The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane are the best team despite being a bit off the last few weeks. Will we beat them ?? If we eliminate most errors then yes and will they win the title ?? Who knows, anyone can at this point but finishing top sure helps

until the defenders work out how to defend consistently we're not the best.

watching brisbane last night, they're the best team, smith blunder aside, they're well drilled, organised and have a strong midfield. let off them a bit and they'll punish you, as seen with broich's goal.

As I see it there are 3 teams ho are the most dangerous. They are us Brisbane and Victory. Each team can murder you after small errors. Wellington too although they will find finals travel hard. What remains to be seen is how tge ACL affects those competing which we and the Roar don't have.

Yeah not all that bothered by WSW to be honest, think the ACL will hurt them and teams are starting to work them out.

Have to agree to disagree, dont think theyre close ATM.

Now that WSW lost, We are still just 4 points away from them and 2nd spot. We are getting closer and closer. :D

Puyol has retired.

He's 35 but I reckon he can keep going a bit longer yet and would be the ideal marquee. Would even prefer him to Chelo as marquee tbh.

Very very big name and would be a huge boost to the young guys in the squad. Im sure Mckain and Euge would approve, but I honestly don't see our club spending that kind of moneys even if he wanted to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide wont spend money on a player. They dont have any money to spend.
The next big marquee player will go to Melb Heart I feel, with the Man City connection, possibly a man city player retiring may come down for a season or two.

We need to beat WSW next week if we want to finish 2nd.

BTW on the subject of a marquee player for AU, how about Sotiris Kyrgiakos??
He'll be playing for Sydney Olympic this season hoping to get noticed by an A-league club. He said that he wants to finish his career off in Australia. He's currently 34 and still has a lot left in him, especially in the A-league. Liverpool fans will be aware of him, since he spent a few season at Anfield. For anyone that doesn't know anything about him, he's a big intimidating defender that's great at aerial contest and he has the ability to score goals off set pieces. I'd say that his style is similar to that of Ognenovski. He wouldn't be an expensive marquee either.
I'd say we should really consider getting him.

Wouldn't pay a state league player marquee wages. Signing him wouldn't be a bad move as I think we need that big intimidating presence. Having said that who of our imports would you get rid of to fit him in ???

Agree with Chelo, didnt look fit at all. As for the performance I have a theory. The 2 teams that we have poor records against this year are Brisbane, although we did pinch one game, and Victory. The only 2 teams who get the ball and try to play like us. Everyone else sits and allows us to play, and we just haven't quite got to that level.

Alas it wasn't a bad performance and we gutsed it out. We MUST best WSW and their traveling band of wannabe hooligans if we want to shore up a spot in the 6. We are too good to miss out.

We were robbed last night. Even though we weren't playing that well, I feel if we had an extra player, we would have had a real crack at it.
D'Apuzzo should have been sent off for that arm across Fabio. In fact it was worthy of a Straight red.
Dilevski's a ******* shiiiiiit ref!

One to no doubt keep most happy....... Boogs is off to Russian 2nd division at seasons end. Also, Kamara has been released to a WA Premier League side.

Leaves us a defender short, we will be buying someone and they will most likely need to be Australian. Boogs cops a bit on here but hes been a pretty good defender for many years. Yes he has the brain fades but id argue that if you went back to look at the times hes been on the last line itll be somewhat more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back