Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Best playground in oz for a long time. Flying fox was fun, even when you're an old man with grey hair.
p2023253_r.jpg

Playground.jpg

Pirate_Ship-_St_Kilda_playground.jpg

That place was the compensation for being a kid in the era that walking round stinky mangrove swamps was considered a fun and educational day out by my parents.

and then when you got older it became a good place to go to smoke bongs and freak yourself out by wandering around the cave maze at night while high...

flying fox, like little graham said, was awesome too

That playground has a carpark that many a young hoon learned how to do doughies and figure eights. Most car thiefs out of Elizabeth headed for the play ground after succesfully stealing a car. Most though, didn't make it across Port Wakefield road from blowing the rear tires

That playground has a carpark that many a young hoon learned how to do doughies and figure eights. Most car thiefs out of Elizabeth headed for the play ground after succesfully stealing a car. Most though, didn't make it across Port Wakefield road from blowing the rear tires

When my car was stolen it got taken to Wingfield and set on fire...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to love going to the giant treehouse slide , in marshmellow park on Glen Osmond rd when we were kids.

Was a compulsory stop every time we drove into our stay in Adelaide

The park is still there but when I went past about 10 years ago the giant treehouse slide was gone

Don't mind Adelaide, been there to go to the cricket a couple of times and always had a good few days. I don't think it's somewhere id spend a lot of time but round the city and over to the Oval is cool, I definitely need to get to the footy there.

Only problem in Melbourne is everybody who goes there feels the need to say "going to Radelaide". Something about that term that makes me want to utensil punch them.

Hell yeah Dazzleland. That didn't last long.

Still remember the ad, "Come on down to Razzle Dazzle LAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand!" Was desperate to go there but could never convince mum and dad that it was worth the trip up from the country.

Still remember the ad, "Come on down to Razzle Dazzle LAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand!" Was desperate to go there but could never convince mum and dad that it was worth the trip up from the country.

It was initially popular then died off after a couple of years. Dazzleland was basically the same things you see in the side show area at the Royal Show, only more expensive. It also had a video game arcade which was the only thing that stayed consistently popular as I recall.

Yeah it was no Magic Mountain. Every now and then they'd do this deal where for 3 or so hours, you could pay a set price and play as many games as you wanted. Basically an all you can eat buffet with games. That was awesome. I'll always remember the panic and mad rush when they announced there was 15 minutes to go and there were still games you hadn't got around to playing yet.

Liked Magic Mountain too. I first went there in 89 I think and the tokens were 20 cents each yet I'm sure the last time I went there in the mid 90s they were a dollar. I remember realising they weren't updating their games much passed the early 90s but who cares when they were such classics. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back