Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Like Cox, Jacobs was also dominant for us and will be damn good in ruck this year, did a job on Jolly last week, west coast won't have the ruck all their way like they think they will. Our midfield has been excellent so far this year though, finally starting to show their real potential after a big summer in the gym and a heap of boxing and physical work. Reckon we'll account for West Coast but the score won't be as big as the Collingwood game.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Most pre-seasons there seems to be one side that plays good, fast, attacking/high scoring footy, ala Adelaides effort v Collingwood. This team usually wins the preseason comp.

Reckon Adelaide should go in as favourites but I will, as always use up the only optimism I ever have in life and tip my team to win the footy. WCE by 27points.

I doubt the crowd will be higher than 23 to 24k. It's still mad March here in Adelaide.

RobDog18

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 12, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I heard somewhere that the rules for this match will be the same as the regular season's rules? Is this true, cause i'm sick of that out of bounds rule.

And Adelaide to win.

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Adelaide more settled than west coast , games in Adelaide, so it depends on how bad Adelaide want it. Low crowd will mean less nerves for the inexperienced but monentum gaining home side.

Could get ugly in the second half......

6 goals to the home side 29 thousand attendance

With everything else in Adelaide at this time of the year?

Won't crack 30k.
Could range anywhere from 17-28k IMO.

Who'll win? Probably West Coast, but Adelaide will probably outplay them only for our lack of KPD depth to be exploited.

West Coast by about 2-3 goals.

With everything else in Adelaide at this time of the year?

Not only that, but it's not included in club membership, so the majority of members won't attend on the basis that "I've paid already, why are the AFL keeping me out?" - especially at $31.25 for an adults ticket. Even worse, the Footy Express bus service from the regular season will not be in operation, which means 0 public transport to the venue.

This is the reason why nobody has ever turned up to these games in great numbers in the past, and only the die hards will turn up this weekend. I'll be watching from home, almost certainly.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
Surely I'm not the only one wondering why this game isn't being played at Adelaide Oval?

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Im really not sure, If eagles field a full side we are the better team but it is in Adelaide and a full side means 8 changes and imbalance. I also think we will have a couple players rested and kennedy and Shuey who are massively important to us won't play in my opinion.

If it was round 1 i'd be tipping West Coast but in the nab were everything is not always as it seams im gonna go with Adelaide by under 20 due to home ground advantage. Danger for the medal if adelaide win and Cox if WCE win. Still doesn't matter as its nab but im glad my team is in it and its a good spectacle.
If i was the bookies i would have the odds even.

Attendance about 25k.

Surely I'm not the only one wondering why this game isn't being played at Adelaide Oval?

If you were at the last gasp of the summer of Cricket last week, you'd know the answer to that - the ground is already surrounded by semi-permanent fence posts, and the Bradman stand will come down in quite short order.

Adelaide Oval is officially out of commission for the rest of the year.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Im really not sure, If eagles field a full side we are the better team but it is in Adelaide and a full side means 8 changes and imbalance. I also think we will have a couple players rested and kennedy and Shuey who are massively important to us won't play in my opinion.

If it was round 1 i'd be tipping West Coast but in the nab were everything is not always as it seams im gonna go with Adelaide by under 20 due to home ground advantage. Danger for the medal if adelaide win and Cox if WCE win. Still doesn't matter as its nab but im glad my team is in it and its a good spectacle.
If i was the bookies i would have the odds even.

Attendance about 25k.

I have my doubts about Kennedy and perhaps Gaff. Shuey however should be more than ready to go.

Lynch won't play and Cox could be rested for Lycett.

Back