Tutorial Adobe Illustrator tutorial

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 68495
While I'm in the thread

How come I get this silver outline thing when I colour a shape? Is there a way to get rid of it?
Umm not sure, that shouldn't happen. Perhaps try adding a small black stroke to the blue, or a blue stroke to the blue.

Seems odd, but I think it's happened to me before.

Umm not sure, that shouldn't happen. Perhaps try adding a small black stroke to the blue, or a blue stroke to the blue.

Seems odd, but I think it's happened to me before.
I noticed it in your Darwin Jets logos a couple of times as well.
Yeah I tried that and on the outside of the stroke it still does that.

I noticed it in your Darwin Jets logos a couple of times as well.
Yeah I tried that and on the outside of the stroke it still does that.
Yeah the more you zoom in it disappears. It happens with some of my vectorised work on Ai. Not much you can do about it, unless Adobe can help you out.

Make them yourself with the pen tool.
Yeah, sure. For someone who's just picked up Illustrator, they'll be able to use the pen tool no problem.

Fizzler, what I did was watch the pen tutorial videos in this thread, downloaded the templates Mero has in the UTT (I can't remember whereabouts they are) and copied the sash, stripes etc with the pen tool and saved them

How are you going to practice then?
I'm just saying, for a beginner, that's like asking a choirboy to perform Mass in the Sistine Chapel. No chance. Explain it to him, give pointers. There are videos in this thread, point them out and show how they are helpful. If you chuck someone in the deepens with no practice, they'll drown.

It might be the teacher talking in me, I've been studying it for almost three years now

Studying AI? Any decent videos? I really wanna get good at using the pen tool and not just be able to do stripes haha
Studying teaching, I reckon.
Yeah, teaching. I'm at uni studying Primary Education

As for videos, this one helped me the most.

But like I said to Fizzler, practice by going over already existing shapes. Copy and past one of Meros sashes, for example, and copy to outline with the pen tool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many people studying teaching these days
I'm going to assume you're not trolling, in which case I'll reply with the following:

I disagree. There's an incredible amount studying teaching. And it's on the increase. Which means that there are a limited amount of jobs available for way too many people.

I remember one day in the winter holidays last year, I sat down and undertook a large task to learn the pen tool.

Here it is. CAR-PROJECT.gif
Front wheel is a bit shoddy, but hey, I was really happy with it.

The point I'm making is that it takes time to learn, it can't just be learnt in one night.

Why does everyone just assume sarcasm is trolling now? I wasn't trolling.

But yeah I've heard of heaps of people studying teaching now. At least the holidays are good.
Holidays are crap. You get less time than students and the time you do get is spent preparing and planning lessons, and marking :(

Holidays are crap. You get less time than students and the time you do get is spent preparing and planning lessons, and marking :(
That's why you only work a few days a week, means you don't get allocated the shitty electives, but also don't have 3-4 classes to mark.

I remember one day in the winter holidays last year, I sat down and undertook a large task to learn the pen tool.

Here it is.View attachment 89619
Front wheel is a bit shoddy, but hey, I was really happy with it.

The point I'm making is that it takes time to learn, it can't just be learnt in one night.
That's pretty based. Were you basing it off a photo or drawing freehand?

That's pretty based. Were you basing it off a photo or drawing freehand?
I did it over the top of an actual image of the car, this way I could see the shape of each line I needed to make, and wouldn't move on until it was alright.

But hey, it taught me what was required to make shape, no matter on the amount of edges, curves etc.

It's not all classes, Art, PE, Music, etc. and would heaps of the time be spent repeating classes and getting to kids to do colouring in.
He's still doing 5 days a week and a full day, no?
Pretty much. You might get an hour or two every second day for recovery and setup for the next lesson, but otherwise, it can be pretty full on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back