Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

After the game it's shocking. Will be using King William next week. To be expected as 90% of people are leaving to go in the same direction, a problem that is only made worse because of North Adelaide's shocking car park time limits imposed on game days.

I wonder how happy North Adelaide's many restaurants and pubs are with that. Would have thought they'd clean up with games at Adelaide Oval, but it's not going to be much good if people can't park there. No-one's going to park in the city and walk to North adelaide.

I wonder how happy North Adelaide's many restaurants and pubs are with that. Would have thought they'd clean up with games at Adelaide Oval, but it's not going to be much good if people can't park there. No-one's going to park in the city and walk to North adelaide.
Not happy. They vented their feelings after the Showdown

Was that the 'we're not snobs' article Anne Moron was trying to preach about the North Adelaide residents :D
This was just 9 news interviewing business owners in North Adelaide on the day of the Showdown. Think the snobs article was as a result of 6 North Adelaide residents complaining about soundwave or whatever music festival is in Bonython Park, which created backlash against North Adelaide folk. For the record she was one of the people who complained about the noise from the festival

Surely they will have to reconsider this decision as it's ridiculous having all of the parking options on the same side of the oval as all the public transport. It adds to the footbridge congestion at the same time as ensuring North Adelaide businesses will be deserted before and after matches.
They allow all-day parking for the cricket so why not for football? Some outdated notion about 'feral footy fans' or some rubbish probably.

Sydney
Brisbane
Perth
Darwin (lol) but it is free

Thanks for that, i didn't realise. Given Adelaide Oval is in the centre of the city, i would have thought public transport would be the logical choice for most commuters. If you want to drive, pay $120 a season to UPark for a reserved carpark. Is cheaper than the $15 a game down at AAMI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

minor point think the stadium is trying to be too personnel, pouring a single beerat a time is useless and crams up ques. Get with the times have the 4 beers poured at a time or the auto pourers i think they have them at the MCG now.

Hey football (soccer) fans, What do you guys think of the idea of Adelaide Oval showing Socceroos WC matches?? They can charge $2-$5 and turn on all the screens. It's during the footy season but nothing needs to be set-up on the ground. Everyone can sit in the stands.

I mentioned a while back that the lack of public/roll up car parking at or adjacent to AO is a prob , and is the only thing that could have been done better , or better planned for . There was a fair bit of derision by some , suggesting that I was miles of target and just whingeing, well both teams have played their first much promoted home games , perfect weather , big games , free public transport etc., and guess what ? , despite being sell outs only 50th and 47th respectively have turned up , 9th paid for tickets , that people didn't turn up in for in 2 weeks ! , this means a loss of revenue for all . not only that the nurses union spokesperson was on radio this week complaining about the lack of spaces nearby and the council's attitude to parking , basically backing my position. The sooner a multi story car park is built there , ( should of been in the plan from the beginning ) the better ,

Would be a regressive move.

Hey football (soccer) fans, What do you guys think of the idea of Adelaide Oval showing Socceroos WC matches?? They can charge $2-$5 and turn on all the screens. It's during the footy season but nothing needs to be set-up on the ground. Everyone can sit in the stands.

Why would you go to AO when there will be places in town that will show the Australia games live? IMO it wouldn't be that flash early winters morning outside.

Would be a great idea, but the timeslots are really bad to be sitting outside in the middle of winter (rain and under 5 C nights wouldn't be fun) - two of Australia's games start at 1:30am, and the last game against Spain starts at the friendlier time of 4:30am. You could turn on the two screens at the Southern plaza, put a bit of seating in and you also have the steps next to Memorial Drive Tennis centre, get some food vans and some large Gas Heaters, if its promoted well it would work, especially for the 4:30am game, I guess you would need a couple of thousand people to make it worthwhile though.

Do it for other games too, especially later in the tournament the Quarters, Semi's, Final etc start at 5:30 - 6:00am - so it could be a winner.

Think you've got your times mixed up slightly Justin. In the official WC preview magazine I have it lists the times as:

v Chile - 9am
v Netherlands - 3am
v Spain - 3am

These times are all EST so subtract half an hour for Adelaide time.

Not that these times help the situation much but the opening game against Chile would definitely be doable. I think setting up in the southern plaza would be better though. Would be very similar to Fed Square in Melbourne.

Would be a great idea, but the timeslots are really bad to be sitting outside in the middle of winter (rain and under 5 C nights wouldn't be fun) - two of Australia's games start at 1:30am, and the last game against Spain starts at the friendlier time of 4:30am. You could turn on the two screens at the Southern plaza, put a bit of seating in and you also have the steps next to Memorial Drive Tennis centre, get some food vans and some large Gas Heaters, if its promoted well it would work, especially for the 4:30am game, I guess you would need a couple of thousand people to make it worthwhile though.

Do it for other games too, especially later in the tournament the Quarters, Semi's, Final etc start at 5:30 - 6:00am - so it could be a winner.
Why would you go out and watch the game when the Soccerroos are going to get smashed? :)

Think you've got your times mixed up slightly Justin. In the official WC preview magazine I have it lists the times as:

v Chile - 9am
v Netherlands - 3am
v Spain - 3am

These times are all EST so subtract half an hour for Adelaide time.

Not that these times help the situation much but the opening game against Chile would definitely be doable. I think setting up in the southern plaza would be better though. Would be very similar to Fed Square in Melbourne.

Times are 7:30, 1:30 and 1:30 Adelaide Time according to the FIFA site

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

minor point think the stadium is trying to be too personnel, pouring a single beerat a time is useless and crams up ques. Get with the times have the 4 beers poured at a time or the auto pourers i think they have them at the MCG now.
They do have them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back