Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
Loved the ground. Spectacular inside and from the outside and the atmosphere it creates was electric. Only one problem though and that was the congestion leaving the game. We left after the presentations from the western stand. Getting out of the actual stadium wasn't too bad, but once you got onto the southern plaza to try and get onto the footbridge it was gridlock. We were barely moving at all for about 25 minutes until we got onto the bridge. Will be walking up king William for packed games in the future unfortunately.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Curious, is the hill heritage listed? If not how long until they turn it into a 70,000 seat stadium, with both clubs having the membership numbers to fill it already.

Is there a 3rd set of change rooms for visiting sides, or do the away team use the non playing SA clubs rooms?

Real GF feel today watching it on the TV.

Looks like a world class venue, and being in the heart of the city, good times ahead for both cricket and footy in Adelaide.

Yes there is a 3rd set of change rooms. It is in the south east pocket of the ground (in the far right hand corner if you are watching it on tv)

Great day yesterday. My seat is in Tier 3 of the Riverbank Stand. Only a 5 metre walk to the bar from my seat :thumbsu:

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I find it pretty funny that people are concerned about being in a large crowd trying to catch public transport, but will happily sit in gridlock traffic instead - After sitting in a stadium with 50,000 other people

Hilarious last couple of pages in this thread

Port4556

Debutant
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes that's true , and 85% of people that go into the city think the same way it appears , about 15% use public transport , those that have no choice in the main .

Port4556

Debutant
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Those that follow the blindly follow the path set for them by those that supposedly know best without giving it to much thought , its ok for the priveledged to motor straight up to the grandstand , but we cant all do it so id better catch public transport as that's whats been planned for us lesser folk.

Just thinking, should Adelaide Oval get a louder siren? I for one could barely hear it at 3/4 time as the crowd was that loud.
If some couldn't hear it, isn't it plausible that we get another "Sirengate" situation? Therefore, shouldn't we fix it before everything goes to s**t?

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Just thinking, should Adelaide Oval get a louder siren? I for one could barely hear it at 3/4 time as the crowd was that loud.
If some couldn't hear it, isn't it plausible that we get another "Sirengate" situation? Therefore, shouldn't we fix it before everything goes to s**t?

I was thinking that too. Sounds similar to the ones most of the new/redeveloped grounds have these days (Metricon, Spotless, Simonds), and from memory the one at Metricon is very quiet too. They either need to turn up the volume, or grab the one from AAMI.

I was thinking that too. Sounds similar to the ones most of the new/redeveloped grounds have these days (Metricon, Spotless, Simonds), and from memory the one at Metricon is very quiet too. They either need to turn up the volume, or grab the one from AAMI.
AAMI's was the same.... But they put it over the speakers so it emanated around the ground.
Ever notice the slight delay when it went from soft to loud?
it kinda went brrr....BRRRRRRRRR. That was the .5 seconds for it to go over speakers.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
AAMI's was the same.... But they put it over the speakers so it emanated around the ground.
Ever notice the slight delay when it went from soft to loud?
it kinda went brrr....BRRRRRRRRR. That was the .5 seconds for it to go over speakers.

The siren was going through the PA system on Saturday as well.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's

I suspect the umpires now get it through their earphones.

Mar 1, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts F.C, GWS
Those that follow the blindly follow the path set for them by those that supposedly know best without giving it to much thought , its ok for the priveledged to motor straight up to the grandstand , but we cant all do it so id better catch public transport as that's whats been planned for us lesser folk.

Congratulations. This is the worst thing i've ever read on big footy.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
i think port4556 is expecting a stadium like that fox sports promo that had people arriving into the spot in the stadium in their pods.

there are enough car parks in walking distance to the AO for double the capacity, never mind the public transport. Adelaide has more car parking in the city than either Sydney or Melbourne.

as far as venues go.

yes Etihad has parking, $30 + more if you book in advance and it's 2500 places, bugger all really.

the MCG has 6000 spaces in Yarra park. $10 if you get there early enough. this falls to basically 0 car parks if it rains.

Olympic park in sydney has parking. $25 for event days and many of the spots are 1 - 1.5 km from the venues. they encourage the use of public transport and for big events many of the roads are closed.

the above three venues have enough car parking for about 10% of the stadium capacity within a 1km radius.

so in adelaide you have to cross a pond to get to the stadium and many of the available car parks are, 1, cheaper and 2, closer than what you get in Sydney and Melbourne.

pick your poison

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Yes that's true , and 85% of people that go into the city think the same way it appears , about 15% use public transport , those that have no choice in the main .

Thereby showing the the city is quite capable of handling lots of cars.

So what exactly are you complaining about? If you want to take the car in, you can park very close by.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Loved the ground. Spectacular inside and from the outside and the atmosphere it creates was electric. Only one problem though and that was the congestion leaving the game. We left after the presentations from the western stand. Getting out of the actual stadium wasn't too bad, but once you got onto the southern plaza to try and get onto the footbridge it was gridlock. We were barely moving at all for about 25 minutes until we got onto the bridge. Will be walking up king William for packed games in the future unfortunately.

Had the same problem during the cricket - albeit with limited exits out of the ground that day.

Shame they didn't make the bridge wider, I used Adelaide Bridge as well.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Had the same problem during the cricket - albeit with limited exits out of the ground that day.

Shame they didn't make the bridge wider, I used Adelaide Bridge as well.
Problem also lies with North Adelaide's council and the fact that people can't park there on game day, so are avoiding the area and heading back to the city. With 90%+ of the 50k heading in the one direction a wider bridge wouldn't make a great difference.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA system was really soft, could hardly hear the pre game stuff and yeah siren was almost non existent. .. I was on the hill so prob didn't help
The sound system is excellent in the southern and western stands and presumably the eastern stand. Agree with you about the siren though. I said to my mate that if this is a close game and the crowd's loud as the siren goes they're going to have trouble hearing it and we could witness York Park 2.0 ;)

Back