Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to get tickets to the Crows v Freo game and you can only get one category 6 ticket. Very disappointing. I've been there for the Big Bash and I'm looking forward to my first AFL game there.
Honest response - You're looking for tickets one week out? If you've put it off this late you deserve what you get. There's 14 clubs in the league you can do this for. But Adelaide (Along with Freo, Eagles and Geelong) are not ones you can be so unorganised for and expect to get decent (and many) tickets

Troll response
If you want to experience the AO experience with mates, come to a Port game, plenty of seats for them

Honest response - You're looking for tickets one week out? If you've put it off this late you deserve what you get. There's 14 clubs in the league you can do this for. But Adelaide (Along with Freo, Eagles and Geelong) are not ones you can be so unorganised for and expect to get decent (and many) tickets

Troll response
If you want to experience the AO experience with mates, come to a Port game, plenty of seats for them
There were seats available for the other sections, just wanted the away cheersquad end which you could only buy one ticket for.

There were seats available for the other sections, just wanted the away cheersquad end which you could only buy one ticket for.
Or you could just STAND 10 meters away on the hill?

Troll response

Still a good amount of tickets available. You would be able to buy 2 or more tickets for cat 4, 5 and 6. Also I believe the very top section of the southern stand is general admission for Crows games. Otherwise, Hill is the go. This screen grab for tomorrow night's game was taken tonight just after 11.

34e363dba7d07e1efefb9d60c9801da1.png

Get rid of Bonython Park and build a new multi purpose Basketball/Netball stadium and have a 30-35k Football stadium next too it IMO.

Seriously what attracts people to that place apart from when musical festivals are on or the circus?

the festivals and circus' can always be moved to other area's of the parklands.

Agreed with the idea but Imagine the uproar from the f***ing greens

Does anyone think the old scoreboard is too dark for night games. Put some upward facing lights on the bar. Can hardly see it on TV.
I've been telling them that for years. With the massive bright replay screen right next to it the scoreboard fades into the background. Needs a couple of good spotties on it from the two northern light-towers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you need to see it if you're watching on TV?
It's the signature piece of Adelaide Oval, would be good if it was clearly visible on telly.
At the ground, it'd be good to be able to read it.

Plus, I like to be able to read any message they've put down the batsmen column :)

Adelaide Oval or the State Government should copy what they have done at the SCG and put the name of the place in illuminating white letters above the Jumbo-screen.

View attachment 147735
Right next to the "jumbo-tron" is a heritage-listed scoreboard that is definitively Adelaide Oval, with a background of cathedral-spires. It's a pretty well-known view. Conversely, all the well-known and quintessentially-SCG parts of the SCG are on the broadcast wing in the footy, and all you get on TV are generic grandstands. If the Members' and Ladies' stands at the SCG got in the standard camera shots they'd be set.

Having "ADELAIDE OVAL" in 2m-high illuminated letters on top of the replay screen right next to the heritage scoreboard would look vastly different (in a negative way) to having "SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND" on top a screen in between two concrete grandstands with generic green seats.

I like it at the SCG; I would hate it at AO.

Right next to the "jumbo-tron" is a heritage-listed scoreboard that is definitively Adelaide Oval, with a background of cathedral-spires. It's a pretty well-known view. Conversely, all the well-known and quintessentially-SCG parts of the SCG are on the broadcast wing in the footy, and all you get on TV are generic grandstands. If the Members' and Ladies' stands at the SCG got in the standard camera shots they'd be set.

Having "ADELAIDE OVAL" in 2m-high illuminated letters on top of the replay screen right next to the heritage scoreboard would look vastly different (in a negative way) to having "SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND" on top a screen in between two concrete grandstands with generic green seats.

I like it at the SCG; I would hate it at AO.
What about on the Southern Screens?

What about on the Southern Screens?
Would be more fitting with the modern stadium thing but it's a tighter space than the SCG and twice as high up, it'd lose the effect of being in every wide-angle shot going towards the goals down that end because it wouldn't be in the shot.

I do miss having "Welcome to Adelaide Oval" on the scoreboard at any non-cricket event like it used to have though.

Definetely Adelaide Oval's biggest week in decades coming up.

Sunday 2:50pm - Showdown XXXVIX - All the emotions before the bounce and then its on in front of around 52,000 fans.

Monday Night 7:05pm - Liverpool FC v Adelaide United 50,000 plus Fans Sing You'll Never Walk Alone as the biggest club in the world paints Adelaide RED.

Saturday 1:40pm Adelaide vs Gold Coast - the Crows play their first Match in front of a Home crowd aince Phil Walsh's passing - 47,000 to 50,000 fans.

A Very BIG 6 days in Adelaide coming Up.

I can't wait as I'll be at all three games!

Did I hear right that there will be a space at Memorial Drive allocated for Liverpool, and I suppose Adelaide Utd fans to gather pre game from like 1pm?

Tried looking on the Adelaide Oval website and couldn't find anything about it (which isn't surprising I suppose) But I'd rather not be giving my money to the SMA if I can help it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back