Administration - The AFL v NRL *Moderator Approved* - Rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not allowed to banter on this board and definetly no fun.

We need stats and links and they must be passed certifiable and then and only then can they be posted.

Actually, posting a comment from a recognised media person doesnt qualify as banter, and as for the rest, yes I require links and stats in this thread. I require them for a reason. If you cant handle it, stop posting here.

On a different topic, I think the State of Origin ad for the game at the MCG next year is a good one from the NRL. It plays on Victorians pride in the iconic MCG and the huge event of State of Origin itself and less about the sport of Rugby League, which Victorians have very little interest in.

Perhaps this should of been posted on the RL board, but I'm never to sure what's allowed there.

On a different topic, I think the State of Origin ad for the game at the MCG next year is a good one from the NRL. It plays on Victorians pride in the iconic MCG and the huge event of State of Origin itself and less about the sport of Rugby League, which Victorians have very little interest in.

Perhaps this should of been posted on the RL board, but I'm never to sure what's allowed there.

I'll be going. Just $25 for MCC members

so lets talk Rugby league ratings outside of NSW and QLD where they are routinely beaten by the SANFL/WAFL and VFL. Hell the NRL is barely on live tv in Adelaide due to lack of interest. With the VFL going to commercial tv next year, thats likely to get worse too for the NRL. Yeah yeah no side in Adelaide or Perth and the associated excuses - even though they've had teams before and are well aware of the NRL.

so lets talk Rugby league ratings outside of NSW and QLD where they are routinely beaten by the SANFL/WAFL and VFL. Hell the NRL is barely on live tv in Adelaide due to lack of interest. With the VFL going to commercial tv next year, thats likely to get worse too for the NRL. Yeah yeah no side in Adelaide or Perth and the associated excuses - even though they've had teams before and are well aware of the NRL.
For anyone who actually lives in qld the story is not surprising in the slightest, just as what you have said about Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NRL games on GEM Melbourne often beat AFL games shown on 7 Mate in Sydney and Brisbane.

The AFL have two teams in Queensland and according to a few here are supposedly taking over the state. Seems the likes of tigernova, Matchu and fabulousphil have jumped the gun.

I think we have to live with the idea that in Queensland and New South Wales, Rugby League is king of the tv - whether at state level or not (NSW Cup/Holden Cup averages are much better than the foxtel cup ratings on fox for example). Outside of those states - and possibly the NT for which we have literally no data - tv goes to the AFL and its state leagues.

Thats the way it was, the way it is, and the way it will be for some time.

Crowds on the weekend

VFL: 23,816
WAFL: 11,987 (Very wet)
SANFL: 38,644

NRL Finals: 18,355 & 28,186

Maybe focus on try to overtake our reserve leagues first NRL, yeah?

I can't wait to compare the NRL crowds next weekend to all the AFL competitions around Australia. Going to be like 80k to 0. That will clearly prove more people like NRL than any AFL

420k in Melbourne watched last years origin.

388k watched port v tigers in week 1 of the finals and only 236k watched swans v freo.

So more people care about origin than 2 week 1 afl finals.

If it's RL related then feel free to post it. We don't bite too hard. :)

I can't wait to compare the NRL crowds next weekend to all the AFL competitions around Australia. Going to be like 80k to 0. That will clearly prove more people like NRL than any AFL
Like I said, focus on overtaking the WAFL, SANFL and VFL first buddy - small steps.

However it does seem you are easily ahead of the NEAFL! Good stuff NRL! Well done!

Like I said, focus on overtaking the WAFL, SANFL and VFL first buddy - small steps.

However it does seem you are easily ahead of the NEAFL! Good stuff NRL! Well done!

Well firstly, the WAFL's biggest game of the year got 11k... Will we beat the SANFL and VFL this weekend? Seems like we achieved your goal in less than a week.

Well firstly, the WAFL's biggest game of the year got 11k... Will we beat the SANFL and VFL this weekend? Seems like we achieved your goal in less than a week.

Looks under 50k tonight which will be a major disappointment if it is.

Which was played in absolutely appalling conditions - you should probably mention that.

WAFL GF attendances have been pretty solid the past decade;
2013 - 20,008
2012 - 18,612
2011 - 15,459
2010 - 24,638
2009 - 22,738
2008 - 23,199
2007 - 19,541
2006 - 21,291
2005 - 22,570
2004 - 21,507

A lot of those are better than NRL finals crowds this year.

Which was played in absolutely appalling conditions - you should probably mention that.

WAFL GF attendances have been pretty solid the past decade;
2013 - 20,008
2012 - 18,612
2011 - 15,459
2010 - 24,638
2009 - 22,738
2008 - 23,199
2007 - 19,541
2006 - 21,291
2005 - 22,570
2004 - 21,507

A lot of those are better than NRL finals crowds this year.

It was appalling particularly early Sunday morning, torrential rain and 100kph winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back