News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

Ford Fairlane no pit for the Stones - the geriatrics are all sitting down. ......
They had warnings against moshing and crowd surfing on the AO big screens before the concert began.

I was in the seated area on the oval surface and I don't believe there weren't many, if any, people sitting down once the Stones came on stage.

Last edited:

They had warnings against moshing and crowd surfing on the AO big screens before the concert began.

I was in the seated area on the oval surface and I don't believe there were many, if any, people sitting down once the Stones came on stage.

How far back were you wharfie, and did people in the first 20 metres or so stand up for most of the night??

There was a pit behind those chairs. It was large enough to hold 15,000 people. (So I believe) Regardless it was the best concert that I have ever attended.

Are you talking about the area behind the wicket about 100m from stage and where the green yellow plastic protection mats were behind the fence? The Boss' pit is the first 15-20m from stage. He feeds of it - he cant handle people up front sitting down at both his indoor and stadium shows.

B0yzNhPCUAA6eJV.jpg:large

How far back were you wharfie, and did people in the first 20 metres or so stand up for most of the night??
stones.jpg

That should have been "there weren't many, if any, people sitting down once the Stones came on stage". From what I could tell every one was standing.

I laughed when Leon Bignell revealed that the North Adelaide Residents (TM) demanded that the concert finish at 10.30pm. They were told the government decided how long the concert could go, not the NARs. He passed this information onto Jagger and at 10.30 the Stones played You Can't Always Get What You Want.

If you were there and this may not be entirely accurate please do not contradict this story as it is too good to be apocryphal.

I laughed when Leon Bignell revealed that the North Adelaide Residents (TM) demanded that the concert finish at 10.30pm. They were told the government decided how long the concert could go, not the NARs. He passed this information onto Jagger and at 10.30 the Stones played You Can't Always Get What You Want.

If you were there and this may not be entirely accurate please do not contradict this story as it is too good to be apocryphal.
I was there and it came on around 10:30 as the first song in the encore.

If the Boss plays AO he will have to start at 7-00pm and will still play for 20-30 minutes after the curfew.

If the Boss plays AO he will have to start at 7-00pm and will still play for 20-30 minutes after the curfew.

Let's see if they can bring on their wrecking ball :p

Or maybe The Boss will play another Aussie classic

Are we ever gonna stop at 10.30
No way, get ****ed, **** off

142638-anne-moran.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair walking sticks and mobility walkers can cause some grief :p ....don't want to fracture a hip:eek:

Bob Francis on his ****ing non-speed-governed gopher was the most dangerous man in North Adelaide for a while there. Nearly ran me over three times in O'Connell St (and made a fourth attempt on James Place in town). Not sure where the old campaigner is these days. Probably ran a ****ing red light while speeding and lost his gopher license.

I was there and it came on around 10:30 as the first song in the encore.

Where did you sit? What was the sound like. Did the SMA jack up their prices for the night?

Bob Francis on his ****ing non-speed-governed gopher was the most dangerous man in North Adelaide for a while there. Nearly ran me over three times in O'Connell St (and made a fourth attempt on James Place in town). Not sure where the old campaigner is these days. Probably ran a ****ing red light while speeding and lost his gopher license.

I've seen him barrelling down O'Connell within the past couple of weeks.

Where did you sit? What was the sound like. Did the SMA jack up their prices for the night?
Way back in the eastern stands - section 533, row V. The sound varied between crap and below average from where I was sitting. I bought a bucket o'chips for $5 which was the same price as at the footy, but not sure across the board.

Way back in the eastern stands - section 533, row V. The sound varied between crap and below average from where I was sitting. I bought a bucket o'chips for $5 which was the same price as at the footy, but not sure across the board.

What did you pay for your ticket and do you reckon you got value for money? Not making a comment on the Stones just trying to get idea if its a good venue for international acts to play and good for the crowd if you dont get a ticket up close.

What did you pay for your ticket and do you reckon you got value for money? Not making a comment on the Stones just trying to get idea if its a good venue for international acts to play and good for the crowd if you dont get a ticket up close.
Probably too much - around $170-ish from memory. They were alright, but I'm not the biggest Stones fan so take my "value for money" perspective with a grain of salt. I went to tick the box. Having said that, Mick Jagger still has it for a bloke in his 70's. Before that, the last big concert I went to was Muse at the Entertainment Centre. I'm even less of a Muse fan, but enjoyed that a lot more.

NARs are hilarious. We often had crazy North Adelaide residents ring up our office to complain the day after an event to complain about the loud noise and the doof doof. And the hooligans. And people driving on their streets. And cars parked.

All that said - as someone who's worked with Adelaide City Council on Adelaide Oval music concerts before, I'm not convinced. ;)

I hear you - I worked as a home carer regularly visiting a client in North Adelaide - around 2009 in a street off Wellington square I often had Bob coming at me in the mornings in his gopher as I crossed the road! He was driving down the middle of the street! Thus we regularly exchanged greetings of '* you'...lol

I was scarred ...

One night I dreamt I was working as his carer and when lifting him into bed with a lifter machine one of his legs fell off!

Last edited:
NARs are hilarious. We often had crazy North Adelaide residents ring up our office to complain the day after an event to complain about the loud noise and the doof doof. And the hooligans. And people driving on their streets. And cars parked.

All that said - as someone who's worked with Adelaide City Council on Adelaide Oval music concerts before, I'm not convinced. ;)

I'm a long term north adelaide resident - I don't even hear/notice the planes flying over my roof anymore and that happens every few minutes each day of the bloody year... so WTF are those few idiots complaining about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back