News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

If those 1 million people going through the turnstiles spent, on average, $9, then there's the $9 million covered and we're just past the halfway mark of the season.

Considering that every person I speak to about AO is already saying that they've spent much more at each game than they normally would, (my ballpark average for spend at a game would be around $50-$80 on food and drinks), that average spend of $9 is more than realistic.

Cricket crowds are part of that 1 million people and average spend there would be >>>>$9/person.

Exactly. The profits they'd be making on F&B would be insane.

$9 million to train staff and buy stock? Is he ******* serious? the "stock" would have sold 14 times over at 300% mark up. These guys are lying, cheating scumbags!

They won't be needing $9 million to train 1800 staff every year. Would surely be a one-off.

Olsen just comes across as a thieving bastard so it's difficult to believe anything he says.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/06/25/4032561.htm

According to this article, the SMA are still not earning enough money from match day to cover costs...

On a side note, what time pre match will the 26041st fan go through the turnstiles and score the AUDI club tickets??

I need to time my run!!! LOL!!!
I sit right next to Audi club, full of clueless non footy fans at Port games, gawd knows what the crow ones will be like.

No the stadium deal returns are better. A stadium deal returns include all revenue streams and we have a lot better deal and access to more revenue streams at AO than footy park.

What isn't any better at AO is matchday revenue from food and beverage sales and the 2 clubs having to bear all costs associated with matchday.

Do we get anything ?

Discussion has been all profits go to the SMA

Do we get anything ?

Discussion has been all profits go to the SMA
We don't know.
Going full circle we know we received only $35,000 with 52,000 at the R2 Showdown. Since then we've heard a thousand variations on where all the match-day revenue at AO is diverted to. That shady crunt* John Olsen was on the ABC's Radio 891 morning show the other day (image below) explaining where the SMA financial obligations cut into what they can provide to Port and the bovines.

Scrooge-Porpoise.jpg

* it is with sorrow but with understanding that I accept my 2 week ban

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$9 million to train staff and buy stock? Is he ******* serious? the "stock" would have sold 14 times over at 300% mark up. These guys are lying, cheating scumbags!

lol 9 million to train staff who are already experienced operators straight from AAMI, it would take them a few hours to learn the new touch screen system on the job.

As for stock, the biggest dick smith store in australia holds 1.3 million in stock, I can't believe that the drinks and food would be anything close to 9 million.

..... As for stock, the biggest dick smith store in australia holds 1.3 million in stock, I can't believe that the drinks and food would be anything close to 9 million.
That's why all the Balfours' products are stale. At the start of the season Wee Licker bought 10 years of stock.

The hilarious thing is that when i bought my first beer at the Showdown the girl didn't know how to open it. Yes I am serious.

Then once I told her she needed a bottle opener it took her upwards of 2 minutes to find one.

#training #snouts

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/06/25/4032561.htm

According to this article, the SMA are still not earning enough money from match day to cover costs...

On a side note, what time pre match will the 26041st fan go through the turnstiles and score the AUDI club tickets??

I need to time my run!!! LOL!!!

Well that $9mil mainly for stock must have been for the test match. The test was in December so they would have had to borrow for that. That stock would have been replaced and profits made so how much is due to cricket and how much due to footy? Need the auditor general to ask that question and report on the answer.

The hilarious thing is that when i bought my first beer at the Showdown the girl didn't know how to open it. Yes I am serious.

Then once I told her she needed a bottle opener it took her upwards of 2 minutes to find one.

#training #snouts

She was literally like 'i'm 12 and what is this?'

I am surprised Olsen hasn't privatised the whole thing :rolleyes:... Why would you carry the costs for everything and not lease out the business avenues with a simular deal the Supermarkets/shopping centres do ? (maybe they already do this, have not seen the ins and outs of the agreement) Unless their is a very good return for operating things yourself.

Typical basic agreement with a Mall/Shopping centre
1>Charge rent
2>Take a % of takings
3>Have them refit the buildings every 3 years
4>Train their own staff
5> Etc.

Is it being managed this way or are the SMA running the whole gig ?

No rent is charged. Its not a set up like a shop. I have just reposted the definition of clean stadium and other stuff from the WA Major Stadia Taskforce in the Stadium Deals thread. I think its appropriate to repeat part of that post here.

Potential Sources of Revenues / Costs associated with Major Venue Operations

Venuerevenues-1.jpg

F&B = Food and Beverage​

Similarly, the owner and hirers face a range of costs associated with owning and operating / hiring the venue. Table 1, above, provides an overview of the different revenue and cost sources associated with major venue operations and the general allocation of such items between the venue owner and hirer.

While there are some generally accepted industry benchmarks for rental levels and cost apportionment, such as a 15% rental plus venue related event costs, it is rare that any rental arrangement is this simplistic and will depend on the facilities available to the hirer to sell, the size of the venue, and the competition between venues. Ultimately the revenue share between the hirer and the owner is the outcome of negotiations, where the deal may be made in a number of different ways to provide return and risk and incentive for both parties, recognising that rather than an owner and hirer relationship this is actually a partnership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back