Adelaide Oval Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rucci filled some space in the Advertiser today celebrating the 99th day of the AO review. I know there's an AO thread already but it's been hijacked with Rolling Stones tragics. Has anyone heard any whispers about what is going on. I'm keen to know if Trigg is actually involved because it was Fagan being quoted in the Rucci article, but sadly it was pretty light on. Although he did let us know that they're very keen to keep it all behind closed doors.

Rucci filled some space in the Advertiser today celebrating the 99th day of the AO review. I know there's an AO thread already but it's been hijacked with Rolling Stones tragics. Has anyone heard any whispers about what is going on. I'm keen to know if Trigg is actually involved because it was Fagan being quoted in the Rucci article, but sadly it was pretty light on. Although he did let us know that they're very keen to keep it all behind closed doors.
I remember hearing a rumour that Trigg would be involved with our oval deal. I hope Fages tell him to FO and he deals with it himself. I don't want that disgrace anywhere near our oval deal.

I remember hearing a rumour that Trigg would be involved with our oval deal. I hope Fages tell him to FO and he deals with it himself. I don't want that disgrace anywhere near our oval deal.

Rucci did mention that Trigg was working at another club, but nothing about whether he'd returned to assist. When Triggy transferred to Carlton, Gill stated that Triggy would still be required to assist the AFC in the review. Obviously, it would be rank stupidity to have a direct competitor negotiate one of your most important financial relationships on your behalf. At the time, I wasn't sure if the AFL/AFC (Chapman) had reached that new low or whether it was just typical spin designed to allay Carlton supporter fears that Trigg is an incompetent fool and to prove to the pathetic agitators that he is truly highly regarded.

I doubt Trigg will be having anymore involvement with Afc including the oval review with the new administration.

Another Rooch paper filler article - perhaps he should leave for Italy early this year, as really struggling...

I doubt Trigg will be having anymore involvement with Afc including the oval review with the new administration.

Another Rooch paper filler article - perhaps he should leave for Italy early this year, as really struggling...

I have probably been guilty of talking about the cockroach's articles, one day even stating his article may be considered troll behaviour.

I dont respect him as a fair unbiased journo (I even use that term loosely with him) I am tired of the deliberate systematic attempt to ridicule the AFC brand.

No matter what happens next year he will spin it to make it sound as if it is undeserved. Soft draw, defection of Walsh etc etc used as weapons to defend that we were fortunate should we play finals next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-30/where-does-the-money-go

Newly appointed Adelaide CEO Andrew Fagan has only recently taken over from Trigg at the negotiation table and echoed the sentiment of his Port Adelaide counterpart.

Apart from the Australian cricket team, in 2014 the Crows averaged the highest home crowd of any side, in any sport, in the country.

The club would like to see its share of revenue at Adelaide Oval reflect that status.

"The review is certainly not complete, the result of the move to Adelaide Oval hasn't delivered what we'd expect … it's not an acceptable outcome as it is," he said.

I love the language this guy uses. How much clearer can he be? "it's not an acceptable outcome as it is". The Oxygen Thief would never have said that, he'd have weaseled out of any kind of comment.

And there's only the national team of our national summer sport in front of us. O yeah baby.

I love the language this guy uses. How much clearer can he be? "it's not an acceptable outcome as it is". The Oxygen Thief would never have said that, he'd have weaseled out of any kind of comment.

And there's only the national team of our national summer sport in front of us. O yeah baby.

Even the cricket team statistic shocked me. Is there average really over 48,000?
Other than the Boxing Day test, none of the other venues hold 50,000.

This is something we have to get right. I do think it will be difficult as the original agreement, I believe was flawed and biased in favor of the Stadium Management Authority and it's partners. Now that we and Port are independent entities we should make sure the Port bias is removed as well and we get the financial reward commensurate with the income we generate.

If the AFL continue to gift Port with he more favorable time slots which make it easier to fill the Oval, I hope Adelaide argue that us filling the Oval in 'off-peak' times should be rewarded even more.

Was refreshing to hear your CEO finally call out the SANFL and SMA for what they are.

Trigg let Port do all the work on this and refused to spit on Olsen and Whicker, even when he was bleeding you dry. With your crowds, you should be at the absolute top of the tree when it comes to Club revenue, instead of sitting amongst the has-beens and also-rans.

Looks like we finally have a competent ally in Fagan.

Was refreshing to hear your CEO finally call out the SANFL and SMA for what they are.

