Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
The song on the Tablet vs Mac ad. Love PCs but that song shits me

I assault the remote trying to hit the mute button when that ******* thing starts. On so much during the cricket too :(.

And with this being the one time of year aside from the GF that I watch network TV, all the channel 9 show ads are driving me ******* insane.

Speaking of ads getting a flogging during the cricket, the aircon ad with the talking animals is on every second over. But I still can't work out why a penguin is married to a hippo, and why they have a polar bear for a son.
You may be over thinking things a tad

Speaking of ads getting a flogging during the cricket, the aircon ad with the talking animals is on every second over. But I still can't work out why a penguin is married to a hippo, and why they have a polar bear for a son.

That's been on for around a decade now, and you've only just started questioning it?

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
That Walker Electrical radio ad or what ever the company is called that gets played on 94.5 here in Perth. I'm talking about that one where the group of guys are singing. Horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And with this being the one time of year aside from the GF that I watch network TV, all the channel 9 show ads are driving me ******* insane.

I don't watch the cricket but I do watch the tennis and have to endure all the 7 promos for their s**t shows. And to top it off whoever is commentating at the time will jizz all over it like it's a great show and not some POS like Home & Away or My Kitchen Rules.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
It's so awkward when Jim Courier is in the box with them, I have to mute it every time they do it. I feel so sorry for that guy.

TBF, it's only Bruce that jizzes over the new or returning shows.

You don't hear Woody or Lley Lley fap all over shows.

On another matter, another ******* Jeep ad popped up the other day.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I've noticed he gets quite enthusiastic actually. He's a good media performer so obviously they're using him well.

Wouldn't he also do some this for Tennis Australia and would therefore have to tow the company line?

GTOA

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
What about the one for Nimble, where the girl is upset because of her phone bill for posting too many selfies. Then she posts selfies of herself being sad about it in different locations.

She goes to the beach and throws her phone in the sea, only for a man dressed as a rabbit to run out, and catch it (since it is common for bunnies to emerge from the ocean...not).

Why doesn't the girl stop posting selfies, and use the money from Nimble to pay for acting lessons instead?

GTOA

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Also, crap ad for AAMI, where two blokes drag-race slowly, and then look at their AAMI app to see who went faster. Some old bird pulls on a moped and says "Read it and weep, boys!" . The ranga then says "Loretta Jones".

I believe that these two bozos have appeared in the last few AAMI ads. So, this is the best AAMI can do when they no longer have any Rhonda and Ketut. They obviously couldn't capture lightning in a bottle twice.

GTOA

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It's so awkward when Jim Courier is in the box with them, I have to mute it every time they do it. I feel so sorry for that guy.

I thought John McEnroe was better when he came down to the Open to commentate.

Think what you want about McEnroe, he is actually quite an intelligent man, and is a good media performer (he just has a shocking temper, that's all).

But because McEnroe got paid more than Courier, and yet only worked the second week of the Open, they boned McEnroe and replaced him with another Yank who would work cheaper and for longer.

You're lucky, I constantly get adverts from MAC about the misadventures of Nibbles the stoner pretzel...my tax dollars at work (deep sigh)
His name's nibbles he's the guy that does stupid stuff when he gets high....

What I don't understand about the driving one is that the policeman is more concerned about Nibbles' driving than the fact the driver is a ******* pretzel.

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
That taubmans paint ad with the dad and his three sons painting the outside of the house doesnt sit well with me. They are listening to the cricket as they paint and the kids sneak off and paint some stumps on the fence. The fence is real run down and s**t looking so no dramas. The look of fear in the kids eyes when dad sees them makes me think dad has gone off at them before for doing nothing wrong, probably while drunk, probably after mum has "walked into a door". This after Rolf Harris has sold British Paints for 30 years makes me wonder what evil corporations these paint people are!

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
KFC........and the 'swear jar'............tell me how "what the" is a swear word? Stupidity all round.........not that I would every buy KFC anyway

The "are we there yet" Jeep ads (especially the radio version) are doing a fine job of maintaining Jeep's reputation as having the most annoying ******* ads in the car industry
If that was my kid in the back, I would kick him out the jeep long before we got "there". Annoying little *.

Back