News Adelaide sacks Brendon Sanderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the Adelaide Football club have done it again!

Brenton Sanderson sacked. Some suggestion he had lost the support of the senior players, but it sure knocked me for six.

A big surprise? Or Justified? For me it was the former.

Well the Adelaide Football club have done it again!

Brenton Sanderson sacked. Some suggestion he had lost the support of the senior players, but it sure knocked me for six.

A big surprise? Or Justified? For me it was the former.
It's not a big surprise if you live in Adelaide. Perhaps the timing of it is a bit surprising, but the fact that it happened is not. I've heard a lot of rumblings around this town that things weren't rosey in Crowville.

Coaching... would have to be one of the most stressful jobs out there, you would have more job security selling panda bear skins. I mean look at our coach, 1st,6th,2nd,3rd during transition years and yet still some fans believe we should sack him.

Goodwin now has a massive decision to make - Roos' understudy at Melbourne or Adelaide.

I must say on paper Adeliaide looked great but they underperformed. Sando s probably finished as a senior coach.

Gerard Whately says:

"I know this was driven by the leadership group. I know they expressed a view that Sanderson didn't hold the line that they had put in place for the year, in the way that he prepared the team, in the way that they reviewed games, in the way that he instructed them and relationships, some relationships, steadily broke down over the course of the year."

That's surprising really, but something had to be up with that team because on paper they looked like a top 8 team yet they couldn't get it done. Feel for Sando because I thought he was a decent coach. But with talk of Dangerfield possibly going next year maybe they decided to put a new coach in place that will make him reconsider. Of course I know it's not all about Paddy, but it may have been a consideration when the Board were making their decision. Tough job being a senior AFL Coach.

Gerard Whately says:

"I know this was driven by the leadership group. I know they expressed a view that Sanderson didn't hold the line that they had put in place for the year, in the way that he prepared the team, in the way that they reviewed games, in the way that he instructed them and relationships, some relationships, steadily broke down over the course of the year."
But what does all that mean and who is on their leadership group and how come they run the club?

FTFY.

And you don't finish that high in "transition" years.

that's still a good record though when you also put into the perspective the many injuries and retirements we've had since the premiership.

2012 - Varcoe, Vardy, Menzel, Simpson all injured for the year. Ling, Milburn, Mooney, Ottens retired while Ablett went North.
2013 - McCarthy, Menzel, Simpson, McIntosh, Rivers, Vardy, Varcoe, Chapman all injured or missed large chunks of the year. Corey, Hunt, Podsiadly, Chapman retired/traded.
2014 - Kersten, Caddy, Christensen, Simpson, Vardy, Burbury, Menzel, Brown, McCarthy, Hunt injured or missed large chunks of the year again.

Be wonderful to only have a few minor injuries for the whole year but we've been copping injuries to players who were suppose to debut a lot earlier than what they have. Key position players that would have notched up 30 or more senior games by now. Scott's done very well with what he's had at his disposal.
If Vardy, Simpson, Kersten, McCarthy, Christensen can remain healthy for all of 2015, we will finally get an idea of what Scott had envisioned with these blokes topping up those spots on the ground we have looked vulnerable in for a number of seasons now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's still a good record though when you also put into the perspective the many injuries and retirements we've had since the premiership.

2012 - Varcoe, Vardy, Menzel, Simpson all injured for the year. Ling, Milburn, Mooney, Ottens retired while Ablett went North.
2013 - McCarthy, Menzel, Simpson, McIntosh, Rivers, Vardy, Varcoe, Chapman all injured or missed large chunks of the year. Corey, Hunt, Podsiadly, Chapman retired/traded.
2014 - Kersten, Caddy, Christensen, Simpson, Vardy, Burbury, Menzel, Brown, McCarthy, Hunt injured or missed large chunks of the year again.

Be wonderful to only have a few minor injuries for the whole year but we've been copping injuries to players who were suppose to debut a lot earlier than what they have. Key position players that would have notched up 30 or more senior games by now. Scott's done very well with what he's had at his disposal.
If Vardy, Simpson, Kersten, McCarthy, Christensen can remain healthy for all of 2015, we will finally get an idea of what Scott had envisioned with these blokes topping up those spots on the ground we have lacked in for a number of seasons now.

I think you're lost. Perspective thread?

It's disgusting I just can't believe how racist people are over there in that state

Sanderson Geelong Assistant Coach 2015. Dangerfield joins him. Cats midfield at centre bounces Selwood, Dangerfield & Caddy...Looks stunning but won't happen sadly :(

yeh sorry, went off topic a bit but was pointing out to biggy that Scott's dealt with an extensive injury list during most of his tenure as coach.
So hopefully he gets a better run next year.

No problem, I genuinely thought you accidentally posted to the wrong thread. I wasn't trying to police the conversation.

Would love to see Sando come back as a key assistant to Scotty. He might be in the running for the Gold Coast job in the next couple of days. They've got a big decision to make on McKenna.

Gerard Whately says:

Sounds like some epic sooking and Sando too nice to get them to HTFU to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back