs share in the catering by setting up the Village Green on Memorial Drive (beers $5). Their ongoing and never abating greed will be their downfall.

You do realise that just about all outlets at just about any ground close at 3 quarter time.

You do realise that just about all outlets at just about any ground close at 3 quarter time.
This. Working with Epicure at the MCG we closed our outlet as soon at the final quarter started, even for the grand final. It was great, wandering around the MCC area, with a free left over sausage roll watching the last ten minutes of the Swans beating the Hawks for the flag.

Going to the Port v Hawks Anzac Day game, was only able to get General Admission tickets. I could fork out $110 to buy Silver Class tickets in Bay 149, just wondering if the seats would be worth it over GA?

Going to the Port v Hawks Anzac Day game, was only able to get General Admission tickets. I could fork out $110 to buy Silver Class tickets in Bay 149, just wondering if the seats would be worth it over GA?
Nope, I got 3 GA tickets for my Wife, Mother and Mother in Law, have suggested pending weather they move around near the Northern End, but if not just go under cover... it'd be brilliant regardless.

Is there a more iconic Adelaide Landmark than the Adelaide Oval Hill and Scoreboard? It is the only good part of this states backwardness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back