Administration - The AFL v NRL *Moderator Approved* - Rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowd should have been bigger, the ARLC screwed up the scheduling by taking to long to confirm the dates, cost them a lot of traveling poms that usually make the trip. It wasn't that long ago they got over 36k against England at docklands.

Crowd should have been bigger, the ARLC screwed up the scheduling by taking to long to confirm the dates, cost them a lot of traveling poms that usually make the trip. It wasn't that long ago they got over 36k against England at docklands.
the game being played at AAMI would have made no difference to Etihad
Over 20k for international rugby league in Melbourne.
and thats good?

the game being played at AAMI would have made no difference to Etihad

and thats good?

Better than any international AFL has got in Sydney. I think there were a few hundred for the international rules cup a few years ago though?

Better than any international AFL has got in Sydney. I think there were a few hundred for the international rules cup a few years ago though?
AFL has never claimed to be an international game like RL does. the Swans regularly do far better than the crowd the NRL got for the Four Nations.
just point out, that the NRL would have expected a better turn out

AFL has never claimed to be an international game like RL does. the Swans regularly do far better than the crowd the NRL got for the Four Nations.
just point out, that the NRL would have expected a better turn out

Why would the NRL expect a better turn out ? Crowds are not a NRL strength unlike 4 games in TVs top 10 ratings. Its easy to view another sport applying AFL type thoughting !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say no more.
exactly!
inflated numbers, taken from imaginary people from TV land.
why is that the A league has crap ratings, yet has had a few sellouts & decent crowds for them to other games?
every game throughout the NRL season, has crap crowds except the GF and the state vs state gimmick of SOO?
it rates well, but in a city of 4.7 million no one bothers to show up?

backed up by the
low memberships, low revenue streams of the clubs & low sponsorship numbers, & participation rates around the country

invisible people? false numbers.
maybe if some other other key indicators were a bit closer,

take the tin foil hat off. If the NRLs numbers were inflated with false numbers it would have been caught years ago. As far as I know the NRLs ratings havent been seriously disputed since the current ratings system was introduced.

take the tin foil hat off. If the NRLs numbers were inflated with false numbers it would have been caught years ago. As far as I know the NRLs ratings havent been seriously disputed since the current ratings system was introduced.
the ratings are firstly set up by the networks to protect their product, 5000 hardly represents the views of 23 million Australians.

when comparing the two codes, this is the only thing that is remotely similar!
the rest, nothing else is even close, the AFL is that far in front!
revenue, sponsorship dollars, memberships, merchandise, from the AFL commission, to the clubs are decades in front. Even the participation rates, based on research results from the Australian bureau of statistics to Roy Morgan the AFL is that frar ahead

yet the ratings are similar, so lets ignore the rest of the facts based on every other key indicator.
claim that the NRL is just as big and as popular as the AFLo_O

the ratings are firstly set up by the networks to protect their product, 5000 hardly represents the views of 23 million Australians.

revenue, sponsorship dollars, memberships, merchandise, from the AFL commission, to the clubs are decades in front. Even the participation rates, based on research results from the Australian bureau of statistics to Roy Morgan the AFL is that frar ahead

yet the ratings are similar, so lets ignore the rest of the facts based on every other key indicator.

I ignore nothing, Im well aware of the available data and yet Tv networks paid almost the same for the broadcast rights as they did for the AFL. So there must be something in it the figures that rings true to the people paying the money.

I feel I am wasting my time repeating myself but here goes.

Ratings don't work like that, if they are wrong, they are wrong for all programming, not just NRL programming. You cant pick and choose which ratings you believe because it suits an agenda.

Billions of dollars in advertising and content agreements are, in part, made on the basis of ratings information.

There is not much difference between the broadcast revenues of the two codes, which again suggests the ratings are a fair reflection.

The AFL have been a far better run code than the NRL has, for a multitude of reasons, but the NRL have started to get their act together and the gap in those other areas will start to close.

Ratings don't work like that, if they are wrong, they are wrong for all programming, not just NRL programming. You cant pick and choose which ratings you believe because it suits an agenda.

Billions of dollars in advertising and content agreements are, in part, made on the basis of ratings information.

There is not much difference between the broadcast revenues of the two codes, which again suggests the ratings are a fair reflection.

The AFL have been a far better run code than the NRL has, for a multitude of reasons, but the NRL have started to get their act together and the gap in those other areas will start to close.

The AFL does have some natural advantages over the NRL from a TV networks perspective

- The coverage goes for 3 hours instead of 2 hours
- Many more opportunities for advertisements particularly after goals where the adverts would be worth the most as they do not go for long enough for people to get up and go to the toilet.

Agree with the bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back