The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We are playing a lot of our kids so far. We beat the Comets 4-1 Tuesday with a largely youth team squad. 2 guys who have really impressed are a young winger Bruce Kamau (think Awer but smaller and faster) and a RB Mark Ochieng from the AIS.

Still a couple recruits to come in as well as a possible guest signing but we will have a young, very mobile and fast squad

Wasn't able to get to the game last night but from what I heard it was a little bit of a scrappy win. I heard Jeggo was very good though along with the Boogard and mcGowan partnership and Izzo made some good saves. Bring on the round of 16 honestly I think this competition is our only hope of a trophy this season. COYR!

Isaias was BOG by the length of the straight. Some of his passing and vision was absolutely ridiculous, and McGowan was indeed very good as CB. People forget its a long time until the first game, granted some clubs are ahead of us at this early stage but we will surprise.

Better record than Isaias and Cirio, if he can be as good as them he will do fine. We dont have the cash to sign a big name so as long as we have role players we will be fine.

Still a couple to come too I think, Aussie signings too.

Season launch is September 5, would imagine that is the day

Might have to spend a bit of time in adelaide this A-League season, so may end up with a membership. Always liked the look of that bar on ground level near the Active supporters area on the northside on the Western grandstand, what level of membership does it require to stand there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round of 16 draw will be drawn Friday. Really hoping we can play a non A League side to give us a greater chance of progressing to the quarters. This is our best chance at a trophy this season!

Beat City in the Territory today too. Adelaide City play the Strikers.

Very good signing and a local lad but it has to cast doubts on Cassios return.

Goodwin is a fantastic signing!
We now have 17 products of SA football on our senior team. That has to be the most out of any other club in the A-league?

Goodwin is a fantastic signing!
We now have 17 products of SA football on our senior team. That has to be the most out of any other club in the A-league?

not all of those are part of the senior team...

10612805_10154699873335019_1312965116034542246_n.png

Disappointed this match will be played behind closed doors! :(
Really would have gone to see it.

Hello Red Heads - wondering if anyone knows much about a former youth team captain of yours, Allan Welsh (20yo CB) who the Jets have just signed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back