Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

People have been saying this on the Port board and I have copied my thoughts from there.

Adelaide will never need a stadium bigger than what we have now. We'll never get the Grand Final, so who gives a s**t? As the WA teams have shown, keeping up demand for tickets and then selling them at a premium is the way to go. In the NFL the biggest stadium over there holds 82,000 and that's in New York. Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, in a city of 10 million only holds 63,000. They only play 8 home games a year too. Adelaide does not need a stadium bigger than the current Adelaide Oval.

What a wonderful way of thinking. Deliberately limit ground capacities and price Australians out of taking their families to games of footy.

This isn't America. **** off.

Your point is valid, but that doesn't look like Beaver Stadium, at least in its current form.

Beaver-Stadium.jpg
Its looking from top to bottom of that photo.

I could have chosen just about any college stadium. The big house, the swamp, kyle field, the badgers etc
Etc. they are pretty much all the same

What a wonderful way of thinking. Deliberately limit ground capacities and price Australians out of taking their families to games of footy.

This isn't America. **** off.
Keeping demand high is great though. The AFL needs to expand to 22 teams one day so the fixture can get a lot fairer and just play everyone once a year (maybe with an extra round designed for rivalries if needs be). If things stay as they are a third team in Adelaide and Perth could do nicely.

Its looking from top to bottom of that photo.

I could have chosen just about any college stadium. The big house, the swamp, kyle field, the badgers etc
Etc. they are pretty much all the same
Georgia State?
UMass?
Tulane's old stadium?

Keeping demand high is great though. The AFL needs to expand to 22 teams one day so the fixture can get a lot fairer and just play everyone once a year (maybe with an extra round designed for rivalries if needs be). If things stay as they are a third team in Adelaide and Perth could do nicely.

Got a few U15 players you got your eye on, cos there aren't enough players of AFL standard to make up the 18 teams we've got. Maybe they are playing for Aberfeldie?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...talent-pool-hasnt-run-dry-20140603-zrwo4.html

'One day' eh !!!

October 17, Adelaide Oval will host Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory in the Friday Night Rd 2 Blockbuster and Uniteds first home game of Season 2014/15
Could be interesting on the hill that night. Two teams that pretty well hate each others guts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got tickets for the Port V Essendon game.

Ticketek :mad:

*Service/Delivery fee is a one-off fee per transaction $5.25
A payment processing fee from 1.95% will also apply for all purchases made by credit or debit card.

A payment processing fee from 1.95% will also apply for all purchases made by credit or debit card.
Mate when members get guests tickets we also get slugged $5 per transaction, either if we get them online or at the gate. On the bright side mate you will love the experience win or lose, it is a great stadium with a great atmosphere, esp at night!

October 17, Adelaide Oval will host Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory in the Friday Night Rd 2 Blockbuster and Uniteds first home game of Season 2014/15

hmm. I'll stay away from the hill that night I think.

More interested at the moment in getting season passes for the big bash league. Anyone know when they'll go on sale?

hmm. I'll stay away from the hill that night I think.

More interested at the moment in getting season passes for the big bash league. Anyone know when they'll go on sale?

Normally around September/October, shouldn't be too hard getting one. Good value as well. Will be good having access to the whole ground rather than having Southern and Northern end segregated.

It's ******* disgusting is what it is. Why the * is there a transaction fee when you print out the tickets yourself? Last year it was free, so what brought upon this sudden $5.25 fee? It's annoying how this issue has been ignored by the media who have been more focused on the AFL's prices with their ticketing categories.

huh?
There's been a fee for all of these transactions for years.
Ok, maybe not $5.25, I can swear it used to be $2.55, but Ticketek/Ticketmaster have had these fees (for all delivery methods) for a few years.

Hey lads,
just wondering if anyone was able to tell me where about the Ticketek venue collection outlet was?

I believe the tickets are collected outside the Eastern stand, but they could also be at the Northern/ Southern ends as well not sure. All I know is that as you're entering the Eastern gates there is a massive sign saying 'ticket collections' on the left hand side walking into the gates.

Hey lads,
just wondering if anyone was able to tell me where about the Ticketek venue collection outlet was?

Event day
Ticket counters are located on the Southern Plaza and the North Gate (access from Pennington Terrace). From late March 2014, a ticket office will also be located at the East Gate.

People with mobility impairments who intend to buy or collect tickets on the day of the event are advised to telephone 1300 665 915 for further details on queuing and car parking arrangements.

For further ticket information on accessible seating, companion card and concession bookings, please phone 1300 665 915.

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/110/ticketing.aspx

huh?
There's been a fee for all of these transactions for years.
Ok, maybe not $5.25, I can swear it used to be $2.55, but Ticketek/Ticketmaster have had these fees (for all delivery methods) for a few years.
You sure? I don't recall any transaction fee last year when I purchased away Showdown tickets.

I am an "Essential Power" member with an unreserved ticket to the Western Stand. I am thinking about going on the waitlist for the Adelaide Oval footy membership so I can go to some Crows games as well.

Two questions: 1. do any existing AO Footy Members think it is worth the $500 per year (plus joining fees etc), and
2. how long is the wait likely to be? Are we probably talking next year, or when I retire in 20 years, or somewhere in between?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back