Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

can he be used as balbajl replacement?
If, and only if, the FFA deem him marketable enough that we can use him as a guest player which is unlikely. To us he is a returning hero to the league he is a good player returning for a season who won't increase away crowds.

As I mentioned Kareem Bulut has been released from jail....... err I mean his Greek club. Slightly questionable character but a VERY good goalscorer. If we could nab him on a free that would be great.

No probably not, he's the best option though IMO.

I gotta bad feeling that if we get past Shandong, it'll almost certainly ruin our A-League campaign again. We were somewhat poor tonight even though we did make some changes from the Jets game.

If we again go understrength against CCM, then we could be in for a rude awakening.

My feelings exactly. Id love to get into the group simply for the financial benefits we get but with A League squad sizes the way they are its difficult to concentrate on 2 fronts.

Its too hard with a squad of 23 and salary cap. Makes the efforts of the Wanderers and us quite remarkable.

Its possible. Anyone currently in the 6 can beat anyone else on their day.......

Except us and Victory. First time for everything I guess.

Tbh I won't be disappointed if we lose to Shandong, as we'd have full focus on the A-League. After all winning the 'toilet seat' is better than being a losing quarter finallist in the ACL.

If, and only if, the FFA deem him marketable enough that we can use him as a guest player which is unlikely. To us he is a returning hero to the league he is a good player returning for a season who won't increase away crowds.

As I mentioned Kareem Bulut has been released from jail....... err I mean his Greek club. Slightly questionable character but a VERY good goalscorer. If we could nab him on a free that would be great.
He played in the Greek cup quater final so think he is still there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I won't be disappointed if we lose to Shandong, as we'd have full focus on the A-League. After all winning the 'toilet seat' is better than being a losing quarter finallist in the ACL.
Griffin is all about cash, qtr final earns much more money than the seat

Give me silverware over a profit anyday.
Its not the way he works but I couldn't agree more with you. He is a businessman not a fan of the club, so the profits hold a bigger slice of the thinking.

Reality is they go hand in hand. Perform onfield and the money will come, if you dont it won't.

50/50. They have some VERY dangerous players, Montillo and Tardelli have played for Argentina and Brazil respectively and the latter was in the 2014 WC squad. They have another Brazilian who led the CSL scoring last year.

They will tire I have no doubt, they are still in PS mode and played in conditions that were 25 celsius colder last week. Deny them space and keep calm in defence, sit back and hold the ball. The longer we keep it level then the bigger chance we are of winning. They'll be aiming for a fast start before they run outta gas.

Shandong are also a sister club of ours.

They used to be I believe.

After tonight's stupid tactics by $handong, I wouldn't want anything to do with them.
I believe they still are, and Adelaide has a 'sister city' relationship with Shandong Provence

Back