Opinion adelaide schools

Remove this Banner Ad

I am fairly certain that my education at Salisbury East High School was far more economically efficient than anything these flash schools could dish up :thumbsu:

Salisbury East High School reminds me of this TV show.

Breaking-Bad.jpg

bigschoolfees.com

I am in Shanghai. My school charges 200,000RMB for 2 year olds ( that's right -not year 2!) which is about AU$36,000 a year. Year 12 is about 240,000 RMB a year ($43,000). This is not a boarding school either!
A local school (for local Chinese kids only) up the road charges about 370,000RMB ( about $66,000 a year).

Did I hear someone say ...'but how can they do that?' The answer is easy .... because they can!

Unless you actually know China, and Shanghai in particular, you could not possibly fathom the wealth that is here! It is 'shakes head' stuff.

I could fill pages here. Lamborghini, Mazerati, Ferrari. etc etc are so yesterday. In our little area the race is on to buy a Maybach - any Maybach. New day - new car. So many stories...

I am fairly certain that my education at Salisbury East High School was far more economically efficient than anything these flash schools could dish up :thumbsu:

Agree.

I went to Salisbury East and have 2 university degrees.

Couldn't have done me any harm and saved my rent' a stack of cash.

he joins Pembroke alumni Angus Monfries and George Horlin-Smith in the AFL. Any others?

when I went there we were regularly smashed by the NTTAWWTters down the road

Jace Bode spent a couple of years on Melbourne's rookie list, played a couple of games.

Nick Duigan is a Pembroke grad.

I'm also reliably informed that Lewis Johnston attended Pembroke for a couple of years but didn't graduate from there.

As previously mentioned Alex Forster was also a Pembroke grad.

bahahahahah that's hilarious.
BTW I grew up in the country and went to a state high school. About as far away from Saints as you can get!
Look I'm not sure what you have against this school, but your comments are incredibly ignorant.

This is not the time or place - but you can trust me when I tell you that you have absolutely no clue what your talking about - best we all stick to footy I think

Jace Bode spent a couple of years on Melbourne's rookie list, played a couple of games.

Nick Duigan is a Pembroke grad.

I'm also reliably informed that Lewis Johnston attended Pembroke for a couple of years but didn't graduate from there.

As previously mentioned Alex Forster was also a Pembroke grad.

You are correct on Johnston - as far as I know he boarded from Port Pirie for a year (maybe) but I heard he didn't really fit in at school too well so headed elsewhere.

Look I'm not sure what you have against this school, but your comments are incredibly ignorant.

This is not the time or place - but you can trust me when I tell you that you have absolutely no clue what your talking about - best we all stick to footy I think

I wondered how long it would tie for you to really bite!

I know the education system in Adelaide very well. Pembroke actually is a very good school, I was just stirring. Their academic results are outstanding - it is helped by their girls who outperform boys massively thanks to the Old women who run education now, but outstanding nonetheless.

In my opinion for all-round education
St Peters
Pembroke
Pulteney
Westminster
Sacred Heart
Scotch
PAC

Anyway enough of that, back to the football talk!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the education system in Adelaide very well. Pembroke actually is a very good school, I was just stirring. Their academic results are outstanding - it is helped by their girls who outperform boys massively thanks to the Old women who run education now, but outstanding nonetheless.

St Peters
Pembroke
Pulteney
Westminster
Sacred Heart
Scotch
PAC

I'm confused.

Is this the list of Crows preseason training grounds?

St Peters
Pembroke
Pulteney
Westminster
Sacred Heart
Scotch
PAC

I guess we best take the silver and run with it then :p

Agree.

I went to Salisbury East and have 2 university degrees.

Couldn't have done me any harm and saved my rent' a stack of cash.
Private schools are overrated! I went to Adelaide High School, got double degree and doing well professionally. Its more about the person, their character and their upbringing than school. Have known a lot of private school kids who have gone off the rails and a lot of public schools kids who have done well for themselves. The cost of sending kids to private schools does not come close to gaining the benefits.

Private schools are overrated! I went to Adelaide High School, got double degree and doing well professionally. Its more about the person, their character and their upbringing than school. Have known a lot of private school kids who have gone off the rails and a lot of public schools kids who have done well for themselves. The cost of sending kids to private schools does not come close to gaining the benefits.

Yep, it's the drive in the person and the motivation they bring to their learning.

Private schools help motivated kids learn as they don't have the interruptions from idiot kids who's main aim is only to disrupt everyone else.

If a kid has motivation and drive, they will succeed in any environment.

Disagree. It's a different world today, and unfortunately state schools (in Qld) are all about helping our girls to achieve. Great! but our Boys get left behind. Moved our lad to private boys in year 5. Best thing we ever did. The curriculum is incredibly rounded putting equal importance on all aspects - academic, arts and sports. Hubby and I are both state school backgrounds, both with post grad degrees. It was not what we'd planned (private schooling) but it was absolutely the right thing to do.

I am in Shanghai. My school charges 200,000RMB for 2 year olds ( that's right -not year 2!) which is about AU$36,000 a year. Year 12 is about 240,000 RMB a year ($43,000). This is not a boarding school either!
A local school (for local Chinese kids only) up the road charges about 370,000RMB ( about $66,000 a year).

Did I hear someone say ...'but how can they do that?' The answer is easy .... because they can!

Unless you actually know China, and Shanghai in particular, you could not possibly fathom the wealth that is here! It is 'shakes head' stuff.

I could fill pages here. Lamborghini, Mazerati, Ferrari. etc etc are so yesterday. In our little area the race is on to buy a Maybach - any Maybach. New day - new car. So many stories...

Any chance you need a personal assistant? *bags packed*

That's my mail. I see Harold Larwood is on the same path.

I've no doubt slipping to 24 in the rookie draft will inform his new understanding of where he sits in the AFL world.

Yep, in Pembroke parlance we call it "Jace Bode" syndome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back