The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We're now 5th and could drop to 6th if Sydney FC beat Perth (Which they should).
If only we started the season better then we would have been in a better position.

As this year has shown anyone can beat anyone on their day. We shot ourselves in the foot by not winning against the Heart and again Friday night. Bring on the finals I say

Really hope Sydney wins today, would rather play the marinaras.
not sure about that. After all they just beat Roar away. Also we have a crap record in Gosford. Would rather play Victory and have a fair bit of supporter making the trip over the border.

not sure about that. After all they just beat Roar away. Also we have a crap record in Gosford. Would rather play Victory and have a fair bit of supporter making the trip over the border.

But our away record against the silly people is also terrible, if not worse. Plus we've actually beaten the mariners.

So a trip to Gosford next Saturday, much prefer that then Melbourne tbh. We always seem to struggle playing there but we have beaten them comfortably in our last two games against them. Plus they have an ACL game Wednesday so they may struggle to back up, but I can't see that being a major issue. A win and I believe we will have to go up to Brisbane so it's going to be hard from here either way.

Away trip at possibly the worst time personally. *!

For anyone here thinking of making the trip over, the Red Army will have a pub to announce soon, if everything goes to plan.

Those who aren't travelling, it'll be standard fare at the Hope Inn on Sat Afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to win there eventually, embrace it.

I have to admit that even If we do lose on Saturday, I wouldn't be overly disappointed, because the news of Josep signing on till 2017 has me very excited for the future of the Adelaide United FC! Having said that though, It would be awesome if we can go all the way this year, but it's not a failure if we don't. Next year is where we will really shine. COYR!!! :D

Boogaard signs a 1 year extension!

Good news....He has been very good recently. :thumbsu:

He gets a very bad rap but hes been fantastic all season. As with all defenders people tend to focus on the couple errors as opposed to the last line stuff. Still need another quality CB and probably a Left full back if we lose Zullo

Adelaide United Club Champion Awards:

Club Champion - Isaias - Well deserved :thumbsu:! Chelo 2nd.
Best team man - Malik
Player's player award - Chelo
Fans player of the year - Chelo
Rising Star - Elsey
Youth team MVP - Dion Kirk
Youth Team top goalscorer - Anthony Costa
:thumbsu:

Hey guys, the Jets appointed former Adelaide assistant Phil Stubbins as manager last night. Just wondering if you have any thoughts/comments on him? Don't know a huge amount about him but apparently was highly rated by those at Adelaide during his time there?

Rate him very highly, shouldve coached us after we sacked Rini. Great youth developer too

Rate him very highly, shouldve coached us after we sacked Rini. Great youth developer too

Yeah, I think that must be one of the reasons they appointed him. We have a relatively young squad so hopefully he can help a lot of the players lift their games to another level. Quietly optimistic about the appointment. Doesn't have a bad win/loss record either I believe.

Hey guys, the Jets appointed former Adelaide assistant Phil Stubbins as manager last night. Just wondering if you have any thoughts/comments on him? Don't know a huge amount about him but apparently was highly rated by those at Adelaide during his time there?
Kossie MK2
Deserves a shot. Technically queries but they'll be fit for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back