News Adelaide sacks Brendon Sanderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanderson Geelong Assistant Coach 2015. Dangerfield joins him. Cats midfield at centre bounces Selwood, Dangerfield & Caddy...Looks stunning but won't happen sadly :(
Isn't part of the problem that Dangerfield doesn't like Sanderson? So having Sando as an assistant coach when we're trying to lure Dangerfield is akin to offering Gazza a contract extension while trying lure Bomber :D:p

Isn't part of the problem that Dangerfield doesn't like Sanderson? So having Sando as an assistant coach when we're trying to lure Dangerfield is akin to offering Gazza a contract extension while trying lure Bomber :D:p
Nah danger apparently very close with Sando , so the sacking might have the opposite effect more than anything.

Fwiw I reckon he'll stay

Ricciuto - who owns a hotel in Adelaide with the club's three biggest stars in Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane and Taylor Walker - is still considered royalty at West Lakes and is best mates with the early favourite to replace Sanderson, Simon Goodwin.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/why-was-sanderson-axed
Makes it sound a bit too much "Essendon" or "Fremantle" to me. The Inconvenient Coach. Well, I hope they get their just desserts- slide even further down the ladder- and that Sando gets picked up by someone else and flourishes.

Surprised a bit. I can see all sides of the argument really. Has had a bad run with key injuries/departures and draft suspensions. However I can't lie in that I've worried about what I've heard from him at times this year and he seemed like he was losing the plot bit.

Makes it sound a bit too much "Essendon" or "Fremantle" to me. The Inconvenient Coach. Well, I hope they get their just desserts- slide even further down the ladder- and that Sando gets picked up by someone else and flourishes.
Mark Ricciuto joined the club's board earlier this year to try and help make Adelaide competitive on and off the field again, according to Mark Ricciuto. The reality is though, Adelaide has been severely embarrassed by Port's dramatic turnaround in fortunes with Kochi and Hinkley at the helm, and this has resulted in Roo joining the board almost out of frustration, with the intention of throwing his weight around. In time, we'll all be clearer on whether this was a rash and ill-measured decision, or a master stroke.

Sando had no balanced time at AFC.

Soft draw early puts them high on ladder.

Then Tippett drama and sanctions. Then Tex does his knee. They were thereabouts but just never got going.

Will be interesting to see what the leadership group decision means - in that Sando has lost the playing group. You have to wonder how much of that was natural fact and how much was fanned by Roo and Co inspiring them.

As for Danger and us, its really going to depend whether Danger's comments about loving Sando from May still hold water or not.

If the affinity is gone, then getting Sando back to Geelong is a moot point in relation to Danger. Perhaps better Sando is not here.
However, if it was a Leadership group decision that Danger did not love but went along with.. the door opens a little more…

GO Catters

I feel for Sando but at least I can go back to hating the feral cow filth without any guilt. :D

They never deserved someone like Sando, hope they languish down the bottom of the ladder for the next decade or so. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Ricciuto joined the club's board earlier this year to try and help make Adelaide competitive on and off the field again, according to Mark Ricciuto. The reality is though, Adelaide has been severely embarrassed by Port's dramatic turnaround in fortunes with Kochi and Hinkley at the helm, and this has resulted in Roo joining the board almost out of frustration, with the intention of throwing his weight around. In time, we'll all be clearer on whether this was a rash and ill-measured decision, or a master stroke.

The bolded bit, I reckon, is the nub of the issue. From my distant view it seems the only people Adelaide supporters hate more than Victorians is Port Adelaide. I'd love to hear what Pods has to say about all this.

The bolded bit, I reckon, is the nub of the issue. From my distant view it seems the only people Adelaide supporters hate more than Victorians is Port Adelaide. I'd love to hear what Pods has to say about all this.
That is true. You know how much we Geelong supporters hate Hawthorn? Yeah, well Adelaide supporters hate Port more!

Nah danger apparently very close with Sando

This is not what is coming out. Sure he may not hate Sando, but Paddy was one of the guys instrumental in approaching the Board and asking for Sando to be sacked. Think of that as you will, but that's not the act of someone who's very close.

I agree. paddy will feel he has too much invested in Adelaide to leave them. If they make the 8 next year that will make it even harder for him to leave.

Same situation as Travis Boak. I sincerely think we actually HAD him - until that bloody Kochie got on board at Port and landed Kenny Hinkley and the belief about the place went from negative numbers into the stratosphere.

It's more than possible that Dangerfield's future may hinge on who is the next coach of Adelaide.

Same situation as Travis Boak. I sincerely think we actually HAD him - until that bloody Kochie got on board at Port and landed Kenny Hinkley and the belief about the place went from negative numbers into the stratosphere.

It's more than possible that Dangerfield's future may hinge on who is the next coach of Adelaide.
I thought we lost Boak because Port offered him the captaincy, that was their trump card.

This is not what is coming out. Sure he may not hate Sando, but Paddy was one of the guys instrumental in approaching the Board and asking for Sando to be sacked. Think of that as you will, but that's not the act of someone who's very close.
Danger is part of the leadership group. If the majority of players wanted Sando out, surely he has to present a united front with the leadership group and approach the board? Or would it have been better if he abstained from doing so?

As Malthouse says there's a bullet flying around with all the coaches names on it. They must know that when they take it on. Sando can take a year off to enjoy part of his $1.4m payout knowing he'll get plenty of offers for assistant roles.

Danger is part of the leadership group. If the majority of players wanted Sando out, surely he has to present a united front with the leadership group and approach the board? Or would it have been better if he abstained from doing so?
You miss the point, it's being widely reported that Paddy was doing most of the talking when the leadership group approached the board. I'm not saying this means Paddy hates Sando, but why are people finding it hard to believe Paddy wasn't an instigator of this? He was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back