Adelaide v WCE, who and by how much (AND) crowd predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox won't be rested for Lycett, we'll play our full strength side (barring whoever's injured). Adelaide won't get close IMO, no where near the level of West Coast, they won't be able to handle the press and Kennedy (if he plays) should kick a bag on Talia who is pretty much Adelaide's only KPD.

West Coast by 44.

Would be a sell out in Perth. Oh well.

I hate Adelaide but only because of the great encounters of the past. Massive preseason so far for them.

I think we will win though. Crowd hopefully 50'000. :)

Adelaide just, by a few points, definitely not the same insipid Adelaide team that played West Coast in round 22 last year. Better gameplan, none of this going backwards garbage, consistent pressure on the ball carrier and just more competitive in general. I think West Coast maybe surprised by an Adelaide ambush if they don't bring their game faces next Saturday night ;)

Full strength westcoast wins by 5+ goals , a few missing and it could go either way

Adelaide = SEVERELY OVERRATED

They will get a reality check on Saturday night.

Got to love that.

We don't need a reality check, we know we ain't there yet and exactly who is over-rating us?

Your arrogance knows no bounds. 12 months ago you were the reigning wooden spooners and no-one saw what was going to happen in 2011 for your mob.

Given Adelaide is playing an infinitely more attacking game this year (that assumes you have even seen any of our games so far) suggests that Saturday night will be a great test for our guys.

Will be there and looking forward to give you a run for your money and it will be with pleasure to kick your sorry arse back to WA.

Who is overrating you? Um..pretty much this whole board by saying you will make the 8! You have only beaten amazingly depleted opposition, you're yet to even play a full strength team. Had Collingwood had there full team on Saturday night, it would have been over by quarter time. And yes I have watched every match on Fox this whole Pre season, Adelaide are a very average side who won't be able to compete with full strength sides. West Coast beat a full strength St Kilda by 6 goals with 8 key players missing. Adelaide may come close on Saturday night because of West Coast's somewhat depleted side, but come regular season, Adelaide won't get anywhere near teams like Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast and Carlton.

Who is overrating you? Um..pretty much this whole board by saying you will make the 8! You have only beaten amazingly depleted opposition, you're yet to even play a full strength team. Had Collingwood had there full team on Saturday night, it would have been over by quarter time. And yes I have watched every match on Fox this whole Pre season, Adelaide are a very average side who won't be able to compete with full strength sides. West Coast beat a full strength St Kilda by 6 goals with 8 key players missing. Adelaide may come close on Saturday night because of West Coast's somewhat depleted side, but come regular season, Adelaide won't get anywhere near teams like Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast and Carlton.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. On one hand you're saying a depleted Eagles smashed a full strength St Kilda, who you imply to be a better side than Adelaide. On the other hand, you're trying to cover your arse by saying a less depleted West Coast outfit may struggle against the inferior Adelaide this weekend. Why are you trying to compensate champ? What are you afraid of?

It's a new year. Forget last year's form, it no longer holds any relevance. Port Adelaide were 12th in 2006 and grand finalists in 2007. Your own Eagles went from insipid spooners who lost to an ailing Adelaide at Subi in 2010, to a top 4 silly chance for the flag in 2011 (pumping my mob by 95 points in the equivalent fixture to the previous year). If you win on Saturday, it doesn't have anything to do with what last year's form tells us, or your "ability" to read the performances of sides so far this year. It'll be because you play the better football on the day. You don't know who the better side is in 2012. Nor does anyone. Yet.

Personally I'm not sure what to expect. The NAB Cup has historically been a reasonable form guide for the season; we'll get a better read on both sides this weekend. Don't underestimate the Crows.

Happy to see you back on this board on Sunday.

To put some perspective in this, last year when you were flying and we were genuinely crap we met in round 12 where you beat us by 6 goals at AAMI with Le Cras kicking 5 goals. This isn't the same side as 2011, the players may be similar but that's where the similarity ends. New coach and attacking game plan.

Looking forward to it.

Adelaide by 10 points and crowd of 28,000.

PS : Yes you beat a full strength St Kilda but way does that mean given you barely got over Port by 5 points, who were playing away!

Would be a sell out in Perth. Oh well.

I hate Adelaide but only because of the great encounters of the past. Massive preseason so far for them.

I think we will win though. Crowd hopefully 50'000. :)

This is pretty delusional. West Coast only got 9k or something against the Saints, there just isn't that much interest in the NAB Cup anymore.

Reckon West Coast by 17, crowd 22k.

This is pretty delusional. West Coast only got 9k or something against the Saints, there just isn't that much interest in the NAB Cup anymore.

