Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to the Port v Hawks Anzac Day game, was only able to get General Admission tickets. I could fork out $110 to buy Silver Class tickets in Bay 149, just wondering if the seats would be worth it over GA?

If it's the seats on the second tier (the red seats) then yes...they are awesome. If not then just go GA for that price.

not sure about that..don't port and crows have 60,000 members?

Port don't and the Crows hit that for the first time ever this year, but those numbers include interstate memberships, 3-game memberships etc. i.e. members who aren't going to be going to the majority of games. IMO a stadium that was >= number of members would be too big for all but a handful of games.

11062022_10152957020203882_2859082924348103031_n.jpg

I am surprised given the success of Adelaide Oval that the NRL have played a game there this year. I know Adelaide doesn't have a rugby following but I would of thought a one off Friday night game might get 15,000?

I am surprised given the success of Adelaide Oval that the NRL have played a game there this year. I know Adelaide doesn't have a rugby following but I would of thought a one off Friday night game might get 15,000?

The NRL would be better off at Coopers to be honest.

Also, when Canterbury-Bankstown played Melbourne a couple of times at Adelaide Oval a few years ago they were only pulling 10,000.

The NRL would be better off at Coopers to be honest.

Also, when Canterbury-Bankstown played Melbourne a couple of times at Adelaide Oval a few years ago they were only pulling 10,000.
This was at a venue either in the midst of re-building the western stand, forcing us all to sit in the old Chappell tents, and then the year.
Both were played on a Saturday night in July and were pretty damn cold for trying to drag people to sport in Adelaide at a time when we struggled to drag people to support their own AFL teams.

NRL at Coopers has one major problem, and that is the size of the pitch means in-goal areas of about 4-5m, which is extremely small.

Play a Saturday night early in the season when the weather is better, make the tickets reasonably-priced, market it well both in Adelaide and to the fans of the competing clubs (chance to come and see Adelaide and the Oval), and 15k would be a good result, and based on how the ground was for SANFL finals last year, makes a good enough atmosphere.

Is it just me or is The Advertiser contractually bound to mention the Showdown at least once in any article about tonight's A-League final?

Adelaide United will face Brisbane Roar in an elimination final only days before the Adelaide Crows and Port Power go into battle for Showdown 38 at the same venue.

Will the Sunday Mail have "South Australia's biggest football rivalry, Showdown 38, will be at Adelaide Oval today, only two days after Adelaide United played Brisbane in the A-League finals"? I'd say not.

What does the Showdown have to do with the A-League.
I can understand if the ground is trashed tonight, the articles for the Showdown might say "on a surface ripped to shreds by Friday night's A-League game", but that's not gonna happen. So why does the 'Tiser need to mention an AFL game in an article about an Adelaide United final? /rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is the main event.

You didn't even note the only offensive thing in the article, where it refers to us as 'Port Power'.

I noticed both teams had a whinge about Adelaide United having preference to train on the ground during the week. Are they going to whinge when Liverpool come in July and train on the ground during the week and play only one night before the showdown? I wouldn't have thought so.

I noticed both teams had a whinge about Adelaide United having preference to train on the ground during the week. Are they going to whinge when Liverpool come in July and train on the ground during the week and play only one night before the showdown? I wouldn't have thought so.

I'd imagine we will whinge.

Quite a bit more notice for starters.

Besides AO is great for big events, not A-League games..... :D

Not that the surface or distance from the pitch has caused any tears this week (and will likely do again when Liverpool come).

the whinge isnt so much about this one incident, its about the increasing number of incidents preventing the clubs from training on the facility as much as they thought they would under the deal.

the whinge isnt so much about this one incident, its about the increasing number of incidents preventing the clubs from training on the facility as much as they thought they would under the deal.

I was under the impression that Adelaide always intended to continue use the AAMI Stadium facilities for their training, and Port Adelaide continue to use their set-up at Alberton. Never realised they expected training time at Adelaide Oval.

I was under the impression that Adelaide always intended to continue use the AAMI Stadium facilities for their training, and Port Adelaide continue to use their set-up at Alberton. Never realised they expected training time at Adelaide Oval.

In the leadup to matches all clubs are granted a certain number of training times on the Oval.

When is the Northern entrance/parklands redevelopment meant to be finished?

I haven't seen any pictures of the proposed look when it's finished, only a few vague articles back in September last year.

The previous set up was pretty bush league IMO compared to the rest of the ground. Especially the dirt road that either got muddy in winter or blew dirt into people's faces when it got windy.

I think I read recently that late July at the earliest, that the Northern Gate will be open again and at the end of the footy season for the gardens/car park to be finished. It is brilliant when you think that we can get 50,000 people out of the stadium after games via only two gate areas fairly quickly though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back