Trigg let Port do all the work on this and refused to spit on Olsen and Whicker, even when he was bleeding you dry. With your crowds, you should be at the absolute top of the tree when it comes to Club revenue, instead of sitting amongst the has-beens and also-rans.

Looks like we finally have a competent ally in Fagan.
In all that you wrote the word competent is most important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the cricket team statistic shocked me. Is there average really over 48,000?
Other than the Boxing Day test, none of the other venues hold 50,000.

Ashes last summer, multiple days everywhere sold out, India this year would be interesting to note.

I stopped reading Rucci articles for about a year. I read one (early on in the trade period this year), and the second I finish there's a car crash on the street behind me, with a car spinning out and going through the door of a café. Never again will I read a Rucci article. They bring pain and suffering to not only the reader but those around them.

Rucci loves counting. Wonder how many abacuses he has at home. Or is it abaci? Does he have an abacus to count how many abaci he has? The mond boggles.

Look.. I'm not trying to defend Trigg but, has it occurred to anybody here (Trigg haters mainly) that Trigg may have tried to do the right thing for the AFC?
At least in regard to the move to the AO?
The fact that he was reluctant to agree to the move to the AO may have very well have been because of the deal not being finalised nor good enough for the AFC.
Why move from AAMI and the centre if the bottom line profit was not going to be any better. The only team (as it appears now) to gain anything at all was the power. So, why not be out of it until he could get a better deal.
Many of you complained because he didn't support the move, and now you are complaining that he did not get a better deal for the club.
He was railroaded into it by the government and the ASANFL and now, all at once, he is the dick head that approved the deal.

Look.. I'm not trying to defend Trigg but, has it occurred to anybody here (Trigg haters mainly) that Trigg may have tried to do the right thing for the AFC?
At least in regard to the move to the AO?
The fact that he was reluctant to agree to the move to the AO may have very well have been because of the deal not being finalised nor good enough for the AFC.
Why move from AAMI and the centre if the bottom line profit was not going to be any better. The only team (as it appears now) to gain anything at all was the power. So, why not be out of it until he could get a better deal.
Many of you complained because he didn't support the move, and now you are complaining that he did not get a better deal for the club.
He was railroaded into it by the government and the ASANFL and now, all at once, he is the dick head that approved the deal.
He just should've gone for keeping the Tippet contract under his hat regardless.

I would say this: many people accuse Trigg of working for the SANFL, but have any of you thought that maybe he did? Literally? The sanfl owned the whole shebang, perhaps he needed to keep the masters happy because it was his job?

With regards to Fagan, like everyone I love hearing him talk straight. Using words like unacceptable, and sticking his marker down in the sand. trigg would never upset the higher ups.

The talk is great and as a supporter it's what you want to hear. But only if he change the outcome. But I don't want to only hear that it's unacceptable, I want to see it become acceptable. Without that it's just talk.

So far so good though

I would say this: many people accuse Trigg of working for the SANFL, but have any of you thought that maybe he did? Literally? The sanfl owned the whole shebang, perhaps he needed to keep the masters happy because it was his job?

With regards to Fagan, like everyone I love hearing him talk straight. Using words like unacceptable, and sticking his marker down in the sand. trigg would never upset the higher ups.

The talk is great and as a supporter it's what you want to hear. But only if he change the outcome. But I don't want to only hear that it's unacceptable, I want to see it become acceptable. Without that it's just talk.

So far so good though
Have we been so blinded by the SANFL influence? And how many sanfl staff are working for for the SMA

So far so good though
I agree with you on this.

SANFL owned the license.
They appointed the board.
They set the KPIs.
Trigg answered to the SANFL.

I agree with you on this.

SANFL owned the license.
They appointed the board.
They set the KPIs.
Trigg answered to the SANFL.
So was is it more Whicker than Chapman who ultimately saved Trigg after Tippet-gate...

We are definitely getting screwed by the government as well as the SMA. This public transport fee is a disgrace. We are all going to be paying $25 for a 11 game season ticket or $50 for a AO 22 game membership. Whether we use public transport or not!!

This is typical of the Labor Government, they have been basically bankrupt for years and from next year on they will be taxing any event with over 5000 people attending for public transport even if there isnt any extra PT to the event! So you could buy a ticket to a concert in the Barossa and 6000 are predicted to turn up and pay this transport tax even though you cannot catch a bus/train there!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back