It was very tongue in cheek. I still think it would get a bigger crowd in WA though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crows by 15

i think while west coast have played decent footy this pre-season, we've been home for 3 weeks and against fairly meagre opposition (besides saints). the crows have really clicked so far.

im not really fussed... no injuries plz.

If you were at the last gasp of the summer of Cricket last week, you'd know the answer to that - the ground is already surrounded by semi-permanent fence posts, and the Bradman stand will come down in quite short order.

Adelaide Oval is officially out of commission for the rest of the year.

Cricket is being played there until the end of March, some local tournament or something?

They wouldnt play it there due to the centre square; neither Club would allow their players on the oval when it still has cricket pitch hardness in the middle.

It was 500 degrees outside of course the crowd was poor, not to mention west coast members paying double what most other clubs pay for memberships its not really surprising people aren't willing to fork out even more money to go to relatively meaningless matches, either way Adelaide finished top and in the warped fairness of the NAB Cup deserve the home final.
I would be pissed if west coast finished top and did not get the home final.

To the match, well I have not seen the crows play this year, the only thing I have read is that they are fielding a full strength side pretty much every week, we have not done this but have done ok and have a lot of fringe players trying to cement spots in the side. At home I would happily tip the eagles in Adelaide I really don't know but Adelaide probably need the win more than west coast do, I expect they will play that way. We will be fielding a bunch of players in their first matches back which will be interesting.

If west coast go 100% they should comfortably beat the crows, but the crows look a lot further ahead in their training and build-up this year, not unlike us last year. I think at quarter time it will be reasonably obvious to see which team wants it more, I will reserve my tip until then.

Crows by 2 points

Crowd 28k

Still not 100% sure what results to expect from the crows this year with the different game plan and such. Hopefully us supporters haven't been given any false hope with this nab cup, but I think we can pull it off. If Cox goes up forward we are kinda screwed in that department, Talia still needs a few more years.

Adelaide = SEVERELY OVERRATED

the only thing I have read is that they are fielding a full strength side pretty much every week

You have obviously only been reading typical WA media rubbish. Adelaide had 8 first choice players out for the Brisbane game, as did Brisbane, and still pumped them by 10 goals, in Alice Springs. Remember what an away game feels like? We also had a bunch of players out for our Port and Carlton games, as did both of them, and still beat them both. Collingwood still had Swan, Pendlebury, Cloke, Dawes, Maxwell and a heap of their stars playing when our mob pumped them by 13 goals last week. I can't stand the one eyed chest beating bleating that often comes out from one eyed west coast supporters like Imach8 who really wouldn't have a clue what is going on 3000 ks away. Yes your team is playing well. But so is ours. A tiny bit of humility sometimes works, even if you are confident, as has been shown by some WC supporters.

Who is overrating you? Um..pretty much this whole board by saying you will make the 8!

Making the 8 is not over-rating them - hell even on last year's efforts Adelaide should make the 8. I think even Crows fans will concede that they have been given a very favourable draw.

Couple that with improvement from a number of players and the 8 should be a break even point.

I hope we get flogged.

WCE expose some weaknesses in our game that we can work on in next two weeks before Gold Coast in round one. So far we have learnt that our back up FB is not a key defender yet.

But I think it will be a tight game anf us to win by under a goal. Crowd about 15k. Which.will be one of the biggest crowds so far thos year.

Last weeks crowd at Footy Park was the biggest of the week.

There is still interest. Just not interested in giving the AFL more money on a 40 degree day when the start time for games in WA is far too early because of eastern states tv viewing. They cut the game length down because of heat and still charge the same price. AFL members get let in for free but not our club members, even though we are already paying the most for memberships compared to the rest of the comp.

As for the crows - they look like they will be pushing for a spot in the eight this year and it wouldn't surprise me if they won.

Cricket is being played there until the end of March, some local tournament or something?

They wouldnt play it there due to the centre square; neither Club would allow their players on the oval when it still has cricket pitch hardness in the middle.

Yes, this is what I was actually saying, I wasn't wrong at all, people just misread me :thumbsu:

If you were at the last gasp of the summer of Cricket last week, you'd know the answer to that - the ground is already surrounded by semi-permanent fence posts, and the Bradman stand will come down in quite short order.

Adelaide Oval is officially out of commission for the rest of the year.

I heard that international cricket may still be played at Adelaide Oval during construction, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I reckon the first day of the AAMI Stadium test match in the 2012/13 summer will get a bigger crowd than this Saturday. :D

We have some underdone players and due to niggles may not be able to field a full strength team.

Crows at home, NAB cup, soft umpiring..... I give them a good shot. Heck if we are not on our A-game they could give us a hiding.

This one is to difficult for me to call either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back